#422 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:45 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 August 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

Its just what you insinuate. You don't understand how the concepts of focus fire and health pooling are fundamentally related; even though you're already doing both of these things.

Gee, it only took you another 20 pages to finally explicitly say exactly what I was saying on page 1? Posted Image

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 August 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

LOL ... I can't believe this BS easily went past 20 pages now.

What can I say? Some people are slow on the uptake.

They don't realize that concentrating firepower is just as important as health pooling -- aka. armor sharing aka. getting aggro from the enemy or whatever is/are the actual correct term(s) to use -- even though they're already doing both of these things.. Posted Image

View PostXiphias, on 21 August 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Armor sharing in the context of MWO is mostly about sharing attention, you don't necessarily have to get shot for it to be effective.

That too.

Edited by Mystere, 23 August 2019 - 04:05 AM.

#423 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:51 AM

lol you haven't been doing anything here but playing a bad DA.

Never once have I even implied that health pooling is the sole factor driving wins.

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 23 August 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

I like to troll trolls especially bad ones, its my thang Posted Image

Cool, so you never actually wanted to discuss the topic... and you troll by disagreeing with yourself?

Edited by Prototelis, 23 August 2019 - 03:53 AM.

#424 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

View PostTiantara, on 23 August 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

- YAY! I'm tier 1!! Whole 5 min!

I have a question!!! When PGI switched from Elo to PSR, what tier were you seeded in? PSR, iirc was introduced Aug 18 2015 but the public record showing MS/other Stats did not start until July 2016. As for myself started in Tier 3.75

https://mwomercs.com...30-18-aug-2015/

#425 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:27 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 August 2019 - 03:51 AM, said:

Cool, so you never actually wanted to discuss the topic... and you troll by disagreeing with yourself?

That old chestnutz

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 23 August 2019 - 04:28 AM.

#426 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:44 AM

low effort, not even a meme.

Atleast that hammer master dude posts decent memes some time.

2/10 try harder.

#427 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:54 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 August 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

I have a question!!! When PGI switched from Elo to PSR, what tier were you seeded in? PSR, iirc was introduced Aug 18 2015 but the public record showing MS/other Stats did not start until July 2016. As for myself started in Tier 3.75

https://mwomercs.com...30-18-aug-2015/

- Well... I play in MWO since it come to online. So, from official data of open beta, so it was in late 2012. There was no such thing as tier at all. (Oh that time of glory with headshots and few mech best of which was Atlas and Catapult... and Raven... yeap I love Raven since)... Ah, yes, Tier... When Tier was introduced I got tier 3(3.9) and stuck there for fun. Even drop once to tier 4 by playing really awful builds, on really trashy mech. You know how difficult was to mastering mech back then? Need 3 type of mech and skill each of them to unlock next level. So when that changes, soon I got back tier 3 and fast move to tier 2. About year of non regular play (because I love FP and there no more long assault maps which was main fun in FP play) I move to tier 2.99 and now - after 30-50 play with skilled mech - I got my first percent of tier 1. YAY!

P.S. Yeah 2 bad play and I'm back to tier 2

P.S. Okay, whole team wiped out in few min as all they will not fight after losing 2 mech. Is it normal for tier 1? Like "ah! 2 our mech died now we go and surrenderto not wasting time?"

Edited by Tiantara, 23 August 2019 - 08:45 AM.

#428 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 August 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

low effort, not even a meme.

Atleast that hammer master dude posts decent memes some time.

2/10 try harder.

Minimal Viable Effort Required, so 2 from 10 is generous.
Thank you.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 23 August 2019 - 10:18 AM.

#429 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 22 August 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

Que Eye roll

Thats you implying

That was like a year ago Posted Image
To be clear, this is what I say and always said, to spare you having to imply otherwise

Have some tips

LOL, so it's my job to trawl the entire forums looking for any posts you may have made up to nearly 1 year ago?

Or do you maybe think it's more reasonable for you to engage me within the thread we're having this discussion on?

Or perhaps you aren't so sure of your argument and need to toss a Red Herring in here while you run off?

We're done here.

#430 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:26 PM

P.S. Okay, whole team wiped out in few min as all they will not fight after losing 2 mech. Is it normal for tier 1? Like "ah! 2 our mech died now we go and surrenderto not wasting time?"

Remember, Tiers is about experience.. how many games played while meeting minimum PSR threshold so teams will have players from avg 170ish MS to avg 400+ MS. And the range in aggression and non-aggression appears to also increase, ie both sides can smell the blood in the air, kicking in the Fight/Flight effect into high gear.

#431 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:04 PM

View PostYueFei, on 23 August 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

LOL, so it's my job to trawl the entire forums looking for any posts you may have made up to nearly 1 year ago?

Or do you maybe think it's more reasonable for you to engage me within the thread we're having this discussion on?

Or perhaps you aren't so sure of your argument and need to toss a Red Herring in here while you run off?

We're done here.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

You do your job implying

I'll do mine

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 23 August 2019 - 07:07 PM.

#432 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 23 August 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion

You do your job implying

I'll do mine

LOL and what is your job exactly?

I mean you know that we have limited access to statistics in this game.

#433 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 August 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Remember, Tiers is about experience.. how many games played while meeting minimum PSR threshold so teams will have players from avg 170ish MS to avg 400+ MS. And the range in aggression and non-aggression appears to also increase, ie both sides can smell the blood in the air, kicking in the Fight/Flight effect into high gear.

- Well, playing at Tier1 surprisingly easier than Tier2. Yeap, I got a bit less damage score than usual, but players in enemy team much easier give up after heavy damage and don't even try to use any left weapons or do outcome damage. What really makes me happy - that everyone really quick calculate which mech have high level of danger and try to eliminate it at any cost. That make sense to move closer to teammates and they really protect you from light or medium. In same time you can do same knowing that backup will be noticed and they keep fire to target, and not going back.
Also I really love XL metabuilds which easier to see and kill. Knowing that mech can be disabled only by ripping his hand or specific side of torso make game really easy... maybe in same time a bit boring for those who play in tier1 too long... hm...
Great discover was proper use of weapon which was bring into fight. I finally can provide support fire with max efficiency as well as brawl or midrange strike. I really love tier1!
Only one thing that bother a little.
In tier2 players fight to the end. Because they want tier1 and victory. So, even when situation are bad, pilots try hard to do final damage at any cost, preserve any left weapons an continue battle no matter what. (Most hideous builds was made for only purpose - have some weapon till the end) Sometimes even turn all to victory. In tier1 many give up, knowing that after that mech and that also killed - victory cant be achieved, so no need to fight anymore. All calculated - 4:8 = unpreventable defeat and easier to shut-down mech and go another battle.
If describe that in few words - lack of war spirit... something like that.

#434 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

View PostTiantara, on 23 August 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

- Well, playing at Tier1 surprisingly easier than Tier2. Yeap, I got a bit less damage score than usual, but players in enemy team much easier give up after heavy damage and don't even try to use any left weapons or do outcome damage. What really makes me happy - that everyone really quick calculate which mech have high level of danger and try to eliminate it at any cost. That make sense to move closer to teammates and they really protect you from light or medium. In same time you can do same knowing that backup will be noticed and they keep fire to target, and not going back.
Also I really love XL metabuilds which easier to see and kill. Knowing that mech can be disabled only by ripping his hand or specific side of torso make game really easy... maybe in same time a bit boring for those who play in tier1 too long... hm...
Great discover was proper use of weapon which was bring into fight. I finally can provide support fire with max efficiency as well as brawl or midrange strike. I really love tier1!
Only one thing that bother a little.
In tier2 players fight to the end. Because they want tier1 and victory. So, even when situation are bad, pilots try hard to do final damage at any cost, preserve any left weapons an continue battle no matter what. (Most hideous builds was made for only purpose - have some weapon till the end) Sometimes even turn all to victory. In tier1 many give up, knowing that after that mech and that also killed - victory cant be achieved, so no need to fight anymore. All calculated - 4:8 = unpreventable defeat and easier to shut-down mech and go another battle.
If describe that in few words - lack of war spirit... something like that.

There is no difference between tier one and two other than in two you get a few more games with low tier guys. Mostly tier two mixes in with the ones.

#435 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 23 August 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

LOL and what is your job exactly?

I mean you know that we have limited access to statistics in this game.

Scrubby Hive Underlord Freebirth Extraordinaire of course

https://mwomercs.com...64#entry6161964

#436 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:32 AM

- I miss old long FP maps... *Watching old play in FP with drops and tactics movement...*

#437 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

Siege maps are still in FP, but I somehow doubt it'd make a difference in your gameplay.

#438 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 24 August 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

Siege maps are still in FP, but I somehow doubt it'd make a difference in your gameplay.

- I haven't see Siege maps for... nearly year. And even last month they was in rotation but I or incursion or something like that (after waiting nearly 20min). It's not about difference in my gameplay, I just miss that maps because of fun playtime. I remember how fun was fight random vs premade and get victory by using strategy points of map, luring enemy from base and send light lance to capture or distract (I even agree with fixed conflict IS vs Clan, but better make possible use mixed teams - like in idea here). Just today I create lobby for few friends to play but there was not siege maps... So I found them only in testing grounds and... that was nostalgic and really sad suddenly. T_T
Nevermind... I just think about old times...

#439 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

That sounds nothing like FP, or what generally works in FP.

Do you know what outliers are?

#440 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 24 August 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

That sounds nothing like FP, or what generally works in FP.

Do you know what outliers are?

- I know, that why I call it different. But really gamemode with siege for 1-3 tier players with dropdeck are nice addition to QP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users