#61 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostGagis, on 15 August 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

No one wants a completely random matchmaker ...

Speak for yourself! Posted Image

#62 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

holy **** tonight is unplayable, so many twodigiters out there, got matches with 6 people under 100... lots of fun

#63 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:03 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 16 August 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

You're wrong.

MWO needs stats, it's part of the game.

You saying you have a problem with stats or that you find them toxic, doesn't mean everybody thinks that way. Bad month, day, amputation, whatever it is you think might be some sort of excuse is really irrelevant.

Stats crumble for many, many reasons and I have heard people with not so great stats that can still display knowledge of the game and come up with examples to back themselves up. Oh and I have tons of seasons with potato stats on my main but I still could see and agree with a great deal of what the comp players on the forums and when I played with them talked about. Funny enough when I finally actually listened to a couple seemingly minor things like adjusting my dpi to 800 from 1200 and got a proper mouse pad my playing and stats improved dramatically.

It's also not toxic to suggest to someone who is saying really dumb things or wanting to drop command and get everyone to do really dumb things and they have terrible stats to boot, that perhaps they could use some work or to listen more.

I am surprised you are not able to see, feel the toxic environment on stats. Either live in it, contribute to it, and not able to see, feel from the outside. Stats is not healthy. Those who care about stats only care about being in the top, like the number one player. Removing stats, people can just play. Some places can accept stats, but not MWO.

Video games been known to cause unhealthy stresses, just to get ontop, beat scores, stats.

Edited by GuardDogg, 17 August 2019 - 12:19 AM.

#64 lichx

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:24 AM

I have only been playing MWO about 2-3 weeks but 20 years later(MW2) and people are still the same. The house is burning and all people can think about is there trophies "stats." They combined the tiers because of low population, they lost a lot of people over MW5 greed. But instead of working on the bad situation, "its my stats are T1, I'm better and new or low skilled people should not be allowed in "my game" as it might hurt "my stats." Your stats wont matter when the game game shuts down. Instead on thinking your 1337 and attacking each other try stepping down from the mountain tops and work together. As for me, MWO is mearly nostalgia.

#65 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:01 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 17 August 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Video games been known to cause unhealthy stresses, just to get ontop, beat scores, stats.

I've seen worse, much much worse.

But that basement dweller, LOL!

Edited by Mystere, 17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM.

#66 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

View Postlichx, on 17 August 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

I have only been playing MWO about 2-3 weeks but 20 years later(MW2) and people are still the same. The house is burning and all people can think about is there trophies "stats." They combined the tiers because of low population, they lost a lot of people over MW5 greed. But instead of working on the bad situation, "its my stats are T1, I'm better and new or low skilled people should not be allowed in "my game" as it might hurt "my stats." Your stats wont matter when the game game shuts down. Instead on thinking your 1337 and attacking each other try stepping down from the mountain tops and work together. As for me, MWO is mearly nostalgia.

You're new, and that's cool, but most of us here consider it a game and not merely nostalgia.
You also don't seem to understand the point of this "stats" stuff.  Stats are pointed out because there's a small cadre of objectively poor pilots who come here and spread bad advice.  Highlighting an advice-giver's objectively poor performance is meant to discredit all the nonsense he's doling out.  
You think that highlighting stats is toxic; we think that bad players dispensing bad advice is toxic. How many noobs quit after a short career because they never got better?  How many quit because they listened to terribad advice and got slaughtered every match?  Which is worse, highlighting someone's bad play, or trying to convince others to play badly? What do you think kills a game faster?

Edited by Kubernetes, 17 August 2019 - 01:01 PM.

#67 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 17 August 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

You're new, and that's cool, but most of us here consider it a game and not merely nostalgia.

You also don't seem to understand the point of this "stats" stuff. Stats are pointed out because there's a small cadre of objectively poor pilots who come here and spread bad advice. Highlighting an advice-giver's objectively poor performance is meant to discredit all the nonsense he's doling out.

You think that highlighting stats is toxic; we think that bad players dispensing bad advice is toxic. How many noobs quit after a short career because they never got better? How many quit because they listened to terribad advice and got slaughtered every match? Which is worse, highlighting someone's bad play, or trying to convince others to play badly? What do you think kills a game faster?

you forgot one type: bad players that troll/undermine advices from better players to deflect facts from their bad gameplay.

#68 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 17 August 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

I am surprised you are not able to see, feel the toxic environment on stats. Either live in it, contribute to it, and not able to see, feel from the outside. Stats is not healthy. Those who care about stats only care about being in the top, like the number one player. Removing stats, people can just play. Some places can accept stats, but not MWO.

I am not surprised you don't understand or comprehend that what you have is an opinion. You are reading into what I am saying and failing to grasp some key things. One of them is that toxic people will find a way to be toxic with or without stats. Second stats themselves are not evil and removing them doesn't do anything but impede players from seeing hard facts.

Competitive video games certainly have some unhealthy people playing them. Video games themselves cause nothing. Certain numbers of people playing video games experience unhealthy stress and such. There is a huge distinction there.

So don't be surprised when people don't see what you see or feel the exact same way you do about it. Especially when you are blaming numbers and not the people reacting to them.

Whether you find it toxic, stats also point out when someone is full of it. Think about if there were no stats how long people could be arguing without anything to prove or disprove what they are saying? Or how many nonsense claims unsubstantiated would go unchecked and passed along to newer players as if they were facts?

Like it or not, your sensitivities don't matter. Stats are an important part of this game for many, many reasons.

#69 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

I don't need stats to definitively say certain people are bad at this game; some people you can tell by the language they use they haven't got a clue.

Either way; its a PVP game. Stats are important. The only people that are sitting here saying they aren't or don't see the value are the kind of bad that refuses to learn the game.

Edited by Prototelis, 17 August 2019 - 02:16 PM.

#70 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 17 August 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

I am not surprised you don't understand or comprehend that what you have is an opinion. You are reading into what I am saying and failing to grasp some key things. One of them is that toxic people will find a way to be toxic with or without stats. Second stats themselves are not evil and removing them doesn't do anything but impede players from seeing hard facts.

Competitive video games certainly have some unhealthy people playing them. Video games themselves cause nothing. Certain numbers of people playing video games experience unhealthy stress and such. There is a huge distinction there.

So don't be surprised when people don't see what you see or feel the exact same way you do about it. Especially when you are blaming numbers and not the people reacting to them.

Whether you find it toxic, stats also point out when someone is full of it. Think about if there were no stats how long people could be arguing without anything to prove or disprove what they are saying? Or how many nonsense claims unsubstantiated would go unchecked and passed along to newer players as if they were facts?

Like it or not, your sensitivities don't matter. Stats are an important part of this game for many, many reasons.

Oh I understand, and comprehend. I am finding that you have no psychology background (degree), or you would pick up the mental problems on stats in video gaming. I myself seen the backlash on those who are on top of the stats. It is "get good", "you have no right to...", throwing, breaking stuff to get top, "And here is a guy making a post, and his stats". It is never, "Here I will help guide you.", "I agree", or "I understand", "been there", "take it from here.". Stats in sports is more kind, helpful and you will get a teacher, . Stats in video gaming is trolling, and telling others to "f-you", and "you suck." It is embarrassing, humiliating, etc. Video gaming stats are a problem and always will be until someone makes a change, but unlikely. We see it here in this thread. Stats is not mentally healthy at all and can lead to physical (blaming others (family), or hurting themselves by breaking stuff with fists, feet etc). Since you are for the stats and say they are good, you will never get, understand the problem at all. Your mentally hard on it. Leave it at that.

Edited by GuardDogg, 17 August 2019 - 05:24 PM.

#71 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

People who work in Mental Health use stats all the time.
Thus I disagree with your point about stats being evil?
Stats are a tool. Sure a toxic person could utilise such a tool for bad.
Its much like any other tool/weapon, its the person weilding it thats bad not the tool.

Toxic Jerks are going to be toxic jerks wether at a bar or video game or playing the victim.

Wish match maker worked, so I wouldn't have to listen to some 35% victim in game and then on the forums

Wonder how many Tier 1 Mental Health Professionals are their.
In my decades of dealing with them, most are 35% grade self promoters.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 17 August 2019 - 05:40 PM.

#72 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

^^^^^^
Agree.

#73 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

Today, I bear witnessed some of the most atrocious teams and match making I've ever witnessed.

1st game; Map critic on Solaris who threatened to just suicide off the map because he didn't like to play the map. We won anyways but imagine having VOIP filled up with his nonconstructive crap half the match until we told him to just stfu. No one likes a debbie downer. Keep your thoughts to yourself.

2nd game; Another map critic. Someone told him to be quiet. Map critic said to TK him if he didn't like it. Proceeded to be TKed. TKer gets TKed shortly afterwards. Then another player chimes in about fighting in real life and to look him up on Facebook or some such nonsense. Personal information and all that jazz. This lasted from the moment we dropped until the loading screen.

3rd and final game of the day and where I just stopped; Immediately dropping in, I get blasted in the back. Others blast the guy who hit me. No TK but the offender then goes to shooting everyone in the back until he's TKed about another minute into the match. Why?!

******* why? Did the intelligence of this community take a nose dive last night?

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 17 August 2019 - 05:57 PM.

#74 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 17 August 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

Oh I understand, and comprehend. I am finding that you have no psychology background (degree), or you would pick up the mental problems on stats in video gaming. I myself seen the backlash on those who are on top of the stats. It is "get good", "you have no right to...", throwing, breaking stuff to get top, "And here is a guy making a post, and his stats". It is never, "Here I will help guide you.", "I agree", or "I understand", "been there", "take it from here.". Stats in sports is more kind, helpful and you will get a teacher, . Stats in video gaming is trolling, and telling others to "f-you", and "you suck." It is embarrassing, humiliating, etc. Video gaming stats are a problem and always will be until someone makes a change, but unlikely. We see it here in this thread. Stats is not mentally healthy at all and can lead to physical (blaming others (family), or hurting themselves by breaking stuff with fists, feet etc). Since you are for the stats and say they are good, you will never get, understand the problem at all. Your mentally hard on it. Leave it at that.

LOL.

No dude just no. Stats leading to beating ones family....good lord.

Video games are also not the cause of school shootings and such. One of the key evidence of this is it being relatively regional phenomenon.

But I guess you are saying you do have a background in psychology whilst you make these enormous leaps. Just ridiculous.

Stop making excuses and really stop trying to interpret degrees, mental health, and all of that nonsense from reading on the forums and what you see in video games. No expert in psychology would ever try and diagnose anything from this source, with this little contact and with this little information.

You are embarrassing yourself.

#75 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

His background in Psychology likely consists of that Psych 101 class everybody who has gone to university is all but compelled to take.

#76 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 17 August 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I am finding that you have no psychology background (degree), or you would pick up the mental problems on stats in video gaming.

If you had a background in psychology you might understand the mental problems on wanting to freely portray yourself as an expert on a game you play at a novice level.

#77 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:26 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 August 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

If you had a background in psychology you might understand the mental problems on wanting to freely portray yourself as an expert on a game you play at a novice level.

I am no psychologist, but took one year, that helped myself into a career. I am no expert on a game, or games. Knowing the mental issues of players. Can hear it on the mic and in the forums here. Specially those who are on top of the stats, like to insult others. I am monitoring here, and it is obvious. I am not going to win here on stats, how they effect a person. But stating a problem, that leads to facts. If video game stats are great, why doesn't those on top mentor others, other than insult (losers)?

psychological Observation: of those jumped into this thread after I gave some of my background. Amazing.

View PostFeral Clown, on 17 August 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

LOL.

No dude just no. Stats leading to beating ones family....good lord.

Video games are also not the cause of school shootings and such. One of the key evidence of this is it being relatively regional phenomenon.

But I guess you are saying you do have a background in psychology whilst you make these enormous leaps. Just ridiculous.

Stop making excuses and really stop trying to interpret degrees, mental health, and all of that nonsense from reading on the forums and what you see in video games. No expert in psychology would ever try and diagnose anything from this source, with this little contact and with this little information.

You are embarrassing yourself.

You had no observations on the issue, so you can not say a thing, when it comes to gaming and family, or self.

Edited by GuardDogg, 17 August 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#78 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:38 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 17 August 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

. If video game stats are great, why doesn't those on top mentor others, other than insult (losers)?

Uhm, the top peeps mentor people all the time. You can hop on any top player's stream and ask questions/get advice.

The reason you think there is no mentoring is because you are convinced you are right.

Edited by Prototelis, 17 August 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#79 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 17 August 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

I am no psychologist, but took one year, that helped myself into a career. I am no expert on a game, or games. Knowing the mental issues of players. Can hear it on the mic and in the forums here. Specially those who are on top of the stats, like to insult others. I am monitoring here, and it is obvious. I am not going to win here on stats, how they effect a person. But stating a problem, that leads to facts. If video game stats are great, why doesn't those on top mentor others, other than insult (losers)?

psychological Observation: of those jumped into this thread after I gave some of my background. Amazing.

You had no observations on the issue, so you can not say a thing, when it comes to gaming and family, or self.

Yeah no again.

You have false correlation based on wild and silly assumption. What can be clearly observed to any reading your bs is that you don't display even a passing acquaintance with the basic concepts of psychology.

#80 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Uhm, the top peeps mentor people all the time. You can hop on any top player's stream and ask questions/get advice.

The reason you think there is no mentoring is because you are convinced you are right.

What is to be convinced about that I am right? Their is no convincing when it is a fact. For example, Go play a few rounds in MWO, and hear/read the insults. Like you haven't been there, a few. "Team sucks". I said it once for having a bad day. Can have the best players, and one guy.."Team sucks". Something to do with trying for stats. Not accepting the lose.

View PostFeral Clown, on 17 August 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Yeah no again.

You have false correlation based on wild and silly assumption. What can be clearly observed to any reading your bs is that you don't display even a passing acquaintance with the basic concepts of psychology.

Really?, myself talking with a subject in the past, and cause of stats/points. Yeah okay...you say "No". I been there, and you haven't. And it is proof in the forums and in MWO. I have heard it and so have you. Do not lie.

Edited by GuardDogg, 17 August 2019 - 08:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users