• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 16 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Some Grade A sarcasm. It took me a second

None of my commentary was sarcasm. It's just a summary of what Russ has said regarding this product's future and the upcoming MW5 product. Russ made it clear that further financial support of his company will not result in this product or the future MW5 product being made better, improved,or what have you. If there is a legit reason (other than one based on charity) that you can give me to throw money at PGI in light of Russ's comments of late, I am all ears.

#22 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Glad you have decided to do what you want with your own money.

None of your business what I will decide to do with mine.

Hope you don't judge or petition your friends with your ideology and reasoning behind your decision though.

Heard from a dude that this kind of thing and players arguing with each other over what the 'right' thing to do is, caused a heap of problems in his unit.

#23 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

View PostBAGH33RA, on 16 August 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I don't work for PGI. I'm just a mediocre player who really enjoys this game.

I pre-ordered MWMercs 5.

Since Russ Bullock's announcement that PGI is now releasing MWMERCS 5 on Epic games there's been a lot of vitriol.

My take on this is:

1. PGI and Russ Bullock don't owe me anything but a good game. They can release it through whoever they want because PGI is THEIR company. People whine as if they own shares of PGI. They don't. PGI works hard, pays employees, and probably pays ridiculous taxes. In my opinion, they are already incredibly responsive, gracious and generous to the MWO community. I'm guessing many of the folks who gripe about PGI have never bought a mechpack or anything else with real money to support the company.

2. I want PGI to make good business decisions because I want them to MAKE MONEY. I want them to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN. If they make money, they can keep supporting this awesome revival of Mechwarrior. If they DON't MAKE MONEY, we will be back to playing mechwarrior living legends.

3. How can you help?

a. Keep your MWMERCS 5 pre-order if you already paid for it.
b. Order MWMERCS 5 if you haven't already.
c. Buy a mechpack today. I am. I'm gonna spend another $20 on a mechpack to support PGI.

Let's be grateful for a hard-working company and support them.

UPDATE: I just bought the Dervish Standard Pack for $20. A small price for a lot of fun in the mechlab and the battlefield. See you out there!

1) I highly doubt you have spent anywhere near what I have spent in this game. When I pre-ordered I did so with the knowledge it would be on Steam. From my perspective they do owe me something.

2) I want them to make good decisions and make money as well, but how they handled this and many other things was disastrous. I'm not going to give them a free pass just because I want them to do something right with MechWarrior for a change.

3) Why would I want to at this point? If I am being honest posts like your just make me want to get my pre-order refunded while before your post I was on the fence.

#24 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostBombast, on 16 August 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

This is how we got Batman vs. Superman ...

But I loved that song! <sniff> <sniff>

View PostBombast, on 16 August 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

I like the guy!*

(*) Check my sig.

Edited by Mystere, 16 August 2019 - 05:06 PM.

#25 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

Sorry but I do not support PGI, I pay for a good game.
And I did this for MWO over the years with a fair amount of Cash.
I owe them nothing.

And I gladly took my refund because today I have more fait in the moders than in PGI to make a good MW5.
Lets see if mod support works as promissed under Epic.
Then I give it a new chance and buy it with fun.
But until then I can wait and see.

And if I am wrong and MW5 is the burner, I buy it instantly.
Despite Epic launcher.

But deep in my heart I hope there are many fans like you because this manner keeps the spirit up and the servers running.
Realy.

#26 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

it's on epic- oh no!..... wait, I already dabble with fortnite so I have the epic launcher, and blizzard, and steam, and GOG, and EA, and Ubisoft.....

#27 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

All I ask is for mwo updates. Improve the game and I will buy mechpacks.

#28 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:35 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 August 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

None of my commentary was sarcasm. It's just a summary of what Russ has said regarding this product's future and the upcoming MW5 product. Russ made it clear that further financial support of his company will not result in this product or the future MW5 product being made better, improved,or what have you. If there is a legit reason (other than one based on charity) that you can give me to throw money at PGI in light of Russ's comments of late, I am all ears.

Nonono Bud, I was referring to the OP. Pretty sure it’s a sarcastic reverse play on the other similar posts of frustration (at least I hope it is) in regards to “The Final Disappointment” aka “PGI Midas Touch” aka “The Last Straw”. That’s what I call the turn of events that have been circling our community the latter part of this year.

I’m full on the same page as you with what you said, man.
Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 August 2019 - 03:36 AM.

#29 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:51 AM

Some people just don't get the concept of sarcasm...

#30 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:01 AM

Posted Image

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:23 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 17 August 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

Nonono Bud, I was referring to the OP. Pretty sure it’s a sarcastic reverse play on the other similar posts of frustration (at least I hope it is) in regards to “The Final Disappointment” aka “PGI Midas Touch” aka “The Last Straw”. That’s what I call the turn of events that have been circling our community the latter part of this year.

I’m full on the same page as you with what you said, man.
Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. I just wanted to be clear.
Just want folks to understand that while they are free to throw cash at PGI for whatever reason, Russ has made it clear that none of that spending is going to result in MWO being substantively improved or further developed.

It just boggles me why Russ says some of the things he says. It's like he really, actively, doesn't want people to support his company.

#32 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:44 AM

I would pay a sub to let MWO continue, this has been my go to game for 7 years- if they let the community start making maps. I bet there are a ton of people out there that could make some awesome maps.... given a chance. They just need to let the community give this game the support they would.... look at MWLL, pretty damn good for something put together by enthusiasts.

#33 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 16 August 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

All I ask is for mwo updates. Improve the game and I will buy mechpacks.

i think the last time i bought a mech pack proper, not dropping change on mc or buying a stand alone hero mech, was when they added new weapons to the game. we needed more updates like that one instead of the "we will fix x" and then x is worse. or worse long strings of content sparse patches.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 August 2019 - 06:24 AM.

#34 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:57 AM

View PostBAGH33RA, on 16 August 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I don't work for PGI. I'm just a mediocre player who really enjoys this game.

I pre-ordered MWMercs 5.

Since Russ Bullock's announcement that PGI is now releasing MWMERCS 5 on Epic games there's been a lot of vitriol.

My take on this is:

1. PGI and Russ Bullock don't owe me anything but a good game. They can release it through whoever they want because PGI is THEIR company. People whine as if they own shares of PGI. They don't. PGI works hard, pays employees, and probably pays ridiculous taxes. In my opinion, they are already incredibly responsive, gracious and generous to the MWO community. I'm guessing many of the folks who gripe about PGI have never bought a mechpack or anything else with real money to support the company.

2. I want PGI to make good business decisions because I want them to MAKE MONEY. I want them to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN. If they make money, they can keep supporting this awesome revival of Mechwarrior. If they DON't MAKE MONEY, we will be back to playing mechwarrior living legends.

3. How can you help?

a. Keep your MWMERCS 5 pre-order if you already paid for it.
b. Order MWMERCS 5 if you haven't already.
c. Buy a mechpack today. I am. I'm gonna spend another $20 on a mechpack to support PGI.

Let's be grateful for a hard-working company and support them.

UPDATE: I just bought the Dervish Standard Pack for $20. A small price for a lot of fun in the mechlab and the battlefield. See you out there!

Everybody has wanted that from PGI since its inception, too bad that PGi has demonstrated over and over again that they don't have that skillset

Edited by LTC Kilgore, 17 August 2019 - 07:57 AM.

#35 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:21 PM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 17 August 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Everybody has wanted that from PGI since its inception, too bad that PGi has demonstrated over and over again that they don't have that skillset

Well, MWO is still around and they are about to release another Mechwarrior title....

#36 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:49 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 17 August 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

Well, MWO is still around and they are about to release another Mechwarrior title....

so is neopets and pokemon. And I need to feed my kuga now.

#37 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:55 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 17 August 2019 - 05:44 AM, said:

I would pay a sub to let MWO continue, this has been my go to game for 7 years- if they let the community start making maps. I bet there are a ton of people out there that could make some awesome maps.... given a chance. They just need to let the community give this game the support they would.... look at MWLL, pretty damn good for something put together by enthusiasts.

thats what PGI is scared of, the community (and many that left) would have propably done a better job doin this game than themselves.
would be a bad look eh?

#38 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:15 AM

They should already be inviting players to do alpha testing of MW5 now if it was to be released in December, closed beta testing for the next two months, followed by open beta testing. At this stage I don't see anything.

I am not encouraged that they will deliver, and if they did, that it will be a quality product.

Nothing is worst than prepaying for a product that may not be delivered and is built on promises. Pay only when the product comes out and the reviews point to a good game worth your time.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:08 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 17 August 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

No worries. I just wanted to be clear.
Just want folks to understand that while they are free to throw cash at PGI for whatever reason, Russ has made it clear that none of that spending is going to result in MWO being substantively improved or further developed.

It just boggles me why Russ says some of the things he says. It's like he really, actively, doesn't want people to support his company.

russ really needs to stop micromanaging everything, especially the pr. and where is the community manager in all of this? all i see her do is call people out for staff abuse, wheres the management? hire good people and let them work. if they aint working, there are a couple magic words you can use. idk how things work in canada but when i dont do my job to the satisfaction of the people who hired me, i get fired.

my favorite members of pgi are the ones who regularly wade in the salt pits unafraid of the words of the mentally unstable subset of the community and actually tell us whats going on, why things are the way they are, and what we really should expect.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2019 - 02:13 AM.

#40 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:56 AM

Let's be frank. PGI is not my family member, not my friend or any other relationship other than game Dev and customer.

As a customer, my capacity is to support game dev financially who make good games AND keep their promise. PGI didn't keep their promise, and I responded by revoking my support (pre-order) as their behavior doesn't worth respect from their backers, nothing more, nothing less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users