#41 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:31 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 16 August 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

All I ask is for mwo updates. Improve the game and I will buy mechpacks.

You seen the last patch?
They fixed a woping 3 bugs and added that loyalty thing that should have been there 1 month ago to fix their earlier screw up.
Heck the game only got worse after each update.

#42 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:46 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 18 August 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

Not true. /s
I played ~7h faction play yesterday and only had to restart client 5 times because of game crashed or became unresponsive. 6 months ago, no problems.

#43 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,069 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:02 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 18 August 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

You seen the last patch?
They fixed a woping 3 bugs and added that loyalty thing that should have been there 1 month ago to fix their earlier screw up.

Funny story: My unit use to joke every patch night/day about what new thing pgi broke with the patch and which ones of us wouldn't be able to play the game due to the patch messing up someone's game that their hardware would take a dump. We made a drinking game out of having to run the repair tool right after patching or one of us would suddenly disconnect during a match. And that was back in 2016-17 when I played and qued nightly in cw.

#44 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostBAGH33RA, on 16 August 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

Let's be grateful for a hard-working company and support them.

PGI is not a charity, and I am not their donor, thus I am not 'supporting' them. I am their customer, thus I am offered a business transaction which is either attractive to me or not.

I never understood this 'support'-mentality. The interaction between PGI and the customers is guided by hard economic factors.
Btw., my own nostalgia and what I am willining to pay for it, is one of those factors. As my funds are limited there are naturally limits to what I buy when satisfying my nostalgia. Also, my BT nostalgia is in rough competition with other nostalgias, all of which offer me something for my money.

Again: they want my money, they (may) need my money, they face competition. So they have to give me good stuff.

View PostBombast, on 16 August 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

This is the same trap hundreds, if not thousands, of mechwarriors have been stuck in since even before MWO was a thing. A decade of throwing money at an IP because "It'll be big again someday, surely!"

Stop it. Pay for things that are good. Don't pay for things that are bad. No one knows which side of that MW5 will fall on, but for god sake, don't just throw money at it because you want to pay for life support.

That is good advice. It is easy to fall for your own nostalgia. If MW:5 is good, I'll buy it. Simple as that. I might sit out Epic and wait for Steam, but I will buy a good BT-based game for sure.

However, MWO is a simple arena shooter - to be clear, I like it a lot, play it all the time because I like it - but it is a simple game.

A single player game like MW:5 driven by campaign, story, characters etc., and clever AI to oppose you... that is a a wholly different thing. I cannot just hope they get it right, I want to know they get it right before I spend my money. That is why I wait for the finished product. I hope it is good. I just do not count on it.

-

Edited by FLG 01, 18 August 2019 - 04:14 PM.

#45 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:27 PM

I don't work for PGI. I'm just a mediocre player who really enjoys this game.

I pre-ordered MWMercs 5.

Since Russ Bullock's announcement that PGI is now releasing MWMERCS 5 on Epic games there's been a lot of vitriol.

My take on this is:

1. PGI and Russ Bullock don't owe me anything but a good game. They can release it through whoever they want because PGI is THEIR company. People whine as if they own shares of PGI. They don't. PGI works hard, pays employees, and probably pays ridiculous taxes. In my opinion, they are already incredibly responsive, gracious and generous to the MWO community. I'm guessing many of the folks who gripe about PGI have never bought a mechpack or anything else with real money to support the company.

2. I want PGI to make good business decisions because I want them to MAKE MONEY. I want them to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN. If they make money, they can keep supporting this awesome revival of Mechwarrior. If they DON't MAKE MONEY, we will be back to playing mechwarrior living legends.

3. How can you help?

a. Keep your MWMERCS 5 pre-order if you already paid for it.
b. Order MWMERCS 5 if you haven't already.
c. Buy a mechpack today. I am. I'm gonna spend another $20 on a mechpack to support PGI.

UPDATE: I just bought the Dervish Standard Pack for $20. A small price for a lot of fun in the mechlab and the battlefield. See you out there!

I agree with your base statement...It is their company and their game. However most of the people who are upset actually have spent much on this game. That is all.

#46 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:39 AM

How much support is considered support? I've bought quite a bit of MC and Mechs from sales. I buy PT. I pre-ordered MW5 and I'm keeping it. So, how much more support do I have to provide? Should I pay enough for 3 months' worth PT only to get 1 months' worth or something? Should I pay for a Hero mech and instead, pick a C-bill variant?

The concept of "Support" has turned into nonsense nowadays.

#47 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

mwo is still the most expensive game ive ever played. if thats not support idk what is. no i wont pat them on their back for their mediocrity.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 August 2019 - 09:02 AM.

#48 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:58 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 August 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

mwo is still the most expensive game ive ever played. if thats not support idk what is.

yeap. several hundreds here that i really could have used somewhere better. i stopped after resistance packs because PGI just messed too many things up. up to the resistance packs it was a damn good game worth supporting imho

#49 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:58 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 August 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

The concept of "Support" has turned into nonsense nowadays.

I miss the days when I could just say "You know, I've had twenty dollars worth of fun in this F2P game, so I'm gonna buy 20 dollars worth of stuff from the developers."

Apparently now I have to take into account the company's tax status and potential game development 12 years into the future.

#50 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:08 AM

or the days where you could play a demo, read some articles and then decide to buy a already finished game.
or be a loyal fan of a franchise and just buy the game.

command & conquer
warcraft
Age of Empires

you KNEW you got QUALITY for your money.

#51 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

Weeeel. I got reply from support from the mw5 team about refund. Aaaand stupid me paid for the Ultimate Community Edition with Pay Safe. I should have used my Visa.
Because I refuse to setup Pay Pal and use Epic game store. So hopefully ( COUGH, I know) theres a chance that once released on Steam, i will get my key which I originally paid for being on Steam in the first place.
I mean. I know its PGI, but it would be a logical solution and a fair one. Epic throwing money at them anyway so what loss to give out Steam keyes next year, to the ones alredy paid for it but decided to keep the pre order due to such... issues which I have.

#52 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:17 AM

Protip; read purchase agreements/don't preorder things without a purchase agreement. In general don't pay for products that aren't finished.

That FAQ was not a purchase agreement. Being upset about not getting the game on the platform you chose is alright, but as cartman said; "When you preorder games all you're getting is a **** in the mouth"

#53 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Well, yeah sure. My mistake on giving them a last ditch show of trust.
First time I got burnt on a pre- order sooo. First time experience, footh in the face though.
Call it a reminder.

#54 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

PGI owes me NOTHING, I'm not entitled to anything from them, but just as equally I owe NOTHING to PGI and they are not entitled to my money.

I am someone who has supported MWO and have invested ample amounts of cash into it, why? Because despite of its flaws it is a franchise that I love and a game that still to this day I enjoy. I am a Legendary Founder, I purchased the Phoenix Pack, the Clan Masakari Collection (no gold mech, but still, that **** was worth $250!), and most of the MechPacks with hero and reinforcement packs with a few exceptions of mechs I never really liked, still I bought the majority of them, that was a spending of almost $70 monthly! Most game with subscription models only charge about $14 per month.... And yet I bought them gladly, because it was a product that I liked and enjoyed so I was willing to support a company that was tending to a franchise that I like. Sure PGI has never been perfect, there are hundreds of things I wish they had done different, but it was good enough to keep me supporting them.

I am afraid at one point enough is enough. PGI has never been incredibly attentive of its player base opinion, like when most people voted they did not want third person view and they hammered it in anyway. The ghost heat mechanic?! Remember how everyone wanted that in the game?! (sarcasm). I could keep going, but I think that drives the point. Still, despite of this, I have always chosen support the game, even when they do whatever the heck they want. Yes it is their game, and it is 100% their right to do so. It is also my right to decide that I have had enough and refuse to keep giving them my money any longer.

I would have probably been ok with MechWarrior 5 being an Epic store game if they had announced this form the beginning. But I have had enough of PGI CONTINUOUS disrespect to its own community and its tone deafness. I'm done with the battered wife syndrome.

To those of you who still support PGI and its bait and switch tactics, kudos to you, I hope that you have fun and enjoy MechWarrior 5, I hope that the game is good and fun. As for me, MWO is still fun for me and I shall continue to play it without giving another cent to PGI until the plug is pulled.

#55 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

lol. Still not a bait and switch dudes.

I don't really care what platform the game is on, if its worth buying I will buy it when it comes out.

#56 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

I have no sympathy for the people who preordered, You were warned by the community and there was a track record the warning came from.

#57 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 19 August 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

I have no sympathy for the people who preordered, You were warned by the community and there was a track record the warning came from.

We don't need sympathy, we got our money back and still kept the MWO swag. Feel more sorry for people who didn't pre-order and thus got no free MWO swag.

Posted Image

#58 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 19 August 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

We don't need sympathy, we got our money back and still kept the MWO swag. Feel more sorry for people who didn't pre-order and thus got no free MWO swag.

Posted Image

We get free swag every weekend, but if you aren't upset then you need no Sympathy thus the post was not for you my friend :)

#59 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 August 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

lol. Still not a bait and switch dudes.

I don't really care what platform the game is on, if its worth buying I will buy it when it comes out.

Announcing a game on a platform and then pulling back at last minute to switch to another IS the definition of a bait and switch.

#60 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

View PostWild Kadabra, on 19 August 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

Announcing a game on a platform and then pulling back at last minute to switch to another IS the definition of a bait and switch.

No, not in this context it is not.

A bait and switch is specifically advertising a product, usually on sale or as a bargain, and then either not having that product or not having it in sufficient quantity in order to push a customer onto a more expensive product. This is why for example McDonalds ads commonly include the phrase "while supplies last."

Like I said; its a little dishonest to switch platforms at the last minute, but it isn't a bait and switch.

Edited by Prototelis, 19 August 2019 - 08:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users