Celebration Time

104 replies to this topic

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:46 PM

I am happy to announce that today I just scored my first low arc LRM kill on a (damaged) mech under the Crimson Strait tunnel...

And it only took me 5 months (19 March 2019 - 19 August 2019) : Happy 5-month anniversary LRM balance patch, I love you as much as an LRM Posted Image

Under the understanding that the low arc LRM boost allowed me to kill an "enemy" mech in the tunnel, instead of just helping me shoot yet another friendly mech in the back.

So my evaluation of the low arc usefulness has now been officially boosted from 0% to 0.01%...

can we get rid of it now ?

Edited by Humble Dexter, 18 August 2019 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 18 August 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I am happy to announce that today I just scored my first low arc LRM kill on a (damaged) mech under the Crimson Strait tunnel...

And it only took me 5 months (19 March 2019 - 19 August 2019) : Happy 5-month anniversary LRM balance patch, I love you as much as an LRM Posted Image

Under the understanding that the low arc LRM boost allowed me to kill an "enemy" mech in the tunnel, instead of just helping me shoot yet another friendly mech in the back.

So my evaluation of the low arc usefulness has now been officially boosted from 0% to 0.01%...

can we get rid of it now ?

Nope it's not going anywhere.

That it took you so long only points to how you are not an expert or an even competent lrm user.

I am sure though you will keep at it though despite this fact.

#3 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:02 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 01 August 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

R.I.P. LURMZ : Starting next Wednesday !

So much for your promises ... lol

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 18 August 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

That it took you so long only points to how you are not an expert or an even competent lrm user.

That I took LRMs to the Crimson Strait tunnel at all, if only after five months, is what points out to me not being an expert LRM user, and also to me being damn lucky (the first LRMs went high arc and landed on top of the tunnel).

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 19 August 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

So much for your promises ... lol

Now now, I clearly said I wasn't bringing a single LRM to "Clan vs IS" for at least a month...
And because I know some would still get it wrong, I even pointed out that QP, "Clan vs Clan", "IS vs IS" and even "Solaris"... were not concerned.

So sure enough, that wasn't a "Clan vs IS" match...
And sure enough, using lrms in FP again was the most fun time I had in FP in weeks : Turns out I wasn't addicted to how OP LRMs were back in 2018, but just addicted to LRMs themselves, no matter how hard PGI nerfed... I mean "balanced" them into oblivion in 2019.
Removing LRM players from FP doesn't result in more FP players, it just results in less LRM players.

#5 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 August 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

That I took LRMs to the Crimson Strait tunnel at all, if only after five months, is what points out to me not being an expert LRM user, and also to me being damn lucky (the first LRMs went high arc and landed on top of the tunnel).

Now now, I clearly said I wasn't bringing a single LRM to "Clan vs IS" for at least a month...
And because I know some would still get it wrong, I even pointed out that QP, "Clan vs Clan", "IS vs IS" and even "Solaris"... were not concerned.

So sure enough, that wasn't a "Clan vs IS" match...
And sure enough, using lrms in FP again was the most fun time I had in FP in weeks : Turns out I wasn't addicted to how OP LRMs were back in 2018, but just addicted to LRMs themselves, no matter how hard PGI nerfed... I mean "balanced" them into oblivion in 2019.
Removing LRM players from FP doesn't result in more FP players, it just results in less LRM players.

Why would you think removing LRM players would increase the population? No one is saying that it would, only your false sense of ego believes LRM users are chasing off population.

What I have repeatedly said is bringing lurms to maps not friendly to them hampers the team the player is doing that is on. Look you are also one of many pug players that do it. You just also so happen to be one of the more infamous of the six or seven regulars that continually do this, and specifically one that is vocal despite not being an effective player that understands the game.

Do whatever you want to do, you know no one can stop you. If you weren't so noisy and continually complaining, people would just farm you and move on. You're literally your own worst enemy.

Edited by Feral Clown, 19 August 2019 - 09:26 PM.

#6 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 19 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

What I have repeatedly said is bringing lurms to maps not friendly to them hampers the team the player is doing that is on ...

Trust me ... you DO want him to bring lurms even to those maps, because otherwise ...

Exhibit A:
Spoiler

Exhibit B:
Spoiler

Now if only dat stelz Flea had missile hardpoints eh ...

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 20 August 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#7 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

Yes you got me, I've been bored to death for over two weeks, and am just waiting for some possible missile unnerfing patches to start happening somewhere in 2020 at this point.

I will remember 2019 as the year PGI broke Faction Loyalty, broke Missiles and broke Mech Packs...

But today's Faction Loyalty restoration patch is proof and reason to hope, that given enough time, PGI is able to bring back what it has thoroughly broken.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:25 PM

Nice outliers.

#9 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 20 August 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

Nice outliers.

Thanks. They cover a small period of ~6 months back when I started taking some screenshots, and I'd like to think they're not representative of anyone's average match...

And for the most part, not even representative of their outliers either.

#10 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Nice outliers.
Not simply outliers but damage farmed off the backs of other players. He'll never understand that though because it contradicts all the lies he continually tells himself.

#11 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

Nice outliers.

Its not outliers tho, its just what happens when he drops with lurmz in a match with people of his own skill (i.e. clueless) ... they become way OP compared to other weapons. Similarly when he drops among players above his skill level he can't do anything at all himself and either ends up doing nothing or get carried by his team (including locks).

#12 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Thanks. They cover a small period of ~6 months back when I started taking some screenshots, and I'd like to think they're not representative of anyone's average match...

And for the most part, not even representative of their outliers either.
You'd like to tell yourself that but again you'd be wrong. There are players that do over 3k consistently. Almost any time I use lurms in appropriate situations I do over 3k. It impresses no one and unless it's closer to 4k I wouldn't even bother saving screenshot. Not only that you simply can't digest that players exist that can pull numbers with all the weapons available. Oh and because your parasitic playstyle has been nerfed you need to understand that others aren't struggling as you are. The arc changes designed to discourage you're idea of fun at the expense of others is going no where.

#13 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

On forums, enemy players I don't play with complain about me not sharing any of my armor with them.

In matches, enemy players I play with complain about me sharing way too much of their armor Posted Image

And when I'm just bored out of my skull and start sharing armor, it gets posted to demonstrate that I'm... sharing my armor... from behind my team... which is totally possible to do now with all the sniping going around... or something like that...

Go figure, as for me I'm busy crying out over my invisible mic, or getting my impossibly ranged locks, or whatever else you can come up with really...

Like mmm...

View PostFeral Clown, on 20 August 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

you're idea of fun at the expense of others is going no where.

Oh yes : The abominable crime of "having fun at the expense of others" !

Or in my case : "Managing to have fun despite the others".

Which is something no 100% LRM-free Stomping Premade group filled to the top with 90-99 percentile players will ever be found guilty of doing, right ?

World Of Tanks is a 100% Pay-To-Win game, where your shells will typically bounce off most of the enemy's armor for 0 damage, if you're not willing to pay for Premium shells that don't...

Well incredibly World Of Tanks matches are still a whole lot more balanced for BOTH groups then the MWO Faction Play matches are, because in World Of Tanks the MatchMaker mechanics PREVENT matches made of 12 premium users vs 12 non-premium users, making the outcome of most matches unpredictable, compared to the outcome of many MWO FP matches being perfectly predictable, by both sides, before the first shot is even fired.

Nobody is going to stop playing because there's Humble Dexter in the enemy team.

But I see whole groups quitting the FP queue for the day, if not more, because the enemy group is filled to the top with high percentile players... and I see that happen EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Am I ruining any of the fun for those full 12-man groups ? I should think not : I'm just one of 12 speed bumps on their way to a quick and complete one-sided stomp.

Are those groups ruining the fun for me ? More like they're ruining the fun for every single player unlucky enough to unwillingly bump into them.

What's completely ruining dozens of FP matches per week ? Not my LRMs, no yesterday, today or ever... Try comparing one week without LRMs to one week without FP groups, and you'll know exactly what keeps forcing more players out of FP, and MWO.

PS : 3 answers from the usual suspects in less then 15 min, are you guys stuck in the FP queue too ? Sorry, must be my LRMs again.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 20 August 2019 - 03:09 PM.

#14 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 21 August 2019 - 02:51 PM.
unconstructive, replies removed

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

In matches, enemy players I play with complain about me sharing way too much of their armor Posted Image

lol. U wish

#16 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 20 August 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

lol. U wish

Look, there's just nothing a MWO player won't complain about.

You had LRM-haters (including the 99% percentile ones, in fact those ones right in front), wailing, screaming, and posting whole forum threads about how "LRM balance patch" would definitely be the recipe for LURMpocalips, with all their high-tier percentile expertise thrown in as proof why it was going to happen the way they said it would...

And if today you just rollbacked that same patch, you'd have THE SAME players wailing, screaming, and posting whole new forum threads, about why rollbacking that same "LRM balance patch" would ALSO result in LRMpocalips... and of course using their high percentile as the only proof they need to explain why it was going to happen the way they said it would...

Because people like to complain, and that's specially true in MWO.

Don't agree with me ? Feel free to complain.

#17 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

You had LRM-haters (including the 99% percentile ones, in fact those ones right in front), wailing, screaming, and posting whole forum threads about how "LRM balance patch" would definitely be the recipe for LURMpocalips, with all their high-tier percentile expertise thrown in as proof why it was going to happen the way they said it would...

Uhm, if it weren't for the release of quad AMS assaults it very well could have been.

When they walked back missile health changes auto aim became the strongest its ever been in this game outside of when they were broken.

The only thing that got nerfed was leech lockin, sandbagging, parasitic damage farming.

Edited by Prototelis, 20 August 2019 - 03:27 PM.

#18 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

On forums, enemy players I don't play with complain about me not sharing any of my armor with them.

And when I'm just bored out of my skull and start sharing armor, it gets posted to demonstrate that I'm... sharing my armor... from behind my team... which is totally possible to do now with all the sniping going around... or something like that...

Go figure, as for me I'm busy crying out over my invisible mic, or getting my impossibly ranged locks, or whatever else you can come up with really...

Like mmm...

Oh yes : The abominable crime of "having fun at the expense of others" !

Or in my case : "Managing to have fun despite the others".

Which is something no 100% LRM-free Stomping Premade group filled to the top with 90-99 percentile players will ever be found guilty of doing, right ?

World Of Tanks is a 100% Pay-To-Win game, where your shells will typically bounce off most of the enemy's armor for 0 damage, if you're not willing to pay for Premium shells that don't...

Well incredibly World Of Tanks matches are still a whole lot more balanced for BOTH groups then the MWO Faction Play matches are, because in World Of Tanks the MatchMaker mechanics PREVENT matches made of 12 premium users vs 12 non-premium users, making the outcome of most matches unpredictable, compared to the outcome of many MWO FP matches being perfectly predictable, by both sides, before the first shot is even fired.

Nobody is going to stop playing because there's Humble Dexter in the enemy team.

But I see whole groups quitting the FP queue for the day, if not more, because the enemy group is filled to the top with high percentile players... and I see that happen EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Am I ruining any of the fun for those full 12-man groups ? I should think not : I'm just one of 12 speed bumps on their way to a quick and complete one-sided stomp.

Are those groups ruining the fun for me ? More like they're ruining the fun for every single player unlucky enough to unwillingly bump into them.

What's completely ruining dozens of FP matches per week ? Not my LRMs, no yesterday, today or ever... Try comparing one week without LRMs to one week without FP groups, and you'll know exactly what keeps forcing more players out of FP, and MWO.

PS : 3 answers from the usual suspects in less then 15 min, are you guys stuck in the FP queue too ? Sorry, must be my LRMs again.

I guess you are just too thick to appreciate that I meant communicate and didn't specifically list type over chat and heard you was an expression. But hold on to that little gaff as it is all you have. Also that you put it on your signature shows how much of what I have said bothers you and that I have pretty much owned you.

Again your ego is ridiculous and it is absolutely mind boggling that you have actually convinced yourself anybody outside of absolute garbage players fears your lurms. Especially after you were just seen on Yondu's stream during that Tourmaline match where you put out a grand total of 98 damage over four mechs.... Spectacular the disconnect there. Even getting stomped I can at least put out over k or fall back into farm mode accepting the loss and do way higher. And that's with any weapon including lurms.

I have also pugged and had the misfortune to get you on my team so I know exactly what it's like to be stuck with you. Make no mistake you are not feared anywhere in the overall community but hated. You play a team focused mode selfishly and justify it every which way to yourself. That's fine, nothing I can do can make you are reasonable or intelligent human being.

Also been quite a few times where BCMC/Evil group had the misfortune to end up with you as a pug, but luckily the last few times my buddy you hate so much was in the drop and you disconnected and refused to play. You know why we don't report you for this? It's because you are so ineffective it made no difference playing with a man down, because playing with you mean you're automatically a man down anyway. Let that sink in, oh and we have won every single match that you disconnected so please continue this childish behaviour and rest assured you won't be reported for doing so.

Edited by Feral Clown, 20 August 2019 - 03:50 PM.

#19 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

And if today you just rollbacked that same patch, you'd have THE SAME players wailing, screaming, and posting whole new forum threads, about why rollbacking that same "LRM balance patch" would ALSO result in LRMpocalips... and of course using their high percentile as the only proof they need to explain why it was going to happen the way they said it would...

Because people like to complain, and that's specially true in MWO.

Don't agree with me ? Feel free to complain.

You are commenting on something you don't understand.

Lurm arc is not going anywhere and it was implemented not because of people whining and complaining but rather because of factual evidence and for the purpose to discourage selfish ***holes like yourself and promote teamwork.

That you are completely unable to adjust and figure out how to use the new arc and mangage the new mechanics is clear evidence of your effectiveness as a player and understanding of the game. Keep telling yourself that you are in fact good while unable to figure out how to play them now when so many others have it down.

#20 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 19 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Why would you think removing LRM players would increase the population? No one is saying that it would, only your false sense of ego believes LRM users are chasing off population.

Look newcomers and PGI! Another LRM post. Plz nerf LRMz until all LRM forum posts stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users