#61 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 20 August 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

Looks like the right thing to do, is, refund, and re-order .... seems the mid and upper tier people overspent.......

buying another pack sounds better

#62 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:16 AM

Thinking about it, but in all honesty, just like with pre orders before, there is not enough incentive to pre order

the old pre order gave out 1 or 2 skins depending on the price, and frankly that was just not enough (I've been havibg the pre order skins from Battletech, except I never use those mechs and then usually not the skins)

Still might, waiting on that modding AMA

View PostCavemanJack, on 19 August 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Wait... if there is going to be a physical box version, as depicted in the image, is it possible to switch a preorder to that version?

I wonder how people have not seen this before

They always showed a mock up box, even when they did pre order with Steam

Granted, in the past it was a small footnote like thing and not "boom in ya face", at the bottom right of the pre order pics, but it was there

Edited by Peter2k, 20 August 2019 - 02:17 AM.

#63 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 20 August 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

Looks like the right thing to do, is, refund, and re-order .... seems the mid and upper tier people overspent.......

Shrugs

people pre ordered to get the MWO stuff as well, that was the deal, also they got skins
and the beta

If you did not care for MWO any more, like me and maybe wanted to take the "wait and see" approach to MW5 (maybe more should've done, less whining), then it was not actually a good deal no matter what

View PostRenzor the Red, on 19 August 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Hope you brought quad AMS for this one, PGI, haha.

(Looking forward to MW5! btw, when do we learn about 2019 Loyalty Mechs?)

People still buy MWO stuff?

Edited by Peter2k, 20 August 2019 - 02:20 AM.

#64 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:22 AM

Personally I will never pre-order another game again, I'm a big boy and can wait until the release.

Even then I'll probably wait to see how the game plays and whether there are any issues with it, since we haven't seen anything other than some gameplay videos and nothing about the UI, contract management, campaign management, storyline, multiplayer Co-op....... all the features that PGI have SAID are in there but I haven't seen. Or did I miss something, somewhere?

#65 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:00 AM

So with your PR nightmare going on you are still not answering the concerns of people who kept their pre-orders? Your best move is to offer a different pre-order with crap incentives? That's it? That's your plan?

Well, I'm convinced; PGI does not care about the existing customer base. The people who contributed way more than they should have, yea f*ck 'em I guess. Who cares about making a quality product when you can just take an Epic exclusive and try to capture a completely different market.

I'm going to guess that you're going to change the game to be even more arcade-like in order to draw in the fortnite kiddies, because I doubt they are going to be interested in a serious MW/BT simulator. Those of you who are going to keep your pre-orders, expect them to cater to a completely different user base. If you are fine with a MW title like that, then hey good on you; if you are not, then don't say you weren't warned.

#66 Lethe Wyvern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 489 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

So, another one pre-order campaign after initail deceitful le grand fk up?

p.s. BTW, any chance for releasing Torrent Deluxe Edition one week earlier full launch?

#67 Battle-mage

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:54 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 August 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

If you were part of the community pre-orders already, you're already getting bonus MW5 content, the amount of which varies with which MW5 pack level you bought into.

Yes actually...it will...for all those MILLIONS of Fortnite players....

That is not clear to me. the 49.99 original pre-order states that it includes a soundtrack but the 49.99 Epic pre-order dose not include the soundtrack, so what would we get if from each pre-oder level? The digital technical battlemech manual is something I would really like but was not part of the original pre-orders so would I not get that if I kept the original?

There have been many questions about what you would get with the different pre-order levels compared to the standard vs deluxe Epic pre-order and no-one has answered so before I run out of time to cancel my 2 pre-order totaling $200 I am canceling. I am also worried the the extra dev time is going to used to change the game from a true simulator to Fortnight with Mechs or at the least make it more arcade like. I would never play either, only interested in a simulator. No answers on those questions either.

On a happy note I have had a lot of fun playing MWO and the pre-order bonuses really kicked of my MWO career so if there is a good sale soon I would spend some of the refund money on MWO so I do not feel like a freeloader.

#68 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:21 AM

Fortnite kids will save MW

#69 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

Community pre-order and Epic are two different things IIRC the AMAs correctly.
Just because MW5 is now on Epic dosn't mean it becomes Fortnite overnight. It took PGI how many years to get to the point there are now? 2-3 years, changeing things up to Fortnite levels won't happen in the short time of 3 month.
Beside that why would Epic create a rival for its biggest money printing game? Much better to have that and also every niche there is in addition to that.

Also MWO was never a simulator to begin with. At best it was a middleground between a real simulation and an arcade game.

#70 Xellosz

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 August 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

What paid content do you mean?

Like my Founders mechs (titles), some clan pack I bought etc... Would I get a transfer or would I loose it all?

#71 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 20 August 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

1) Beside that why would Epic create a rival for its biggest money printing game? Much better to have that and also every niche there is in addition to that.

2) Also MWO was never a simulator to begin with. At best it was a middleground between a real simulation and an arcade game.

1) Thank you for making the point that so many others have on the forums. Why would EPIC CREATE, because in your mind Epic now has control over what PGI creates huh? Why wouldn't they, since they did give PGI a lot of money.
Consider that if you believe Epic doesn't have control over what they make, and PGI does want to cater to a completely different market/user base, then they will have to make adjustments.

2) MWO wasn't no, but we aren't talking about MWO, we are talking about MW5 and all of the things they've said about it WHILE keeping in mind the fact that we can't really trust anything they say. There have been too many lies and empty promises. It's clear that they aren't going to do what's best for the game or the franchise as compared to just making as much money as possible.

So if it gets them more money to implement the MWO rule-set into MW5, which isn't that difficult to do, and play with some variables to make it much more arcade-like than it was originally promised to be... then why wouldn't they?

#72 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

View PostXellosz, on 20 August 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

Like my Founders mechs (titles), some clan pack I bought etc... Would I get a transfer or would I loose it all?
None of that transfers. keep in mind that MW5 is not MWO2. It's a single player game - the multiplayer will be limited to a 4-player PVE mode.

Edited by Horseman, 20 August 2019 - 08:05 AM.

#73 Battle-mage

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

So you are kind of making my point. For me I would rather have the Technical Manual than some skins and since the previous pre-order did not include the tech manual I am better off canceling and re-ordering the Deluxe at a much lower price. But if the previous pre-orders would also get all of the deluxe content then I could keep my pre-order and get all of the bonuses. It should not be a difficult question to answer.

#74 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

View PostBattle-mage, on 20 August 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

It should not be a difficult question to answer.

I'll be honest, regardless of which side of the fence you are on in terms of PGIs business practices... You will not likely get a response on the forums. I highly recommend you contact their customer support.

And this is a PSA to anyone and everyone, not directed at Battle-mage, but please be polite. Those people are quick, they are nice/polite, and just trying to do their jobs. Russ and the execs are making horrible decisions, but it's not on the heads of those who merely work for PGI.

#75 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

Just found trhat pic someone made, for the people who dont know anymore what was in zhe Community preorder included

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 20 August 2019 - 09:48 AM.

#76 GM Patience

Senior Customer Service Agent

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 20 August 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

2. Tried that too. They made it themselfs very easy here to just say "You have XYZ version" without listing the contend. PGI shoud definitly do some work and list all the items like they did with the preorder codes for MWO.

We will add the list of the content included in your Community pre-order to your MW5 profile as soon as possible. Players who purchased Community pre-order (no matter which level) will have access to the early Beta and the perks included in their pre-order tier.

#77 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostGM Patience, on 20 August 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

We will add the list of the content included in your Community pre-order to your MW5 profile as soon as possible. Players who purchased Community pre-order (no matter which level) will have access to the early Beta and the perks included in their pre-order tier.

thx for the Info greets

#78 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 20 August 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

1) Thank you for making the point that so many others have on the forums. Why would EPIC CREATE, because in your mind Epic now has control over what PGI creates huh? Why wouldn't they, since they did give PGI a lot of money.
Consider that if you believe Epic doesn't have control over what they make, and PGI does want to cater to a completely different market/user base, then they will have to make adjustments.

2) MWO wasn't no, but we aren't talking about MWO, we are talking about MW5 and all of the things they've said about it WHILE keeping in mind the fact that we can't really trust anything they say. There have been too many lies and empty promises. It's clear that they aren't going to do what's best for the game or the franchise as compared to just making as much money as possible.

So if it gets them more money to implement the MWO rule-set into MW5, which isn't that difficult to do, and play with some variables to make it much more arcade-like than it was originally promised to be... then why wouldn't they?

TL:DR see bottom

1)
I am not quite sure what your point is. Epic hasn't changed any games they have bought the exclusive rights to sell to my knowledge. All they have is the exclusive right to sell the final product on the store for one year.
From devs of other games, that went Epic exclusive, I have never heard that Epic interfered with the creation of the game.
Epic is, in this cases, just a seller not an owner. When Epic would have bought PGI then there would be much more at stacke.

Should MW5 be more arcade like then PGI would have made that decission when they started development by looking what worked for MWO and what not. At least that would be the normal way but since its PGI I am not that certain. ^_^

Another point is the amount of time it takes to change things from something that is similar to MWO to something that is more like Fortnite or casual in general. Also the definition of casual can be very broad.

MWO is in some regards very casual. Most importently in that you had nothing to loose. ******* up a match didn't realy hurt you. Sure it meant slower progress but it was still progress. Its not like you could loose your mech or equipment or anything that would set you realy back.
On the other hand you had the mechlab that looked much to complex for many people. Comming from the TT I never found it that complex but not TT players....it turned a lot of people away (that I tried to play MWO).

In that regard MWO and MW5 both would do good in providing a system that is so accessible that everyone can pick it up and play right away as well as provide a much more complex underlying system that people that want to go "pro" can dig in and figure out the best approach to the fine details.

A very good example of that is World of Warships. You can start WoWs right away. All you need to know for the first matches is where to accelerate and stop, turn and that your crosshair is for aiming your guns. Very easy to pickup and understand.
Still there is a much more complex system behind it that is so very elegant hidden and has tons of details you can learn to master the game. From how gun velocity, weight of shell and angle all influance your penetration to learning where the weak spots are on the different ships and so on. A friend of mine can tell you pages of manual to every ship with all the data while I can still enjoy the game only knowing a fraktion. Sure we play in totaly different leagues but we both can have fun with it and that keept both of us playing and that is the very importend point that MWO failed in.

Simple and elegant to the outside, even to the degree that it seams like a casual game but offering so much under the "MS Hood" that even those die hard players have their fun with it.

2) Trust of PGI. A difficulte topic. For one I would like to seperate two things. Lying and not delivering.
PGI has quite a record of not delivering what they said they would do. To me its a mix of overconfidance, lack of knowledge and manpower. They had many ideas and then found out that they couldn't implement it the way they have planed and implemented it halfhearted or had to cut it alltogether. While dissapointing its not lying.

Saying that you would sell on Steam and then go Epic. That was a lie, also it was just for a few days of the time the contract was signed it should have been communicated earlier that there was something going on.

I think to many people here are to quick with saying PGI lies all the time and they are completly evil. Incompetend, yes I can see that but not evil liers.

Comming to the point "what is best for the franchise". The best thing for the franchise is to make LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY.
Because when it does that, it survives. Then companies will make new products, then investors will come around and pay the development. Then we get new stuff to play with.
Have you seen the Clan kickstarter for TT Battletech? Did they invent the wheel? No they took what is there, polished it a little bit and tested the water. That is makeing money with the least effort and see if costumers will bite.
When they saw it worked, then they started to add new stuff, also some of it was also rehashing old stuff like putting the legends of BT into one Sourcebook. Its nothing new but rewarming the old stuff you could search on Sarna.net and people still pay for it. That is a cashgrab right there and its celebrated in the community as "Look the Kickstarter is so greate and awesome. At the end of the day its makeing money. Same goes for PGI.

When createing a more accessible MW5 bring is more people then the franchise will grow. When it grows that is good, that mean from there you can start on building more stuff, including more difficulte and "hardcore" stuff, cause people are allready invested and might want more.

Naturaly it would be ideal when PGI would create a game that is like I mentiond before, casual on the outside but hard to master on the inside...so to say.

TL:DR;

1)
- Epic didn't bought PGI they bought the right so sell MWO one year exclusive.
- Epic hasn't interfered with other games where I had the chance to talk to one of the devs.
- MWO is casual
- MWO & MW5 need a system like World of Warships, simple to pickup hard to master

2)
- PGI has shown lots of overconfidance and incompetance, that is not lying
- PGIs only case of true lying is the steamkey (at least that comes to my mind, rest was point above)
- Best for the franchise is not catering to any group of players specificly but see where the money is.

Very drastic breakdown of what I said above, you might want/need to readup to some parts to get it.

#79 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

Exporting MWO mechs to MW5 will be charged per mech, class or one-time fee?

Thus spoke I.

#80 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

Still no advertising other than here and EGS.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users