#41 Battlesblood

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpanaway, WA.

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

View Posttripcat1021, on 19 August 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Sweet, already pre-ordered back in April. Cannot wait!!!

We've been waiting almost 20 years for another MW title. Good Job, PGI.

#42 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

Hope you brought quad AMS for this one, PGI, haha.

(Looking forward to MW5! btw, when do we learn about 2019 Loyalty Mechs?)

Edited by Renzor the Red, 19 August 2019 - 07:31 PM.

#43 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

People wait for official announcement about availability of free steam key to backers, and this is what they get instead.

Nice Troll PGI. For others, I will see ya in Dec 2020 on steam/gog if the game is not that bad and still alive by that time, cheers.

#44 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

Just two questions regarding those with the Community pre-order I am hoping PGI staff might be able to answer.

1.The digital extras don't correlate between the Community and Epic pre-orders, so am wondering how you will deliver the different tiers at launch. Separate keys?

2. Will cross-play be possible for players between Epic, Steam and GOG etc? Some of my friends will probably buy come Steam launch and I would like to be assured of being able to play coop together.

#45 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

once again: "EPIC" Fail. Well done PGI for everything you done in this topic!

#46 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:33 PM

This thread is going places. Not good places, but places

I respect the optimism of preorders. I'll wait until it's 1) actually released and 2) on sale thanks.

#47 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:39 PM

The FAQ on the MW5 page need urgently an update to cover the topic between community pre-order level and Epic pre-order packages.

#48 Xellosz

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:43 PM

One big question:
- Do we get the extra paid content we bought here? Does it transfer over there? I'm in no mood to buy that thing I have already bought.

#49 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

If only Epic Games store wasn't such a spy and it had the features steam had.
Epic Game store would probably be the better option! The site is so pretty! Too bad there are probably multiple workers looking through my webcam right now trying to steal the information when all they see is my handsome face Posted Image

#50 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

I think the FAQ on MW5mercs.com needs to re-add the contents of the Community Pre-order. It seems that people are insecure about what they will get.
I see no reason to believe it will be anything different from what was advertised back then. Content-wise (let's keep the Steam-thing out of this for once).
https://web.archive....//mw5mercs.com/

#51 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

For those who have forgotten what they have ordered I made some screenshots
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

PS: PGI should include that information on the MW5 accounts profile page

#52 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:59 PM

View PostXellosz, on 19 August 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

One big question:
- Do we get the extra paid content we bought here? Does it transfer over there? I'm in no mood to buy that thing I have already bought.

What paid content do you mean?

#53 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 August 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

Unless they get rid of the PDF extras on release day? And probably no more "deluxe" version with it. Still no point to the "standard" version in that case...
Don't worry, there's still plenty of time for...

View Postkillkimno, on 19 August 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Thank you Epic store and PGI,
Ok you want to buy? get out you can't buy it in korea
A truly... Epic... level customer service, innit?

View PostArmored Yokai, on 19 August 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

If only Epic Games store wasn't such a spy and it had the features steam had.
Epic Game store would probably be the better option!
No need to worry about that any time soon, they're already pushing features back on their roadmap.

#54 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:17 AM

View PostTesunie, on 19 August 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

1. I've got a degree in Graphic Design (not that it's helped me any besides increase the bills). As a designer, I understand where they were going with the old "game in box" design to represent the game itself. However, that small download box I don't believe saves it from appearing like a boxed items one can purchase from a store front. They could have done the MW Mercs 5 logo and had a similar effect without cause of confusion. There is another post who literally mentioned their desire for a boxed version of the game from this confusing imagery. My opinion, better safe than sorry with that.

2. I just logged onto the MW5 site, and it doesn't specify what my package entails for level of game preordered. At least not that I could find. I'd like clarification on this in simple text. It should be mentioned somewhere. I'm also very curious to understand what I'm actually getting from still retaining my preorder (as to be honest I've decided to keep it, but it was a tough choice to make).

3. I'd love to see more about how it's coming along as well. It's also nice to see MW/BT anything getting a little attention in a more broad sense. Still need to get the Steam game Battletech. It looks like a good game from what I've seen from someone else's game play...

1. I agree, common sense is something we shouldn't aspect from people that buy from and online only store with no physical copys ever to exist that they suddenly will press a package through your router. I get it.

Sorry for the sarcasm there but seriously are people that stupid that they expect a boxed version on Epics store? Its the freaking Epic store! When was the last time that you got a boxed version with Steam or GOG or whatever? Please use some common sense here.

2. Tried that too. They made it themselfs very easy here to just say "You have XYZ version" without listing the contend.
PGI shoud definitly do some work and list all the items like they did with the preorder codes for MWO.
Somewhere on page 3 here I have taken screenshots that list all the different preorders if you want to know.
From what I remember the Community preorders where just for the MWO people and are seperate from the Epic stores offer.

3. I haven't been much of a fan of the HBS Battletech. It has the same weird randomness of Battletech TT, except if I have a bad day at the TT I just play another round. Not much lost or in the worst case we agreed that you have rerolls. In HBS Battletech I either have to restarter a mission again and again or just loose my stuff.
Missions dependet, for me, to much on the roll of the dice. I remember one mission where the enemy got one headshot after the other and I did next to no damage at all. Restarted and now it was the other way around.
I don't know if that has been patched by now but to me it sometimes feelt strange on how things happend. For anything else it was a good game.

#55 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:29 AM

Irony! front page says "Looking for a Mechpack? The store has what you need."
Posted Image

Edited by Armored Yokai, 20 August 2019 - 12:31 AM.

#56 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:55 AM

View PostBattle-mage, on 19 August 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Sadly this served as a reminder to submit my refund requests. I may reorder to get the digital deluxe content.

If you were part of the community pre-orders already, you're already getting bonus MW5 content, the amount of which varies with which MW5 pack level you bought into.

View Postdimachaerus, on 19 August 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

Holy ****, the balls you people must have. First pre-order where you bait and switch the community falls through?

Just do another pre-order, it's bound to work!

Yes actually...it will...for all those MILLIONS of Fortnite players....

#57 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:07 AM

Russian players are happy with the price in EGS. I hope the game will be very good. Piranhas, you’re doing a simulator, not an arcade, right?

Edited by Lepestok, 20 August 2019 - 01:08 AM.

#58 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:08 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 August 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Yes actually...it will...for all those MILLIONS of Fortnite players....

If they can interest 0.05% of Fortnite players... they more than double preorders. Entirely coincidental that fortnite had a mech last patch.

I think that's part of what is upsetting MWO players. We are a tiny tiny drop in the potential market, so they don't care people here are salty.

#59 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:36 AM

Looks like the right thing to do, is, refund, and re-order .... seems the mid and upper tier people overspent.......

#60 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:55 AM

When you redeemed your MWO stuff allready and don't care for the paintjob or beta access its definitly a good plan to refund mid and high tier and preorder again. You get the game for free and some money back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users