Updated! New Mech List And Gsp Bundles!

98 replies to this topic

#61 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

After playing since the very beginning I am delighted to finally have another thing that in no way improves the MWO experience for me.

#62 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

Just another cosmetic rubbish nonsense. What about some effective developement?

#63 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

Matt, some follow-up suggestions:

1) After the pokemech update the next logical move will be a huge mech and mechbay sale.
Also, marketing trick - offer mechbays for 100 MC (-66%) as a limited time offer. Only once, and neverTM to repeat again.

2) You don't have to offer GSP bundle for MC. You only need to fix your GXP conversion.
Right now, to convert XP for 200 skill points will take you 6400 MC, approximately $30. And 9 mill C-bills. And a lot of playtime, to accumulate XP.

You can see how these features are unbalanced.
Please change GXP conversion values. To be equal by MC amounts, XP transfer should be 80 XP per 1 MC, not 25 XP. But considering C-bills and playtime involved, make it 100 XP per 1 MC.

3) C-bill bundles. It is just an embarrassing theft. 800 MC per 1.1 mill C-bills? Seriously? Who buys that, except the filthiest of whales.
Can you make this offer more appealing to general population? You will get another viable MC sink.

4) With couple of MC sinks reestablished, slowly decrease MC giveaways on events. Shift MC giveaways into the game.
Make permanent weekly challenges:
Play 10 games in Group Q, get 50 MC.
Play 10 FP games - get 75 MC.
Play 10 Comp Q games - get 100 MC. (Originally i thought about rewards per win, for comp, but it is easily exploitable).

With ability to steadily farm MCs by just playing the game, you may decrease your population dips. And increase modes population outside the QP.

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 30 August 2019 - 10:19 AM.

#64 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:14 AM

View PostCalebos, on 30 August 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Just another cosmetic rubbish nonsense. What about some effective developement?

haaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaaaahahahaaaahahhahahaaa. that one is a real good one........waiting since CB for something like that but under BT messiahs rb command will that never happen
Btw Matt no new sale´s?

#65 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

You own 714 of 817 displayed 'Mech variants

#66 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

The new list is super slick. AND I kind of miss being able to see the order in which I acquired `Mechs from the old list.

#67 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostZnozoic, on 30 August 2019 - 04:22 AM, said:

nice pgi... but lost the time line...

That's actually a good point. I liked seeing my mechs in the order I've got them, it brought back some memories.

#68 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:46 AM

View PostHorseman, on 30 August 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

That's actually a good point. I liked seeing my mechs in the order I've got them, it brought back some memories.

Im the convert list ingame are the mechs still sorted acc their purchase.

#69 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

this is so much better than, say for example, introducing the rest of the quickplay maps into invasion...

#70 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:03 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 30 August 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

haaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaaaahahahaaaahahhahahaaa. that one is a real good one........waiting since CB for something like that but under BT messiahs rb command will that never happen
Btw Matt no new sale´s?

I am ironizinhg this way all the time and still nobody of PGI shiny **** erectus pack took a bit of bravery to even just mension that they are not interested. I am just wondering who made fatal decision about the engine and kinetic solutions of this game in the beginning. It must really very big skull lacking proper content. :op

#71 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:11 PM

btw: "_homo_" "_erectus_" is the scientific name of so called upright man so yes it is direct ironic diatribe but not any rude one Posted Image

Edited by Calebos, 31 August 2019 - 11:12 PM.

#72 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:01 AM

View PostCalebos, on 31 August 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

I am ironizinhg this way all the time and still nobody of PGI shiny **** erectus pack took a bit of bravery to even just mension that they are not interested. I am just wondering who made fatal decision about the engine and kinetic solutions of this game in the beginning. It must really very big skull lacking proper content. :op

who do you think made the decisions from day1 on? You have 1 try ... i think we ALL know the answer

#73 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:33 AM

I am literally blown away that anybody thought that any resources what-so-ever should have been spent on a "feature" like this....when we have been waiting so long for any substantial updates to game content. Again PGI ftw, adding some feature nobody asked for and that nobody will ever use.

#74 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 01 September 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

I am literally blown away that anybody thought that any resources what-so-ever should have been spent on a "feature" like this....

The purpose of this feature is to tempt players into buying mechpachs. Confirmed by follow-up mechpack sale.
Mechpacks will tempt you to buy GSP bundle.

PGI is trying to milk whatever droplets are left. From this perspective, feature is absolutely logical.

#75 _WRATH_

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

LOL LOL...... 10 bucks for 200 GSP. RIP OFF!!! and then they wonder why they cant make any money on the game. This game is just to expensive.

#76 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

nice addition, the list. But dont you have a spare time to photoshop 6 steam cards already?

#77 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:44 AM

200 GSP. That's about 2 mechs and change. Or you could space it out and give your new mechs just enough of a bump to be effective. I know on my Nova Cat I spent like 24 points I had saved just to get it's mobility to acceptable levels, with it's low mounts it really needed it.

Still that's not going to make me want to play again. :I

#78 BARegulator

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

New filters, now the profile list is perfect. Thanks for the update.

#79 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostBigScwerl, on 01 September 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

I am literally blown away that anybody thought that any resources what-so-ever should have been spent on a "feature" like this....when we have been waiting so long for any substantial updates to game content. Again PGI ftw, adding some feature nobody asked for and that nobody will ever use.

We have updated the Options!
  • NEW VIEW FILTER: ALL, OWNED, or UNOWNED
  • SORT BY OPTIONS: WEIGHT CLASS & ALPHABETIC or PURCHASE DATE

Just to explain to those that disagree with the decision to "use Resources" to add this update to the website.

I want to point out that "the resource" used for this was the Web Developers time about 8 to 12 hours of (when he had some available.) Our Graphic Designer was away so we knocked this up based on website improvement ideas we had in the past.
We also knew we could accomplish it in a short time and it would be low risk, low impact.

Everyone at a game company has different skill sets and just because we have "a resource" available in the web department doesn't mean I can assign them to make a Map or Mech for the game.

#80 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Whoever it is, tell him "kudos" and job well done. I was awaiting the kind of negative comments you saw when you took the sorting away at the beginning (launching a new feature that takes away established ones is always a no-no), but right now the Mech List is a huge improvement over the previous one in my eyes.

And for all the "spend your resources more wisely" - i can imagine that this was one nugget the dev was actually happy to code instead of putting out bushfires and was proud of the result. Everyone needs that once in a while. Time well spent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users