108 replies to this topic

#41 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 03 September 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

So, a dude who played two months tries to preach something about PGI experience to dudes who played about 7 years. Circus.

So what stupid idea? Why?

#42 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

Some buzzword for you (not 100% accurate and not even half complete)
90days
soon...
founder are not the target audience
you are on an island
its the fault of IPG
brown sea
Johnny Walker Blue Label
its just a update of the website...

#43 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:49 AM

View PostKhobai, on 03 September 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

... dinosaur ...

There you go again. Posted Image

View PostDaggett, on 03 September 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

You know what's even better than Dinosaurs? Zombie-N*zis riding on Dinosaurs equipped with cannons that shoot sharks and unicorns!

O.M.F.G. <smh>

Edited by Mystere, 03 September 2019 - 11:51 AM.

#44 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

Petition to a company that says **** you to the community regularly?

You'd have better luck locating a unicorn in the mohave desert.

#45 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 September 2019 - 01:24 AM, said:

It was a long time ago, so my memory could be hazy.. but I remember it was River City, Frozen City, Caustic Valley and Forest Colony, and the mechs were Atlas, Awesome Catapult, Dragon, Raven.. I don't remember much else..

I know I mastered three Atlases, then they wiped them for a reset, and I had to stop playing for a while just as the Stalker and Cataphract got announced..

Hunchback,Cataphract,Stalker ?,Jenner, Centurion Jaegermech? and Inverse Kinetic

#46 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:09 PM

Oh common : August 2012 Atlas, Awesome, Catapult, Dragon, Hunchback, Centurion, Jenner, Commando.
Followed by Raven, Catapract, Stalker and Cicada. With the Cicada causing 4 FPS as soon as you only looked in that direction.

maps in Aucust where the great Forest Colony without that stupid ship, Frozen City and Caustic.
River City followed (and had the great rubble field and tge mountain as terrain you could move through (especialy the hill was grest fir LURMs that needed timing and lots of C-Bills at those times)

#47 Left Overs

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:50 PM

Left Overs
May/June 2019 (3-4 months ago)

#48 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:59 PM

H'm, I don't want to dictate content of the petition to you all. We can add some points, modify, or delete some of them. Maybe petition is to big word? Maybe declaration or something? Let's say this is alpha version.

#49 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:13 AM

View PostBistrorider, on 03 September 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

H'm, I don't want to dictate content of the petition to you all. We can add some points, modify, or delete some of them. Maybe petition is to big word? Maybe declaration or something? Let's say this is alpha version.

LOL....

Lets get this straight, guy with terrible English who is 7 years late to the party, starts pepega level thread petition on brown sea, doesn't begin to comprehend what everyone is telling him, but wants people to buck up and follow petition guidelines and will be a condescending ****head about it.

Don't worry you are fitting right in with 95% of the populous.

Don't forget to demand people hold locks in game whenever you can and put racs on absolutely everything you can and whenever possible go straight for the objective. Do these things and you will look like you have been around since the beginning and experience the whole MWO experience you missed out on.

#50 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:45 AM

Well thank you for honest opinion. I proposed something but I don't want to impose my ideas to anybody, so everyone has something to say. You make me feel I'm not welcomed here whatever I do or say.

#51 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:59 AM

Don't let the old guard discourage you. We are bitter old man that had dreams and somehow have forgotten that there was fun with the game.

Yes PGI didn't deliver in the past and maybe you will make the same experiance, maybe not. Have fun with the game, try to make the devs listen if you like. We tried that a lot in the past and didn't succed. I doubt it will be different this time but I welcome you to try your best and if it works, congrats. Else there is nothing to be lost by trying.

#52 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:11 AM

[color=#CCCCCC]Member Since 23 Apr 2014, Mind this is just this account, I beta tested on a different account so probably as early as 2012-2013. That said. I doubt a petition would do much to save MWO or assure players of anything. Far too often has PGI promised us something only to fail to deliver. Is MWO dead, No, but it is Dying a slow death due to PGI's mismanagement of the franchise. I can only hope that MW5 will turn out well, but their "EPIC" decision only adds to that list of failed promises.[/color]

#53 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

eishiba started june 2017

#54 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

Response from Russ and PGI ito your questions different font;

Greetings Mechwarriors!

This is a petition I wrote to Piranha Games. If you want to sign it, write your nickname and date when you've started playing in reply below. I will send that petition to Piranha Games management. With link to the topic with your signatures.

PETITION TO PIRANHA GAMES

We, The Mechwarrior Community, which is still active and interested in MWO game development and well-being, appeal to Piranha Games management in points mentioned below:

1. We are concern about current situation of our Community and we want to be assured that the servers will not be closed from day to day. The best would be if we can be assured that Piranha Games is not planning to close the servers at least for few years. The reason we are asking for this is some negative feedback about MWO and it's future which is a big concern for us.

Why, sure we can do that. We personally promise to give you more than a days notice. Not much more. So hows a week sound?

2. We want to be assured that Piranha Games is not planinng to abandon MWO and it's Community.

I can understand your concerns and we here at PGI want you to know that we are NOT planning to abandon MWO and the Community. We did that years ago when we told the founders that they "were not the target audience" (but thanks for your money suckers), and we long ago got tired of abusing the Community (Damn...that reminds me, I miss Niko!) and started to consciously ignore you. Have you not been here very long?

3. We want more presence from company employees at game forums. This including opinions about changes proposed by players (and explanations about why some changes may be implemented, some not, some shouldn't).

We tried that with the best Community Manager ever, Niko Snow. While we loved his technique we eventually settled on the idea of a CM that holds the title and does nothing. She's so good most of you can't remember her name. Over the years you people have come up with some of our favorite ideas/suggestions we have ever had the pleasure of ignoring.

4. We want further development in some of MWO elements. We understand that balancing on-line competitive game is very hard task. That is why we are asking for changes in aspects which will not disrupt that balance. Like new maps, improvements in Faction Play (which has great potential), new game modes.

Rest assured that while we take all the money we bilk out of you and put it into the new game, we have a devoted and dedicated team of people who are squeezing every last drop out of MWO. AT this very moment we have a couple of guys whos sole job is to develop stuff when they not working on MW5 full time.

5. We want dialogue at game forums with company employees about implementing or not implementing changes and everything else. We understand that maybe the best would be to leave the MWO as it is and implement only minor changes, but there should be a space to talk about it.

We tried dialog, remember our Town Halls? Honestly, they were great. We had our trained monkeys at No Guts No Galaxy pitching us softball questions. Unfortunately, Russ' liver was taking to big a hit and he was mangling the english language more than a certain president, so now we stick to no dialog. WE do really like you suggestion of doing nothing though and we are doing our very best to not accomplish anything!

Edited by TLBFestus, 05 September 2019 - 08:59 PM.

#55 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:43 AM

Has anyone posted the link to this topic on Russ's twitter?

Somebody should.

#56 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:19 AM

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 02 September 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

It's as simple as this...things are clearly bad, population is dropping. If PGI can at least give some kind of guaranteed date through which the servers will be up, I (and others) might spend a few bucks on MC or a mechpak. Short of that, wallet stays closed.

At this point why would you ever believe anything PGI says ???

#57 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:39 AM

TLBFestus maybe I should put your comments to petition if you don't mind? Maybe scoff and joke will help?

#58 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:00 AM

With respect,you may have missed the memo. MWO has no income.
There's no way for them to do anything about your petition.

#59 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:19 AM

I'm missing the "...or else" part.

#60 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:33 AM

Game is so dead even the mods stopped doing their routine mass censorship thread removals like this topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users