Operation Langskip Event

64 replies to this topic

#21 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for FP event, even with very low rewards.

#22 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the Faction Play Event. <S>

#23 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the event.

And you should look into your algorithm.

Example: Conquest and Domination as possible Modes.
5 times conquest in a row,

#24 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:44 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 September 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oh well I was hoping for a war horn prize instead of more useless standing/hanging cockpit items.

I take it you only use +5% cbill/xp standing/hanging cockpit items too?

#25 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:20 PM

please forgive my antagonism but the faction play event is 16hours of not siege?
slow clap.

#26 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:07 AM

View PostCycKath, on 19 September 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

50 GSP (which I won't use) and 300 MC (which I could use) for pug dropping in FP? yeah nah

This. I vaguely recall saying somewhere recently that no realistic in game awards for FP events could entice me to waste my entire available playtime queuing for hours to get my arse handed to me and fail to meet reward criteria anyhow. For... about $6 worth of rewards.

Great for unemployed people that love faction play I suppose... but I'll stick to QP events. Took 1 Osiris match to 50% most of the requirements.

#27 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:56 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 September 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

Just to be clear, if I commit to becoming a Loyalist for Kurita (let's say), can I fight for Clan Diamond Shark against Steiners on the same account?

Next patch will change this, so if you go Kurita loyalist, in IS v Clan conflict you will have to fight for IS, even if they are filthy Steiners.
If you want to hop tech bases, go mercs or lone wolf.

#28 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:41 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 September 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

EVENT PAGE HERE >>>

Look for this event to coordinate with a Faction Play Conflict

Take that Hit&Run thingy and burry it somewhere deeeeeeeeeeeeeep..or make it porper count

Edited by Mighty Spike, 21 September 2019 - 03:41 AM.

#29 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:23 AM

View Post8CHR, on 20 September 2019 - 03:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

He heard about the FP event after taking the photo.

#30 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:35 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 21 September 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

Next patch will change this, so if you go Kurita loyalist, in IS v Clan conflict you will have to fight for IS, even if they are filthy Steiners.
If you want to hop tech bases, go mercs or lone wolf.

Yeah, I played 9 FW matches today (first time ever playing FW) and it was cool. But I think I messed up somewhere 'cause I picked Mercenary and then chose Clan Wolf. At the end of the match, I wasn't getting any Merc rewards.

#31 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:55 AM

is merc rp broke again?

i was at 89% last time i played and after completing all the fp stuff im still at 89%, i usually manage about a percent per day, and this was a longer than usual day.

and confirmed.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 September 2019 - 05:19 AM.

#32 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:03 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 20 September 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thanks for FP event, even with very low rewards.

and very short duration.
and lack of epic exclusivity.
oh and thanks for breaking rp again. im sure it will be fixed when the mode is dead and break again before another fp event.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 September 2019 - 05:04 AM.

#33 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:59 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 September 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

Yeah, I played 9 FW matches today (first time ever playing FW) and it was cool. But I think I messed up somewhere 'cause I picked Mercenary and then chose Clan Wolf. At the end of the match, I wasn't getting any Merc rewards.

Right now loyalists can hop tech too. After the next Tuesday - supposedly not. And there's always a chance the system will not work as intended. But if you want play both, merc it is.
And congratulations for joining FP :) A terrible shame it is now but a mere shadow of its beta days, but let's make the best with what we have Posted Image

#34 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:23 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 21 September 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Right now loyalists can hop tech too. After the next Tuesday - supposedly not. And there's always a chance the system will not work as intended. But if you want play both, merc it is.
And congratulations for joining FP Posted Image A terrible shame it is now but a mere shadow of its beta days, but let's make the best with what we have Posted Image

I played as a Merc, got no progress done. I did something wrong I suppose but it was still a good day.

It seemed just like QP honestly but instead of NASCAR, there was team work. Granted, I got into a good team with Ash and the others. It seemed like we were playing on only QP maps and modes instead of FW maps and things like Siege.

One more thing, during the countdown in the lobby where we can customize the drop deck, if I run the timer down to the last 10 seconds or so, whatever changes I make won't be saved. That's something that needs looking into. It is such a serious issue. I mean, I'd get into Grim Plexus Domination or something with my ERLL mechs. That was really annoying.

And also, thank you for the welcome. Hopefully, October will run a full month of FW Loot Bag event. That ought to be good.

View PostLordNothing, on 21 September 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

is merc rp broke again?

i was at 89% last time i played and after completing all the fp stuff im still at 89%, i usually manage about a percent per day, and this was a longer than usual day.

and confirmed.

I didn't progress a single % after 9 matches. As directed, I went into Faction Roles, picked Merc, started a Unit with only me in it, picked Clan Wolf to represent as a Merc and ..... nothing. No merc rewards.

#35 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

yea i was really hoping to use the event to make some progress to those sweet rank 10 merc rewards. between this and last time it broke id have made it to at least 95% by now. other than collecting heros it was the only thing i was working towards in this game. but this event was too short for one and the other thing is broke. gg pgi.

i don't even think i want to finish the non-fp part of the event all that premium time will go to waste and those cockpit items i dont really care about. chances are the game is going to die or fp shut down before another fp event is planned. it was great while it lasted but ended up leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 September 2019 - 08:35 AM.

#36 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 September 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

it was still a good day.

Just wait until it gets to Siege :D
The true FP. I remember myself being blown away, when it went live. You know that feeling, of great prospects ahead? Gone now, like a wind.
But the ruins are still fun to haunt.
PS Sorry for the salt, but if you drop with ASH, you might as well get used t it.

#37 KelseyJr

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

I now see why no one plays FW.... 12 man streaming groups farming the solo players all day....

#38 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostKelseyJr, on 21 September 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

I now see why no one plays FW.... 12 man streaming groups farming the solo players all day....

dropping with randoms all day, fighting randoms.

#39 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:33 PM

This first FP event of the year could have been such a good opportunity to introduce the unpopular FP mode in a positive light to many new players like you...

If only PGI had bothered to switch off the FP group mechanics for the duration of the event, as they had been asked or rather warned to do.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 21 September 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#40 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

I guess you´ve met ASH and his guys as well? Posted Image

But anyways...

More FP events please, this one actually brought some life back to FP. And fix the Merc LP (or whatever they´re called) ASAP, as well as a couple other bugs, like the heat bug, the sometimes u cannot choose the world servers bug and the events window bug.

thx and have a g´night

Edited by Uncleclint, 21 September 2019 - 02:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users