Operation Langskip Event

64 replies to this topic

#41 KelseyJr

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:15 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 21 September 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

dropping with randoms all day, fighting randoms.

I faced Justcallmeash (?) and his 12 man while he streamed farming pugs... then [color=#2E3338]RL33 (who were semi beatable) then 31HHR once we hit siege and more US TZ. What TZ were you in?[/color]

View PostUncleclint, on 21 September 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

I guess you´ve met ASH and his guys as well? Posted Image

But anyways...

More FP events please, this one actually brought some life back to FP. And fix the Merc LP (or whatever they´re called) ASAP, as well as a couple other bugs, like the heat bug, the sometimes u cannot choose the world servers bug and the events window bug.

thx and have a g´night

Yes - high point was 12 solo's getting 35 kills on them but in all honesty they easily won. ;)

#42 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:48 AM

View PostKelseyJr, on 22 September 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

I faced Justcallmeash (?) and his 12 man while he streamed farming pugs... then [color=#2E3338]RL33 (who were semi beatable) then 31HHR once we hit siege and more US TZ. What TZ were you in?[/color]

EU, somewhere from late day to early night. Guess it's my luck then. But i faced a lot of premades through my years, i know the feeling all too well.

This is why we need more events, to bring more people in. Even with two matches at a time, matchmaker works much better. With four of five matches, i think it will be enough to comfortably play solo - groups go against groups and/or high ELO solos.

#43 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:35 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 21 September 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

If only PGI had bothered to switch off the FP group mechanics for the duration of the event, as they had been asked or rather warned to do.

Wait.. what? You want PGI to turn off the group mechanics for the event? Sorry but that is incredibly dumb. Why should people who know each other and are willing let strangers into the group suddenly be disallowed to do that simply 'cause some people can't mingle with each other?

#44 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:01 PM

What did you expect? It's Dex!

#45 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:32 PM

This event is the 1st time I've been back to FP in maybe a year. Frankly, it has highlighted to me why I left. My FP experience (as note a unit member) at this point is way, way worse than QP. I get locked in to a 4 drop game... There's a 50/50 chance I'm rolling against at least a 6-man, which means a high likelihood of being stomped... I can't even pretend to guide to a map or game type I like... And the match types selected are exactly the same as QP. Why would I ever return to FP? There's nothing that makes FP special, only features that make is worse.

PGI, you guys got 60 posts for the schooled event and 36 for the last weekend warrior event through their corresponding sunday night's vs about 45 for the 1st FP event in at least 6 months (I think?), and several of those are comments on groups stomping pugs. So there's not a ton of latent enthusiasm for the play mode as it stands, at least by forum standards - although your internal metrics will tell the tale.

Overall, your events are normally quite nice. I appreciate free stuff as much as the next guy. However, I would petition to remove all the event goals that depend on other players. Even things like wins, especially when I have to play pug vs 8-man 3/4 of the time, are very hard to come by and w/ FP I can't roll matches as in QP - I'm locked in for 30-40 min due to match making times.

Again, thanks for the events. I'd prefer not to do FP emphasis, but it's your call. I would like to petition for your goals not to be dependent on other players though, regardless of the event in game venue. I get this is intended as a team game, but I'm not sure that thesis holds anymore with current year player populations.

Happy Hunting,
Caldek

P.S. When was scouting removed from FP? I looked through some old update change lists and I didn't see anything listed. Can someone reply or PM me? I'm curious on the deal there. Thanks!

#46 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:59 PM

Forums standards? That's a pretty low ******* bar right there.

#47 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:21 PM

I am finally through the Faction Play challenges o_o Was not so bad as expected but really 7 times in a row Siege - Attack isn't funny at all. And the 8000 Match score really demands to play QP in addition. Realistic would have been 4000 to play all FP.

#48 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:19 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 22 September 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I am finally through the Faction Play challenges o_o Was not so bad as expected but really 7 times in a row Siege - Attack isn't funny at all. And the 8000 Match score really demands to play QP in addition. Realistic would have been 4000 to play all FP.

Or just double the MS you get from every FP match

#49 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:44 AM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 23 September 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Or halve the Match Score you get from every QP match :)

I agree that the 8000 "QP or FP" match score detracted from FP and would have been better off excluded (or FP exclusive), since it was by far the longest mission and it's ~twice faster to gather QP match score.

Also I shot down over 1400 missiles in a single QP match, so the "Destroy 1000 Missiles" mission was as short lived as the previous "Destroy 250 Missiles".

#50 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Great Event! Made me realize how bad my Clan Deck was... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

But I still had fun and will continue to do so in the time that's left! Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 23 September 2019 - 02:08 PM.

#51 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

View PostCaldek, on 22 September 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

This event is the 1st time I've been back to FP in maybe a year. Frankly, it has highlighted to me why I left. My FP experience (as note a unit member) at this point is way, way worse than QP. I get locked in to a 4 drop game... There's a 50/50 chance I'm rolling against at least a 6-man, which means a high likelihood of being stomped... I can't even pretend to guide to a map or game type I like... And the match types selected are exactly the same as QP. Why would I ever return to FP? There's nothing that makes FP special, only features that make is worse.

PGI, you guys got 60 posts for the schooled event and 36 for the last weekend warrior event through their corresponding sunday night's vs about 45 for the 1st FP event in at least 6 months (I think?), and several of those are comments on groups stomping pugs. So there's not a ton of latent enthusiasm for the play mode as it stands, at least by forum standards - although your internal metrics will tell the tale.

Overall, your events are normally quite nice. I appreciate free stuff as much as the next guy. However, I would petition to remove all the event goals that depend on other players. Even things like wins, especially when I have to play pug vs 8-man 3/4 of the time, are very hard to come by and w/ FP I can't roll matches as in QP - I'm locked in for 30-40 min due to match making times.

Again, thanks for the events. I'd prefer not to do FP emphasis, but it's your call. I would like to petition for your goals not to be dependent on other players though, regardless of the event in game venue. I get this is intended as a team game, but I'm not sure that thesis holds anymore with current year player populations.

Happy Hunting,
Caldek

P.S. When was scouting removed from FP? I looked through some old update change lists and I didn't see anything listed. Can someone reply or PM me? I'm curious on the deal there. Thanks!

In 2019 I played every event and completed almost every challenge, save 1 event I didn't know was happening. Operation Langskip is the first event I intentionally skipped. I saw the Complete 10 Matches in FP challenge and went NOPE for the entire event even though I could get several from QP. FP challenges literally put me off from the entire event.

And Scouting got removed so hooray since that's my go-to mode for FP. I've played Invasion and the steamrolling in FP is alot worse and more painful than QP steamrolls. It's one thing to be rolled 12-0, it's another to be rolled 12-0 then spawn-camped for the next 3 drops. I've been on both the receiving and camping side, feels icky either way.

#52 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:37 PM

It's nice to finally see a FP event during this, "The Year of Faction Play".

I actually saw a couple of PUG v PUG matches. Can't remember last time I saw that.

EDIT: Oh wait yes I can, it was during the last FP event, many moons ago :)

#53 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

View PostKelseyJr, on 21 September 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

I now see why no one plays FW.... 12 man streaming groups farming the solo players all day....

Huh? During the US phase there would have been 400 people+ playing the mode. No that's "no one", right? When the average is around 800-900 online, 400+ is over half the active playerbase... But you know, "no one"

I'd say around 80% of the matches I played while streaming (some 8hrs) was mixed groups of all sizes. At one point we were a 4man, other points 12man and everything in between.

We came against 12mans, mixed 6man groups - the works. We had plenty of decent games overall. It is extremely unrealistic to expect every match to be amazing/close/balanced with the current state of - everything.

We won matches, lost matches. Just how it goes.

And FWIW - I couldn't care less how good/bad your skill is. We had guys in the group doing 600dmg in matches at various points. In fact it was the most rag-tag group I think I've had in a while.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 23 September 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#54 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:52 PM

View PostKelseyJr, on 22 September 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

I faced Justcallmeash (?) and his 12 man while he streamed farming pugs... then RL33 (who were semi beatable) then 31HHR once we hit siege and more US TZ. What TZ were you in?.

It is written in the manner rulebook of MWO to farm RL33 without mercy, you could consult it.

While you're there - ensure you read the clear warning screen you agreed to. Don't like groups... Well...

Posted Image

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 September 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

I didn't progress a single % after 9 matches. As directed, I went into Faction Roles, picked Merc, started a Unit with only me in it, picked Clan Wolf to represent as a Merc and ..... nothing. No merc rewards.

We told ya to go loyalist at that time lol.

It's all good, it's not exactly simply/easy to get ones head around the whole process with the dual-selection now.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 23 September 2019 - 10:54 PM.

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:13 PM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 23 September 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Yeah the big issue is the scaling, or rather the fact it is divided by how many chassis you use etc.

So for 25mins of FP, you end up with the same amount of MS as a 5min QP match because it's divided by 4, or something to that effect.

Bit of a PIA IMO, and also sucks for levelling mechs now to an extent.

#56 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:04 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Mech-cellent!

#57 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:21 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 September 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

We told ya to go loyalist at that time lol.

It's all good, it's not exactly simply/easy to get ones head around the whole process with the dual-selection now.

No, but I wanted to be a Merc from the start Posted Image I even called my 1-man Unit "Reaper Crew" Posted Image

Hopefully future patch will address the Merc reward points and get me up to speed.

#58 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:58 AM

View PostAppogee, on 23 September 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

It's nice to finally see a FP event during this, "The Year of Faction Play".

I actually saw a couple of PUG v PUG matches. Can't remember last time I saw that.

EDIT: Oh wait yes I can, it was during the last FP event, many moons ago Posted Image

The most recent FP-based challenge event, forget which one, not this one, indeed most of the Invasion drops were pug vs pug when I did the event. 48-mech Pug vs Pug is extremely fun TBH. If only...

#59 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:38 AM

View Postarcana75, on 23 September 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

In 2019 I played every event and completed almost every challenge, save 1 event I didn't know was happening. Operation Langskip is the first event I intentionally skipped.

And I never bother to complete any QP-only events. Tried QP a few times last month and went back to occasional FP drops. I'd rather not to play than suffer from the sheer stupidity of QP matches.

This FP event was really great, but it was sad to see only a few premades and I did not see 12 man from the same unit even once. So much players lost :(

Why would I ever return to FP? There's nothing that makes FP special, only features that make is worse.

You may want to return for some unique experience that you almost never have in QP - NO NASCAR.
It was funny to watch how QP pugs are trying to do the usual rotating just to get smashed cause FP simply does not work this way.

It's not that different to QP - you just have to spend more time per match and you personal contribution/impact is higher than in QP. Someone can say it's even easier to farm event goals cause you can CHOOSE players you play with.

#60 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:13 AM

during this weekend of "year of" faction play ive had more close games than ever before.
seriously close games, on all maps under all conditions with all sorts of players whome ive never before met or had the pleasure of being shot by, and its been a blast.
so, so many super close games one after the next, and a couple draws as well.
people doing 4000dmg standing shoulder to shoulder with people in trial mechs doing 400dmg and almost everyone is laughing and giving it another go.

THANKYOU PGI for the event, im hoping youll see that it is good.
keep this up and im guessing people be buying mech packs again so long as you promise not to waste the coin testing LuRMs ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users