273 replies to this topic

#21 Mechdocdie

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

Just questioning the GSP purchase maths: 1250MC ($6.95) for 100GSP when $10 will buy you 200GSP?

I know MC gets cheaper per dollar but you have to buy the $99.95 lot of 25000MC for $5 to buy you 1250MC to then buy 100GSP. Surely a fairer approximation/comparison, in terms of the size of investment, is the MC pack where $14.95 buys 3000MC, or about $5 per 1000MC. Using that conversion rate would have 1000MC buying 100GSP in game? I would see that as fairer MC price for GSP.

I know you can earn MC in game, but you can earn GSP too. Am I missing something to explain this patch's poor conversion rate?

#22 DeVolt_RKS

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Looks like a worthy patch, with good additions, thanks a lot.

Edited by RKS Phoenix, 21 September 2019 - 09:18 AM.

#23 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:26 PM

So whats the point of Loyalty Points ?

#24 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:33 PM

I may actually be able to play in Faction a wee more often than I have already ^_^

#25 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 21 September 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

So whats the point of Loyalty Points ?

Well... a long time ago in a galaxy nearby the loyalty points would help players get in game rewards.
But then a very small and vocal "group" of whiners kept complaining and one had brown nosed to Russ on twitter enough that it was then decided to Fwith everything and kill off incentive to leave current faction just to join another faction and that was something which was necessary only on occasion for some players when leader went afk for weeks/months at a time and it also killed all interest for real Mercenaries to join any faction much less to participate in FP ever again.
Thank goodness this website is MechWarrior Online and doesn't mention Mercs at all............

Oh well all that is ancient news, enjoy.

Edited by Akillius, 21 September 2019 - 06:09 PM.

#26 A21B

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:00 PM

damage taken is nice but what will we see? a light mech that took enormous amounts of damage? will it detect if someone is dropping packets? would the damage done equal the damage taken? and what about self damage?...over heating....and team damage?

i would like to see a simple QOL addition in the mech lab can we have the stock mech quirks in a different section from the skill tree quirks? iys getting anoying always jumping into the store to see them

#27 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:04 AM

Conquest ticket count increase?

#28 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:18 AM

View PostMechdocdie, on 21 September 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

Just questioning the GSP purchase maths: 1250MC ($6.95) for 100GSP when $10 will buy you 200GSP? ...

Your analysis looks right to me, but I don't see anything odd with PGI's pricing for GSPs. PGI has just set the direct purchase price for GSPs to be no lower than the cheapest one could normally get GSPs through the MC route, otherwise anyone who's looking to buy GSPs will always just buy MC (or win it in events) and get GSPs that way.
If you're missing anything, it would be that MC (purchased with real money) goes on sale every now and then. Let's say that PGI puts on a sale with 25% bonus MC for all MC packages. USD99.95 would then get you 31,250 MC rather than 25,000 MC. If you bought the USD99.95 MC package during such a sale, then 1,250 MC (for 100 GSPs) would cost you USD4.00 (if we round up); in that case, 200 GSPs would cost you USD8.00 through the MC route, rather than USD10.00 through direct purchase.
The cheapest way to buy GSPs will be using MC accumulated from events (i.e., zero cost in real money, but obviously this will take the most time). The next cheapest would be buying MC during an MC sale, and then buying GSPs with those MC. The next cheapest would be buying GSPs through direct purchase (without using MC). The most expensive would be buying MC when not on sale, and then buying GSPs using those MC.
I think my analysis is correct, but I'm sure someone will chip in if I'm mistaken on anything. Posted Image

Edited by Deeber, 22 September 2019 - 06:22 AM.

#29 Myj

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostDeeber, on 22 September 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

Your analysis looks right to me, but I don't see anything odd with PGI's pricing for GSPs. PGI has just set the direct purchase price for GSPs to be no lower than the cheapest one could normally get GSPs through the MC route, otherwise anyone who's looking to buy GSPs will always just buy MC (or win it in events) and get GSPs that way.
If you're missing anything, it would be that MC (purchased with real money) goes on sale every now and then. Let's say that PGI puts on a sale with 25% bonus MC for all MC packages. USD99.95 would then get you 31,250 MC rather than 25,000 MC. If you bought the USD99.95 MC package during such a sale, then 1,250 MC (for 100 GSPs) would cost you USD4.00 (if we round up); in that case, 200 GSPs would cost you USD8.00 through the MC route, rather than USD10.00 through direct purchase.
The cheapest way to buy GSPs will be using MC accumulated from events (i.e., zero cost in real money, but obviously this will take the most time). The next cheapest would be buying MC during an MC sale, and then buying GSPs with those MC. The next cheapest would be buying GSPs through direct purchase (without using MC). The most expensive would be buying MC when not on sale, and then buying GSPs using those MC.
I think my analysis is correct, but I'm sure someone will chip in if I'm mistaken on anything. Posted Image

Exactly what I was thinking, could not have put it better myself. When I read his post I also thought "Nah, the price sounds about right to me." Thanks for explaining the reasoning behind my feeling hahaha

Edited by Myj, 22 September 2019 - 07:40 AM.

#30 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

I won't object to the damage taken score. Like someone else said KMDD is probably more relevant but hey.

Just a shame the matchmaker is being blindly ignored. Fix that properly and your game will suddenly pop back to life!
Paul please stop burying your head in the sand about this you know it's an issue, you even have a thread on it but the tumbleweeds from PGI's side is all we get.

Oh well i can but try yet again to see if there's any hope.

#31 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

What's all the excitement over damage taken being included about?

#32 Mechdocdie

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:16 PM

That hierarchy of GSP purchases makes very good sense, Deeber. Shows why I am not in sales as I would clearly undermine my own product if I was setting the price.

Thanks for the analysis! Posted Image

#33 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

At least a patch which no none objects ;)

#34 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:51 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 22 September 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

At least a patch which no none objects Posted Image

As long as you count having nothing actual happening so nothing to complain about as 'no one objects' then yeah we're cool.

Damage taken will be interesting though. Generally high damage taken implies poor shooting by the other team.

Edited by crazytimes, 23 September 2019 - 12:52 AM.

#35 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:22 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 23 September 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

As long as you count having nothing actual happening so nothing to complain about as 'no one objects' then yeah we're cool.

Damage taken will be interesting though. Generally high damage taken implies poor shooting by the other team.

Or really good torso twisting and damage spreading. Snuggles Time has a video where he's in a Bushwacker with an XL engine, and he winds up with ZERO armor and yellow structure EVERYWHERE. He's at something like 17% health with an XL engine and still moving and shooting.

People have been wanting a "damage taken" column for years because they want to reward the Atlas or Annihilator that stands in front of the team and soaks up all the enemy fire while their team pummels their opponents. They don't usually wind up dealing much damage of their own, but they're invaluable to the fight.

#36 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:26 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 23 September 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

Or o lot LRM or SSRM builds in the other team o big use of tactical strikes. One could also include the amount of damage suffered by team - lol.

#37 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:20 AM

Well done, you just lost Kanajashi by this patch.

#38 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

Sad news. Maintenance mode drains the playerbase fast.
Perhaps too fast for the game to survive till MW5 release and any prospects of further development.

Damn, this is it, isn't it? Posted Image

#39 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

BUG:

Seems that the Faction and Role tab is not enough to get you setup with LP.
Even with it listing you as that in the unit tab. (btw unit contracts should be an opt-in).

Going to Faction details and pledge loyality there does give lp apparently.
Still testing.

#40 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Soo...

Any chance to fix good old Grim Plexus this year ?!
- https://mwomercs.com...istance-change/
- https://mwomercs.com...texture-glitch/

Please ?! PRETTY PLEASE ?!?! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users