273 replies to this topic

#261 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:34 AM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 26 September 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

I noticed that I no longer can select the drop down menu to choose which regional servers I do or do not want to be on.

I've also noticed matches recently hosted on the Oceanic server when not a single person in the match was from that region.

Can we like, fix the senseless lagfest please, or at least let us opt out?

Apparently now you can ONLY change the regional servers when you first start the client and login.

#262 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

na, it's totally random. Sometimes you go to the testing grounds and it works afterwards, sometimes you open a group and can change it there, and sometimes you have to restart.

#263 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

For some reason the new DAMAGE TAKEN near the old damage deal is really pissing me off, couldnt it go to the bottom of the list?...

#264 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:59 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 26 September 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

Not since the most recent patch, but they did away with the deserter penalty.... goodness, almost a year ago, now? Or has it only been 6 months? Either way, that's when I finally broke loyalty with Ghost Bear. Posted Image

The trouble you're seeing you claim is specifically with being a Mercenary, and I think you're right. When they re-did FP so you couldn't just "choose" who you were aligned with, they re-did the rewards at the same time. Freelancers get an XP boost, Mercenaries get a CBill boost (since Mercs only care about the money) and Loyalists get Loyalty Points. Something tells me that when they did that, Mercenaries stopped getting Merc Rep Points. I'm hoping this is just an oversight on their part, and if someone points it out to them they'll fix it, but I suspect that's where we are at the moment. I tried being a "merc" at first (thinking I could still swap sides mid-event to balance the population. Silly me), and noticed I didn't even get the LP tab on the end screen. Same with being a Freelancer, although that one never earned those points, and it makes sense not to have that tab.

I will submit a ticket and see what they say. If it is an actual bug I don't hold much hope on it being fixed anytime soon - given PGIs other priorities.

I'll report back to this thread for them that cares if I discover anything.

#265 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

View PostCrustyMech, on 26 September 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

I will submit a ticket and see what they say. If it is an actual bug I don't hold much hope on it being fixed anytime soon - given PGIs other priorities.

I'll report back to this thread for them that cares if I discover anything.

Well, I'll be hornswoggled! Quick reply to my query:

GM Zen (Piranha Games)

Sep 26, 12:23 PDT

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The team is aware of the issue and is currently working on a hotfix.

Regards,

GM Zen
Technical Support Rep
Piranha Games

Edited by CrustyMech, 26 September 2019 - 08:29 PM.

#266 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:26 AM

Call to arms popping up, even during the matches! while "Call to arms notification" is turned off, please fix this, it's very annoying.

#267 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

"Damage Taken" Stat in End Of Round screen addition
The End Of Round screen will now have an entry for Damage Taken. This is the amount of damage taken during the match.

But why?

Did anyone actually ask for this?

Can we have this stat placed further away from "damage done" so as to not confuse the two?

#268 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 30 September 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

But why?

Can we have this stat placed further away from "damage done" so as to not confuse the two?

I think it's an interesting stat to look at per match. However, I do agree that it should be a little more distinct and separated from damage dealt.

#269 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 30 September 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

But why?

Actually, yes. Many people were asking for this about five years ago. I think most of them have quit by now.

The request stemmed from the Atlas pilots who felt like they spent the whole match being a meat shield, and twisting off the damage while getting to deal very little of their own.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 30 September 2019 - 08:05 PM.

#270 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

too tired to read through all 276 msgs, I am wondering why the call to arms ( which I have turned off as it is ) is showing up in the middle of matches?

#271 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 30 September 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

too tired to read through all 276 msgs, I am wondering why the call to arms ( which I have turned off as it is ) is showing up in the middle of matches?

Bug. It does not matter if you have it turned on or not at the moment, the CtA still pops up. It also is being reported as coming up while in matches. I haven't seen one in a match yet, but I can't play as much as I once did...

#272 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

Not so much "during" matches, as the second the match ends, sometimes even before the end-of-match stats page comes up. But it doesn't obscure the HUD while the fighting is still going on. You can't even click on them, and they're coming up for both sides simultaneously (when they're supposed to help populate the lagging side).

#273 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 01 October 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Not so much "during" matches, as the second the match ends, sometimes even before the end-of-match stats page comes up. But it doesn't obscure the HUD while the fighting is still going on. You can't even click on them, and they're coming up for both sides simultaneously (when they're supposed to help populate the lagging side).

They can come up for both sides if you haven't chosen a side yet, and each side is under a drop amount (I believe).

#274 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

for me it is coming up in the middle of a match... frequently...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users