How Many Of You Remaining Plan To Buy Mw5?

103 replies to this topic

#101 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 09 October 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

Cancelling a pre-order and keeping the benefits ain't free market!

So there was a government intervention, intended to regulate the market, which forced PGI to let people keep their bonus content? I somehow don't think that's what happened.

PGI offered a deal, changed the deal, and people walked away from it. PGI then decided out of their own free will to let people keep their stuff. (...unless you can prove any intervention by any authority, of course).
I suspect there would have been considerable technical, practical, and possibly even legal problems taking the bonus content 'back', which combined with the bad PR probably is the actual reason for PGI's decision.

Again, PGI is not a charity. They don't sell stuff because they want to help us. They are a business.
We are not donors. We don't buy stuff because we want to help them. We are customers.
The business can be greedy, the customers can be cheap.

#102 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 October 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Being "forced" to use a luxury item. lol

View PostPrototelis, on 08 October 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Cool; yOu aReN'T BuYiNg tHe sToReFrOnT

You aren't being "forced" to buy a luxury item. That is ridiculous.

View PostSirSmokes, on 08 October 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

So I was right then I was never talking about MW5 being exclusive I was talking about Epic store exclusives forcing people to use it store front. So my point still stands build a better product and don't force people to use it that's not real competition build a better store that people want to use that is real competition .

View PostSirSmokes, on 08 October 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

If they buy exclusive right it's forced and not the timed exclusives. And even timed is shady and not really trying to build a better product.

LOL! Reading the last 2-3 pages of this thread is great! You guys just need to remember that first and foremost that this is a

"First World Problem".

#103 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 09 October 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

I keep my pre-order!

I still don't get the reason for canceling it, other than being a cheapskate and a self centric entitled kid.

Principle
And voting with a wallet

Although both are kinda mute
Forst, talking about gamers, the boycotted games usually did very well in the end

Secondly, I'm pretty sure Epic compensates PGI for the lost pre orders, they've done that with other games

View PostSirSmokes, on 08 October 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

If they buy exclusive right it's forced and not the timed exclusives. And even timed is shady and not really trying to build a better product.

If you buy it on Steam a year later Epic gets royalties, just by PGI using Unreal Engine
Epic will get payed in one way or another

#104 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

If it comes out on Steam... maybe. Or maybe I'll just wait until it's in a Humble Bundle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users