• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:21 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 04 October 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

Can someone ask for me:

"Seeing as the Fortnite community completely rejected the mech in Fortnite, how does that impact the financial projections that the move to epic and the Fortnite tie-in were supposed to improve on?"

You're not serious

K

Borderlands 3 has a mech,and is a stellar success compared to any former Steam release, even after all the whining about Epic nonsense

#22 Mister Smile

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 07 October 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

You're not serious

K

Borderlands 3 has a mech,and is a stellar success compared to any former Steam release, even after all the whining about Epic nonsense

Stellar success? BL3 sold only 500.000 units more than Mafia 3 in 2016. Thats a bit disappointing when you think of the huge marketing campaign, the millions of Borderland fans waiting for the 3rd part and the cross over event with Fortnite...

#23 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

View PostMister Smile, on 07 October 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Stellar success? BL3 sold only 500.000 units more than Mafia 3 in 2016. Thats a bit disappointing when you think of the huge marketing campaign, the millions of Borderland fans waiting for the 3rd part and the cross over event with Fortnite...

For a game that only released on Sept 13th, 2019, its done quite damn well...
Sales

According to publisher 2K, Borderlands 3 shipped more than five million copies in five days from release. In addition, the sales for Microsoft Windows in that window were the highest for any 2K title to date, and more than 70% of all purchases were made through digital distribution. With these sales, the total Borderlands franchise has made more than US$1 billion in revenue.[52]

#24 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

you're going to make the epic announcement that MW5 is going to be playable on Xbox and that it will be PvP and we can all farm the Fortnite kids right?
I knew it!
this will be fun :)

#25 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 07 October 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

For a game that only released on Sept 13th, 2019, its done quite damn well...
Sales

According to publisher 2K, Borderlands 3 shipped more than five million copies in five days from release. In addition, the sales for Microsoft Windows in that window were the highest for any 2K title to date, and more than 70% of all purchases were made through digital distribution. With these sales, the total Borderlands franchise has made more than US$1 billion in revenue.[52]

Ease down on the white knighting there, those numbers are not the units actually SOLD, those numbers also (and in a purposefully deceptive manner) include all copies sitting unsold on store shelves around the world. This is not a new tactic that has been used to inflate "sales" figures for positive press, and you sure did eat it hook, line and sinker.

Edited by Pihoqahiak, 07 October 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#26 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:28 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 07 October 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

You're not serious

K

Yeah, anyone who's been following the video game hobby for a long time knows that threats of moral boycotts are rarely carried through by hedonistic gamers, who largely lack any of the courage or conviction necessary to actually make self-sacrifices in the name of their principles. I remember reading all the outrage on forums over Modern Warfare 2 lacking dedicated servers - but then the next week gamers went out and bought it by the boatload regardless. Way to show the corps who's boss...

So I can't take armchair moral keyboard crusaders seriously any more. They say one thing then do the opposite. This is as true for gamers as it is for girls on social media saying they're against animal testing one moment and then swooning over cosmetics the next.

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 07 October 2019 - 11:35 PM.

#27 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:27 AM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 06 October 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

tee hee Oz, you and your fisting antics. But hey I need your technical help getting onto the PGI server.

I grabbed my mobile phone USB cable and sat on it. I am on "this cord" now. right?

I Luv MW5

Short derail:
Seems to me your current accord with your mobile phone is working, since you can post on this site.

Try plugging the other end of the a cord to your pc and enable USB tethering.

Me and my mobile have an accord which lets me play the game, thru mobile 4G pretty guid.
Or negotiate a new accord with your mobile phone, as they may be dissatisfied with the old one.

Hope this help

VIVA LA MW5

#28 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 08 October 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Me and my mobile have an accord which lets me play the game, thru mobile 4G pretty guid.
Or negotiate a new accord with your mobile phone, as they may be dissatisfied with the old one.

Hope this help

No, it doesn't. How does one get onto the MW5 AMA Discord, with "this cord"..... ahem..... Posted Image

#29 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:19 AM

You has to pre order a long long long time ago, maybe 90 days, on a platform far far away, or was it THAT platform, Mmm and not get refundadactiled.
Otherwise you missed the dropship.

But look at it this way kid, You get to keep all the Moniez.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 08 October 2019 - 04:20 AM.

#30 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:45 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 07 October 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

Yeah, anyone who's been following the video game hobby for a long time knows that threats of moral boycotts are rarely carried through by hedonistic gamers, who largely lack any of the courage or conviction necessary to actually make self-sacrifices in the name of their principles. I remember reading all the outrage on forums over Modern Warfare 2 lacking dedicated servers - but then the next week gamers went out and bought it by the boatload regardless. Way to show the corps who's boss...

So I can't take armchair moral keyboard crusaders seriously any more. They say one thing then do the opposite. This is as true for gamers as it is for girls on social media saying they're against animal testing one moment and then swooning over cosmetics the next.

On the flip side, Borderlands 3 is the least monetized AAA game I have seen in a while, even though many of its systems just scream for microtransactions
Hell it's fun to grind loot or lvls

Ehh
It feels like a lifetime the last MW came out, and personally I never wanted a PvP MW
Not going to deny myself this, hopefully, easily moddable MW just because Tencent bought Epic shares,
You don't see gamers boycotting NVidia just because Tencent has fingers n there too

View PostDar1ngOne, on 08 October 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

No, it doesn't. How does one get onto the MW5 AMA Discord, with "this cord"..... ahem..... Posted Image

Through all the AMA's there was very little information of actual interest

Probably also because you get to watch more MWO in the background

View PostMister Smile, on 07 October 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Not doing that bad considering all the boycotts
Btw, those Epic sales are way better since the store tax is lower, especially since 2k also uses UE4, so no royalties either

Borderlands 3 crosses 5 million copies sold in its first five days

And to top this off, there are way more looter shooters these days to compete with BL then in the past

Ehh Mafia, way to go to pull something rather unrelated out of the hat (Borderlands≠Mafia) , why not use GTA Online sale figures?

Edited by Peter2k, 08 October 2019 - 05:55 AM.

#31 Logicwolf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

I wish to see more game play footage. More information on the modding scene and whats planned would be nice to know as well. Counting on the smarter folks to ask post launch content information questions. I just hope its not another hand waving exercise and we get some really good questions and answers.

#32 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:13 AM

Par for the course.
My expectations moving forward:

NO beta whatsoever.
They will push release forward till this time next year.
BL3's 2mb constant upload will be peanuts compared to what MW5 will siphon from your machine.
MW5 causes the death of PGI.
Microsoft yanks license back.

Sweet, slightly bitter comeuppance.

#33 colt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

I'm waiting for steam instead or Humble. Too many issue with Epic for me feel comfortable about it.

#34 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:06 AM

Well, I will put out the ,"ask the question for me", in the AMA as I can't work out this cord.

Can some one ask for me, when launching MW5 through Epic will you still have to launch MWO through steam or it's own launcher?

If you can launch both MWO and MW5 through the Epic launcher, can you once in each mode switch between campaign and quick play modes. (ala Fortnite : Save the World)

Items earn't in MWO , will they at some point come across to the campaign of MW5, eg titles badges banners (ala Fortnite : Save the World)

With Co-op, in MW5, at some point can the guest player get MC rewards for helping? (ala V-Bucks missions in Fortnite : Save the World)

Lot's more Q's but they are the 3 ones my inquiring mind would like to know.

mmmmmmmm yes

Fort-tastic!

er, I mean Mech-cellent!

#35 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:21 AM

Your question have been kinda answered or answere themself.

MW5 and MWO are two seperate products that are using different engines to run and different launchers.

MWO uses cryengine with its own launcher or via steam.
MW5 uses unreal engine and will be launched via Epic. It has been said that you will most likely be able to run it by starting the MW5.exe without the Epic launcher but that was kinda vague with a "it should be possible".

From my experiance with the Epic launcher so far I could start all the game without the Epic launcher running. Just create your own shortcut or start from the games folder. So it seams likely that it will be the same with MW5.

I highly doubt that there will be any kind of crossover either way as they are seperate products. So no titles, mechs or anything else will be transfered.

#36 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:43 AM

Someone remember to ask if the license has been renewed yet or not.

#37 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:40 AM

I'll wait for steam for the only reason that I don't want to put so much money on a platform I barely use. But BEST luck to you guys and Matt, MW5 is an amazing achievement, it's been way too many years without a true sequel! and if going with epic guaranteed its future you did the right thing.
Even if the AI is kinda bad, if the team speaks with us like in MW4 and we give orders to our lance Ill be very happy.

#38 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:22 AM

It doesn’t cost anything to install epic launcher so really not sure how much money you would invest

#39 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Naivety: "It doesn’t cost anything to install epic launcher"
It doesn't cost MONEY.
It does cost you something far more valuable - your digital privacy.

#40 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:32 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 09 October 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

Naivety: "It doesn’t cost anything to install epic launcher"
It doesn't cost MONEY.
It does cost you something far more valuable - your digital privacy.

It's naiveté

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users