163 replies to this topic

#121 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 October 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Streaks aren't going to help you shoot them any faster.

No weapon is going to help me shoot them any faster. I have to react faster, be more aware of my position, and see the UAV faster. My point is that while some people have trouble with the component part of the challenges, or the Kill or KMDD, my problem is shooting down the UAVs.

#122 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:33 PM

And the good player have trouble with Kill Assists because they kill so many of their opponents. Really funny when they complain about that.

#123 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 October 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

no.

:(

#124 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:13 AM

I'll ask once more...

Can we please have a Loot Bag where 125 LBs can be won exclusively in FW and 75 in any mode? 500 damage done for 1 LB and not limited to 1 LB per match. Can we please have that?

A Champion mech of our choice as a reward would be great.

#125 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

Oh I can hear it now if they did that, all the crying from people who like faction when us QP Potatoes go in to faction to get loot bags...lol

#126 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 16 October 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

And the good player have trouble with Kill Assists because they kill so many of their opponents. Really funny when they complain about that.

No. The good players know you aren't going to kill everything in a match and only have to briefly lock something to get the assist.

#127 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:26 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 October 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

No. The good players know you aren't going to kill everything in a match and only have to briefly lock something to get the assist.

What!? Is that true??? That explains why I get kill assists in matches where I die before I even fire a shot!

#128 Ryanlegend

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

the next loot bag event not be faction but in quickplay only choose prize hero and second prize choose mech pack of choice with one mech per mech pack

#129 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 17 October 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Oh I can hear it now if they did that, all the crying from people who like faction when us QP Potatoes go in to faction to get loot bags...lol

Good point, you changed my mind on making FP worth 2 Loot Bags instead of 1 :)

Although some players go to FP entirely for the sake of using the FP group mechanic to explode their Kill/Death ratio by farming the weakest opponents they can get, and those ones would totally enjoy the opportunity to farm tier5 QP players in FP...

We need a proper FP MWO Leaderboard really : One that separates what you go score in a group, from what you can score on your own without the help of a group. Anything less would fail to provide a correct ranking.

#130 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Actually most of the hardcore FP players form groups because it is the end game, (edit: I can't really call it unit centric anymore I guess), team mode which is designed to favor those conditions.

Oh, and we aren't pariahs and have friends.

Edited by Prototelis, 17 October 2019 - 04:24 PM.

#131 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:31 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 09 October 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

Less about the quirks and more about how badly they messed with the agility #s and ignored the lore of the mechs in order to sell new mech packs. Most people who pre-ordered the kodiak did so thinking they'd arrive with absolutely no quirks at all. Same as the IIC mechs had previously.

But we also all thought the Kodiak would get to keep its base mobility stats, which were supposed to be equal to any other 'mech that runs 64.8 kph (Warhammer, Marauder, etc), and not have it nerfed to be more sluggish than a Dire Wolf or Atlas. KDK-3, at the moment, is less maneuverable than an Annihilator. Think about that one for a minute... (I wish they would have just deflated the hardpoints, rather than mess with the maneuverability. It's a fantastic enough 'mech with 2 ballistic hardpoints, if it's allowed to move).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 17 October 2019 - 04:31 PM.

#132 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 October 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Actually most of the hardcore FP players form groups because it is the end game

Hardcore mode is Competitive Play, Solaris 2vs2, and to a less extent Solaris 1vs1.

Super hardcore would be sync dropping two 12man in Faction Play, knowing you have a 50% chance to lose against another 12man as hand selected as your own... But there's no Leaderboard for doing that.

As for dropping a 12man in Faction Play ? You'll definitely spend most of your time farming random groups made of solo players with no matching decks or audio lead and some tier5 players mixed in, with a really not even once a day rare case of two farming groups meeting each other, despite the MatchMaker's best efforts to launch FP groups as fast as possible, to make it extremely unlikely that any 12man stays in the queue long enough for another 12man to manage to come queue up against them.

Yes there is one group that does meet that end game definition, of stalking the FP queue for another 12man to show up, and even syncing their drop with the launch counter to prevent that other 12man from running off as soon as they show up... But as I just said, that's "one" group that openly does it, just one out of many.

Basically while FP is indeed meant as a high level challenge, by playing it in a handpicked 12man you're playing it with your training wheels on : There's simply no MWO mode more softcore then dropping a 12man in FP perfectly knowing what's bound to happen, but when you're Tier1 it's a great way to artificially boost your K/D ratio by killing lots of tier5 and isolated TIER1 players.

Want real end game hardcore content instead of free baby wins ? Queue up solo in FP, and go fight a 12man !

Edited by Humble Dexter, 17 October 2019 - 07:46 PM.

#133 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:08 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 17 October 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hardcore mode is Competitive Play, Solaris 2vs2, and to a less extent Solaris 1vs1.

Lol no. FP is SPECIFICALLY meant for teams and teamplay.

I'm not going to say I pug it as much as you do, because I don't and don't have to because I'm not you, but I pug a fair bit and don't have the problems you do.

I've also been in these 12 mans you're crying about, and your completely full of it. In every 12 I've played in we go to the side with less people to get drops. There is no stalking of anyone.

Edited by Prototelis, 17 October 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#134 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

Teamwork is my Endgame, and there aren't many places to get it in this game anymore. FP and Comp are the only places left.

#135 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:37 PM

Open comp play all year, remove grouping from FP, done : There's nothing that screams teamwork more then comp play.

There's nothing wrong with putting 12 man groups in FP, as long as the MatchMaker only pits them against each other.

But the current MatchMaker is basically designed to prevent 12man groups from meeting each other, unless they both manage to queue within the same ~2 minutes.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 17 October 2019 - 09:40 PM.

#136 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:40 PM

wut?

lol

#137 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 October 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

wut?

lol

I see it EVERY day :
- I queue up solo, I keep playing against groups.
- I queue up in a 12man, I keep playing against solo players.

That's because in a 12man you launch so fast that there's simply not enough time for another 12man to show up against you.

Just try it yourself : If there's only enough players in the queue to launch one match, it's ~never going to be a 12man on both sides. And as it turns out, almost all the time there's only enough players in the queue to launch one match at a time, meaning it's almost never going to be a 12man on both sides...

And that's entirely because of the broken way the MatchMaker works, because it's entirely designed to work only when there's enough players for 2+ matches to be launched, which is rarely the case.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 17 October 2019 - 09:53 PM.

#138 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

lol, again. Wut?

#139 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:55 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 October 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

lol, again. Wut?

You queue solo, you land on group.

You queue group, you land on solos.

Because that's exactly how the MatchMaker is designed to work when there's only enough players queued to launch one match at a time.

MatchMaking groups against each other would require a timer of ~30min instead of 2min, or the MatchMaker correctly prioritizing the best matchup instead of wrongly prioritizing the biggest group regardless of what's available in the other queue.

I can try using pictures next ?

Edited by Humble Dexter, 17 October 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#140 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:10 PM

lol.

That is not at all what happens on a frequent during prime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users