What Got Discussed At Mw5 Ama?

24 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:49 PM

Hello

so usually after couple of hours of the AMA sessions someone would post in the forums about the major things that were discussed.

but for this recent AMA about MW5 has no follow up yet. Am i missing something here?

No one who attended the AMA wants to tell about things relating to MW5?

or has the AMA not happened yet?

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:45 PM

https://old.reddit.c...am_ama_summary/

The actual video will probably be released soon.

#3 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:44 PM

Not impressed... but not entirely disappointed. Could have been handled with a post with 10 highlights. Pre-order owners would have preferred to actually see progress rather than be prepped for simplistic expectations. Instead we got a 'you can change weapon size in a slot' woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:20 PM

Wait, so the "demo" got delayed AGAIN?!

And it's not an actual beta?!!

This is pure Russ Bullocks..

What they are doing here is taking matter out of the hands of the people who supported them YET AGAIN, by not giving a beta that people can test, comment on, and force changes where they need to be forced.

They are basically canceling the MW5 playtest and saying to the customers here - love it as-is. No input needed from you plebs..

I preordered mostly for the ability to have a say in the design proces that we had in MWO closed beta.. Now they have taken this away from us.. and delayed the release yet again..

This is starting to smell bad..

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:09 AM

Basically, there was a closed-beta option that got delayed. Then it got delayed again and is being called a demo with very little time to take input from the players who pre-ordered the game and implement the changes.

Thankfully, the game will be moddable.

#6 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:17 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 October 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Thankfully, they promised the game will be moddable.

Fixed that for you. Posted Image

#7 Vyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:20 AM

Consider ... http://bytesdaily.bl...d-scorpion.html

#8 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:45 AM

OMG wow like no one expected this if only there were clues ahead of time that PGI wouldnt reach their deadlines. Truly this is completely without precedent.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

Betas are these days demos with a better marketing name. None of the betas I have participated in had anything to do with a true beta testing but where demos. You could give feedback but only superficial things where changed.
Most dissapointing one was the Anthem Beta. Everyone was basicly begging and yelling at the devs that they can't release it in that state and they released it anyway.

As for the delay hearing that some streamer told PGI that they will ignore any NDA on the beta and release anyway is a no go. Even if you are angry with Russ or PGI and what they did lately that dosn't give you the right to act that way.
It also seams to have just given them a reason to say "we push the release back again". Greate work there.

#10 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

Even if it had been sooner. It takes PGI like 3 months to make meaningful changes to a game. At best maybe they'd tweak some things. It wouldn't change a lot. But it is, understandably, infuriating for people who pre-ordered. They paid ahead of time, they should get the thing they paid for, when it was promised to them. I doubt this a case of them polishing it up. I think they just don't want to show too early the game isn't as fleshed out as people would hope. I hope I'm wrong though. I want it to be good.

#11 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

Jup I fear the same. When Russ said they don't think they can keep the hype up when the demo is released early and streamers go nuts with showing the game.
On the other hand players have the attention of goldfish today ^_^

#12 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

No proper beta, with a delay on top of it, was the final straw for me. I was ok with the epic store, don't care what store I buy a product from really and imo if they can get additional funding by going that route that's fine with me.

So I've asked for a refund based on the fact that no proper beta means it's a different product and not the one I bought, hopefully that's not a problem since I've heard mostly good things about PGI support.

If the game is good I'll buy it after release.

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:07 PM

What proper beta are you talking about? The renamed it to the correct term -> Demo.
The content didn't change, nothing changed exept that they pushed it back because of PR. Why are people still let themself be fooled by beta haveing anything to do with real testing?

#14 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

I'd laugh if it all weren't so pathetic. Oh what the hey I'll laugh anyway. HAHAHA!-Joker

One might think that the history of lack of mwo development and poor implementation of features,some removed like ik,long tom,vip etc would be an indication of how well pgi could develop other games. I wonder if MW5 uses any Transverse assets?

#15 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 October 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Basically, there was a closed-beta option that got delayed. Then it got delayed again and is being called a demo with very little time to take input from the players who pre-ordered the game and implement the changes.

Thankfully, the game will be moddable.

you thought that was actually going to happen?

#16 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:44 PM

I'm honestly happy it isn't a "beta" and that they won't be applying a bulk of input from the people in this community :P

#17 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 10 October 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

I'm honestly happy it isn't a "beta" and that they won't be applying a bulk of input from the people in this community Posted Image

Yea they have bad idea's like you ;P

Edited by SirSmokes, 10 October 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#18 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

I have never posted a single "idea" thread, and my suggestions are actually very moderate.

#19 Snakesh1t

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:52 PM

I'm sure the Beta/Demo will have an added effect of working out unique kinks with certain hardware

#20 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

thanks for the link..

ve gone through it..

lets hope the release date dont get delayed (even though they have said in AMA that it wont be)

rest i am not sure how to look for this game.. with some vidoes and gameplay to come out in november (no clue when in november) will see how it turn out to be....i dont have too high hopes but still

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users