GROUND HACKS DETECTED

#42 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 16 October 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

It is a 'semi-functional' tiering system.

It will keep those people who are TRULY playing badly (because of potato computer, potato internet, disability, whatever) on a regular basis in the lower tiers.

Those who can play "average" consistently can EVENTUALLY work their way into Tier1.

It absolutely is not a HARD tiering system...

Some just play, other than trying hard. Some times a player will end up in bad teams, constant loses in a row. So, but this proven fact that the Tier system is really messed up. It is like someone can pick up this game, play for two days, make it to tier 1, and then say, "Hey, I am a pro. Those guys suck. They know nothing, and so on." Compared to those who been playing even when it was beta. Then getting those stating "You been playing for years to T1, shouldn't be in T1." The whole Tier system doesn't make sense at all anymore, and it is not a ranking either. So, where should those players who took years made it be? Some was already on T1 on the day the Tier system came out. Some on T3, and rest on T5 like myself. Some treat MWO like a sim (myself), some treat it as a game, some go for points, some go for just winning and then get really upset with team.

Edited by GuardDogg, 16 October 2019 - 12:00 PM.

#43 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 16 October 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Some times a player will end up in bad teams, constant loses in a row.

The only consistent factor in every match is you. You have a lot more to do with losing streaks than you want to admit.

Compared to those who been playing even when it was beta.

This does not make you an expert.

So, where should those players who took years made it be?

It depends on their actual performance. I'm not saying this to be rude, but you should probably be in Tier 3-4.

some go for just winning and then get really upset with team.

The WHOLE POINT of the game is to win. Everything is secondary to winning.

There are a lot of people I see day in and out that drive losses for their team; they make bad decisions, bad calls, bring bad mechs, and refuse to learn. It is frustrating as hell to have these people on your team; they truly don't care and will never improve because they don't want to improve.

#44 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:42 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 October 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

It depends on their actual performance. I'm not saying this to be rude, but you should probably be in Tier 3-4.

I am starting to Agree. That the Tier system is more of a category system for types of players.
T5 = Intro pilots
T4 = To win or lose, but for the fun. Everyone is all over the map. No nascar here
T3 = To win, or lose, Team work. Tactical, everyone agrees with each other. Even if team loses because a planned was brought up, and everyone followed it, the round is fun. No nascar here.
T2 = Sorta for stats, match/damage scores. Even with they lose, stats is not important but sorta important. sorta Team work. The Sorta Tier. Hoping to make it top of stats.
T1 = More for stats. match/damage scores. Even when they lose, their stats is very important. They still win on numbers. Very high damage score. They only think about themselves, not the team. These pilots need to be top stats. They are always angry, frustrated.

So yeah. Maybe T3, T4, Or not even on a Tier system, now that would be kewl. But myself thinks about protecting team mates even if they are a-holes. Depending where they are on map.

Edited by GuardDogg, 16 October 2019 - 12:47 PM.

#45 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

The only stat that is important is the W. Other stats are related to generating the W.

If you don't care about winning, you shouldn't play online games.

#46 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 October 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

The only stat that is important is the W. Other stats are related to generating the W.

If you don't care about winning, you shouldn't play online games.

Oh I care about winning. Just not one of those whiners. I am a huge Battletech fan, and no one is going to take that away. If a team lose, their is nothing we can do about it. Yelling, screaming, name calling at others will not solve. Most do not blame themselves, but calling a whole team out. I did once, man, was that a mistake. Just live, have fun, enjoy life. Enjoy the people around you.

;-)

Edited by GuardDogg, 16 October 2019 - 01:12 PM.

#47 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 15 October 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

What do you mean? Their is many took years to get to T1. Thinking just because some can make it to T1 in 5 games really earned it? Along with the achievements. Than those who never sweated it at all. I have read the Tier system is bad, but not that bad until Ash proven it how bad it is.

It's how the tier system works. The game is heavily biased towards rewarding players with a positive PSR even when they do not perform well. Under this environment, players who are actually good and belong in tier 1 will make it there in a matter of months, at worst. If it takes you literal years of actually trying, you did not get there because you were good; instead, you got there because the system is biased toward getting you there and you managed to float your way into tier 1 by sheer attrition. That's not earning the tier, that's the game gifting it to you.

To put it bluntly, your effort was worthless because you did not actually learn anything and get better at the game along the way.

#48 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 16 October 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

It's how the tier system works. The game is heavily biased towards rewarding players with a positive PSR even when they do not perform well. Under this environment, players who are actually good and belong in tier 1 will make it there in a matter of months, at worst. If it takes you literal years of actually trying, you did not get there because you were good; instead, you got there because the system is biased toward getting you there and you managed to float your way into tier 1 by sheer attrition. That's not earning the tier, that's the game gifting it to you.

To put it bluntly, your effort was worthless because you did not actually learn anything and get better at the game along the way.

Like you are saying, and it is a proven fact, that taking 2 days to make it to teir 1, those players are professionals, and no nothing of the game. Than those who took about 2-3 years, have no experience, do not deserve to be there. Because that is what you are saying.

Edited by GuardDogg, 16 October 2019 - 07:04 PM.

#49 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

What he is saying is you don't "deserve" to be in tier 1 because you didn't "earn it."

You got there by sheer attrition because it is a busted mechanic, and with a functioning metric for a matchmaker you would be nowhere near the top.

That's not an attempt to belittle you; the length of time you have played the game is completely irrelevant. You simple just are not good at the game, and should not be playing in the highest tier. It is just as unfair to you as it is to everyone else matched with and against you.

The whole point of this thread was to prove out that;

There is a two tier differential
It is possible to make it to tier 3 within your first 25 games
That it is completely possible to see a Cadet in a Tier 1-3 game

Edited by Prototelis, 16 October 2019 - 07:25 PM.

#50 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 October 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

That's not an attempt to belittle you; the length of time you have played the game is completely irrelevant. You simple just are not good at the game, and should not be playing in the highest tier. It is just as unfair to you as it is to everyone else matched with and against you.

No, you are not belittling me at all. Just the fact majority who taken years to get to T1, and saying they are not any good. I know a lot who are on T3 today, and been there, oh gosh (Playing casually). And they have good computers. Some have been on T1 day 1, and didn't even try. Some taken time off, then come back. Some have personal lives, then come back, and then saying, you do not deserve to be in T1. The whole Tier system is just a baloney in general now. Comparing to those who took a few months to those who took years. "Yay, I am pro mechwarrior! Those guys suck!" LMAO!

Edited by GuardDogg, 16 October 2019 - 07:59 PM.

#51 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:22 PM

I think the misunderstanding can be eradicated by removing the ".... not deserving" part when talking about reaching T1 and simply saying, "...not even planning to reach". If you'd consider an analogy, if we take those 500 MS challenges, you need to plan to get that challenge done whereas reaching T1 can be achieved simply by playing long enough.

#52 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:16 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 16 October 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

The whole Tier system doesn't make sense at all anymore, and it is not a ranking either. So, where should those players who took years made it be?
They should be where ever their skills, consistently played, rank them.

Some people play just barely well enough to slowly creep up the tiers.
Some people play consistently well enough to quickly tier up.
Some people play consistently badly enough to never go up in tiers.

Yes, the Tier system from its origination SHOULD have been more 'harsh' in its rankings, and damn near all of us constantly said as much to PGI.

For years we were ignored.

And Russ/PGI some how doesn't understand the animosity of the player base... Weird, huh?

Edited by Dimento Graven, 17 October 2019 - 05:16 AM.

#53 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:50 AM

I don't get why he had such trouble with trial mechs.

Most of them have weapons for all brackets so you've always got something to engage with. Also they don't have silly min/maxed armor setups that make you lazy.

Maybe if OP would L2P he wouldn't get to T3 in under 5 matches and grind it out over a long time like a REAL mechwarrior.

I know that personally, I roll 2d6 before I pull the trigger and refuse to shoot if I didn't get at least a 7.

#54 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:05 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 October 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

I don't get why he had such trouble with trial mechs.

The trouble with trial mechs isn't so much the 'non-optimal' (read: not meta) builds you'll typically find (though really, some of them are actually quite atrocious), but more the lack of any skill points.

Buying a new 'mech, at least there's some opportunity to 'optimize' the build to allow you to do BETTER to earn skill points faster to make using the 'mech that much better.

Trial 'mechs are just that, a trial to deal with...

Most of them have weapons for all brackets so you've always got something to engage with. Also they don't have silly min/maxed armor setups that make you lazy.
Actually those "kitchen sink" builds will under perform the optimize builds, and can be so bad as to be a detriment to the 11 other players who are unfortunate to be stuck with having someone piloting a non-optimized, non-skilled 'mech on their team.

Maybe if OP would L2P he wouldn't get to T3 in under 5 matches and grind it out over a long time like a REAL mechwarrior.
I'm going to assume you were just trying to be funny here... Because well...

I know that personally, I roll 2d6 before I pull the trigger and refuse to shoot if I didn't get at least a 7.
And this... Not even sure about this...

#55 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 17 October 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

The trouble with trial mechs isn't so much the 'non-optimal' (read: not meta) builds you'll typically find (though really, some of them are actually quite atrocious), but more the lack of any skill points.

Buying a new 'mech, at least there's some opportunity to 'optimize' the build to allow you to do BETTER to earn skill points faster to make using the 'mech that much better.

Trial 'mechs are just that, a trial to deal with...

Actually those "kitchen sink" builds will under perform the optimize builds, and can be so bad as to be a detriment to the 11 other players who are unfortunate to be stuck with having someone piloting a non-optimized, non-skilled 'mech on their team.

I'm going to assume you were just trying to be funny here... Because well...

And this... Not even sure about this...

I think before writing that post he rolled 2d6 for sarcasm and got a 9 or 10.

#56 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

View Postdario03, on 17 October 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Man... Did I miss the sarcasm of that post?!?!?

HOLY CRAP...

Welp, sorry to MischiefSC.

#57 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

Proving a certain someone (D 8 ) wrong is a more fun game than Solo Q.

#58 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

View Postdario03, on 17 October 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

In fact I think I managed a through armor crit.

#59 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 October 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

In fact I think I managed a through armor crit.
You won't get an argument from me on that.

#60 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

does not surprise me one bit.

though id love to see if anyone can beat that record. what are the current t1 and 2 records?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users