#81 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 21 November 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Well, that's pretty ******* petty. Congratulations.

Only way to get proper evidence to back up your claims. It has nothing to do with pettiness, and everything to do with proper documentation.

Edited by Vxheous, 21 November 2019 - 05:10 PM.

#82 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 21 November 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Do you keep screenshots of every match you play ASH?

Nope.

I never make a statement I cannot back up / prove. If I see one of the forum misinformation spreaders doing exactly the opposite of what they spout - absolutely I will take one. It serves as evidence to entirely debunk/disprove their false claims/lies as it always is.

View PostVxheous, on 21 November 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I take a screenshot when I see forum warriors in my game that spout nonsense then get rekted

This.

#83 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Liberal application of LMB is how I do it.

#84 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:09 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 November 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

This.

Taking screenshots is toxicity. Reported. lul

#85 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 November 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Nope. I never make a statement I cannot back up / prove. If I see one of the forum misinformation spreaders doing exactly the opposite of what they spout - absolutely I will take one. It serves as evidence to entirely debunk/disprove their false claims/lies as it always is. This.

Citation needed...

#86 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

Where did Cherokee go?

So much talking and now strangely silent once some real truth comes out?

Bad players mislead people wanting to improve. They get called out with proof and disappear.

Why does this always happens on this forum?????

Edited by justcallme A S H, 28 November 2019 - 01:25 PM.

#87 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 November 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Where did Cherokee go?

So much talking and now strangely silent once some real truth comes out?

Bad players mislead people wanting to improve. They get called out with proof and disappear.

Why does this always happens on this forum?????

I'm going to add, not that his build was "good" (as you've already provided a triple RAC2 compared to his dual RAC2), but that different tiers do play differently.

As an example, I've recently (as of two days ago) created a new account. My intention is to purposefully stay low in the PSR tiers so I can sync drop with my wife. I'm running builds with stock engines (Std), no upgrades (No Endo or FF), single heat sinks... and I'm doing 300-500 damage as an average from what I can see (without checking stats to confirm). I by no means am suggesting people to use stock engines and single heat sinks, but it's a notation that I shouldn't be able to use these builds to much effectiveness on my primary account. I by all rights shouldn't be able to use them at all, but in T4 matches (typically pairing with T5 players) I'm able to use them and still "do well" in them. (This includes a 64 KPH Panther with JJs, std engine, structure and armor... equipped with two LLs and two MLs.)

This alt account of mine is already progressing out of T4... Went to T4 after a single match. I'm... not succeeding very well on staying in low tiers... Posted Image

#88 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#89 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:28 PM

I still need to learn to manage my heat better.

Posted Image

#90 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

ah'd lak to say ahm git'n better at heat management, but ah ain't.

ETA this is mah kit fox, 4mpl, 3lmg, etc, ah thank ah posted it bufor. It'll git'r'dun

Posted Image

Edited by CherokeeRose, 29 November 2019 - 10:18 PM.

#91 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

In case y'all fergot, mah raven. This should trigger all the meta fan bois' PTSD. First match in this thing in a week or more. Sure is fun too. Pew pew pew!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#92 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:45 PM

Or how 'bout some of THIS!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#93 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

Ah luv mah kit fox.

Posted Image

#94 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

Ah gotta post the losses too. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:28 PM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 29 November 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

In case y'all fergot, mah raven. This should trigger all the meta fan bois' PTSD. First match in this thing in a week or more. Sure is fun too. Pew pew pew!

View PostCherokeeRose, on 29 November 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

As Tesunie already explained, there are some "builds" that may function in low tiers but in objective terms are still terrible. Those builds won't hold up against competent opponents and no amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.
You've already shown that you don't understand mech building when you've claimed a troll build described by Ash was meta.

Follow your own advice:

One should follow a path of Zen, only by accepting that one does not know is one truly able to learn.

#96 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:18 AM

In case you missed it, OP is "low tier". So ARE y'all are going to try and badger OP into using "top tier" load outs for potato play? Posted Image

I've read the "meta" mechs posted on multiple web sites. Lots of XLs in full display.

And lots of snubbery of Streaks and RACs

"muh torso twist" LOL

I'm constantly testing new builds. I am following my own advise. Not beholden to the snob tier.

But I think my results speak for themselves.

#97 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 29 November 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'm going to say, your screen shots (of good games I wont argue) will be less convincing in a debate seen as people who have played with you can always post screens of poor matches you've had (as Ash has already done). It's called cherry picking your results to support your own side of the argument.

If you want to attempt to convince people that these builds are "good for your tier" (which, honestly, they are good for you at those tiers as we all play a little differently), you'll get farther by posting your mech stats (please, do so in an organized manner) with any mention of what build is/was on those mechs. Best way to do this is to either maintain the same build all the time, or if you change it screen or log your mech stats of the previous build and subtract that information from the new build's stats. This will show you actual averages with a specific build, which supports your argument far better than a single (or a couple) of end of match screens.

For example, my Hunchback 4J on my main account has always had the same basic build, with minor upgrades as time went on. If I was to make a claim on it's build as a valid "good" build, I'd post it's stats:
Matches played: 145
W/L: 1.15
K/D: 1.14 (a mostly irrelevant stat, to be honest.)
Damage dealt per match: 408.68
Damage per match per ton: 8.17
Build: Two LRM10s, five MLs. (Not going into specifics, as this is an example.)

Compared to a match score of 500+ with 900+ damage, this shows what I actually, as an average, can perform with this mech over time. 145 matches played is a good amount of data to pool from, showing I didn't just have a few good matches and then "stopped playing the mech".

Meanwhile, on a more relevant note, my new account has a Mad-3R with an AC10 (one ton ammo), two LLs, two MLs, stock engine and single heat sinks (five I believe). It's stats on my new account are:
Matches played: 8
W/L: 1.67
K/D: 1
Damage per match: 368.38
Damage per match per ton: 4.9

These aren't "bad" stats, but that wouldn't mean I'd recommend my build to people. But it's more proving of the build than a screen shot that showed a match where I did 539 damage with a match score of 420. (Keep in mind, I've been intentionally trying to "play bad" so I can remain in sync drop range for my wife, seen as GP hasn't been working very well lately.)

#98 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:14 AM

For reference:
My real account, with years of playing at 10fps and then attempts at the gitting of the gud
https://leaderboard..../search?u=Gagis

My tier 5 to tier 4 smurf account I played with my kid with any mech that looked good in pink:
https://leaderboard....search?u=Fleisy

You can do pretty much anything and get great numbers in the low tiers.

#99 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

View PostTesunie, on 30 November 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

I'm going to say, your screen shots (of good games I wont argue) will be less convincing in a debate seen as people who have played with you can always post screens of poor matches you've had (as Ash has already done). It's called cherry picking your results to support your own side of the argument.

If you want to attempt to convince people that these builds are "good for your tier" (which, honestly, they are good for you at those tiers as we all play a little differently), you'll get farther by posting your mech stats (please, do so in an organized manner) with any mention of what build is/was on those mechs. Best way to do this is to either maintain the same build all the time, or if you change it screen or log your mech stats of the previous build and subtract that information from the new build's stats. This will show you actual averages with a specific build, which supports your argument far better than a single (or a couple) of end of match screens.

For example, my Hunchback 4J on my main account has always had the same basic build, with minor upgrades as time went on. If I was to make a claim on it's build as a valid "good" build, I'd post it's stats:
Matches played: 145
W/L: 1.15
K/D: 1.14 (a mostly irrelevant stat, to be honest.)
Damage dealt per match: 408.68
Damage per match per ton: 8.17
Build: Two LRM10s, five MLs. (Not going into specifics, as this is an example.)

Compared to a match score of 500+ with 900+ damage, this shows what I actually, as an average, can perform with this mech over time. 145 matches played is a good amount of data to pool from, showing I didn't just have a few good matches and then "stopped playing the mech".

Meanwhile, on a more relevant note, my new account has a Mad-3R with an AC10 (one ton ammo), two LLs, two MLs, stock engine and single heat sinks (five I believe). It's stats on my new account are:
Matches played: 8
W/L: 1.67
K/D: 1
Damage per match: 368.38
Damage per match per ton: 4.9

These aren't "bad" stats, but that wouldn't mean I'd recommend my build to people. But it's more proving of the build than a screen shot that showed a match where I did 539 damage with a match score of 420. (Keep in mind, I've been intentionally trying to "play bad" so I can remain in sync drop range for my wife, seen as GP hasn't been working very well lately.)

Pretty good point, but my "Normal" loadout for my Catapult and Kit Fox always ends up going back to the same setup, because it works dang good. And I have no intention of changing my Raven, It just works too good.

Kit fox is the 4mpl, 3lmg,

and Catapult is 2,4,4,6 S-SRM, tag and 3mpl. Always with a Light engine.

I used some trial mechs too, in November, to get some special events, so my stats will reflect that poor performance (outside of my comfort zone in an unleveled mech).

My Jarl's list was already posted. I must be doing something right. ~2:1 k/d ratio and my random team mates tend to win if I'm there knocking heads. @1.30 win/loss

Sometimes I get stuck with a potato tier group and get stomped along with the rest, sometimes I do good despite it. But it's all quick play. which is a total RNG crap shoot.

And sometimes I do stupid stuff. And learn from it, hopefully. I do bad sometimes, more often I do darn good. And part of that, a big part of that, is building a good mech that can dish out damage effectively.

You can't directly compare people who only play QP with the faction warfare (whatever you call it) group. I would call them Guilds. Different tactics (or NO tactics) vs a well coordinated group who knows to peak and poke and how to brawl and push.

I see plenty of crappy builds in QP too. Cringe worthy. I see plenty of people using XLs on IS heavies and sometimes even on assaults. And you can't do a google search for a meta build without falling all over IS XLs on heavies/assaults.

And even some mediums that have no business running an XL, like the Pheonix Hawk with it's ST's projecting up over it's head.

IS rifleman? sure, slap an XL in there, the CT is massive and shields the ST. Most others? Total fail.

Torso twist will only get you so far when you have someone focusing and picking off your weak ST.

#100 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostHorseman, on 20 November 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

It doesn't mean it's worthless, but it means it has substantially less weight and credibility than that of more experienced and higher performing players.
You don't. it's just your ego talking, sorry.
Except that the leaderboard only covers quick play.
Tactics matter to give you and your team enough time to actually deal the damage in the first place. OP's problem wasn't really that he had a bad build (although it could be optimized better), it was that he played his build badly .

They have DPS, sure. What they don't have is burst damage or focus - the damage is spread around like m*********er and you have to continue staring at the enemy while you're firing, which means that if your target isn't already distracted you're going to get cored out a LOT.
Which is the problem right there. Streaks used to be better, but they were nerfed both by changes to distribution of their target components and the reduction in the targeting reticle area.
And without a BAP, most of your firepower can be instantly shut down by a piddly little Pirates Bane being near you.
4xASRM6 and 4xMPL delivers more focused damage and a 50% higher initial burst. The key in this game isn't to take your time farming inefficient damage while your mech is getting shredded, but rather to deliver focused damage that either quickly eliminates opponents or deprives them of combat effectiveness.
They're "safe zone" weapons, giving you an illusion of performance but only working against incompetent opponents.
You don't get better by only staying in a comfort zone of weapons and builds that aim to compensate for your weaknesses. Get out of that comfort zone and start playing to your strengths instead..
Your streak BB deals a 50 point alpha, 32 points of which will be spread out across random components.
A 4xASRM6+4xMPL BB deals a 75 point alpha, with much more focused damage than your streaks.

Why does that matter? Let's take your streak BB to Solaris, against a Kodiak - what do you think wins? The conclusion is foregone: the Kodiak, because your streaks won't chip away its armor fast enough to matter.

Meanwhile, a 4xASRM6 Bushwacker - ten tons lighter than your Catapult - can just burst down that Kodiak's CT without a substantial difficulty (and has - I regularly run that BSW in Solaris).

I trust you can see the difference?
That's what chainfire is for.
In a real scenario, their average accuracy rate is 75% so you're only going to get 560 damage.

I stuck a BAP on my Catapult yesterday, and it didn't seem to work VS an ECM mech yesterday. Even with TAG. :-/

Maybe it just changes the range at which the streaks will lock?

Know what it does work against? Them lights trying to do a hit and run. LOL.

And I include 3MPL on there for a reason.

And obviously I'm not doing Solaris in it. QP is not solaris, and lights should fear my Catapult. It's fast enough to get to the right spot, can jump tto get there, and can even take on big mechs with weak components. Granted there is some RNG, but that is what the pulse lasers are there for.

I didn't know Jarl's only covered QP, damn ASH... good job. Posted Image

Any build can be played badly. Some builds are easier to play well though.

Yeah, RACs have some issues, but there is balance in all things. And they teach you to lead your target, something newbies need (or you just miss a lot and fail) Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users