Kit Fox Needs Armor Tweak

10 replies to this topic

#1 MadDach5und

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

The voting for Re-scaling of light mechs seems to heavily favor the Kit Fox, but I don't think it's a scaling issue - it's that the arms have WAY TOO MANY armor points.

The design of the arms is open and spindly to hold a wide configuration of weapons and devices - which I fully agree does comply with the design - but the damn things have 40 armor points and 10 structure points - literally MORE damage points than the legs - and more points than several Medium builds. It competes with the Nova in terms of arm points - in arms that are about half the scale. Where is all that armor located?!?

I'm fine with the 30 ton mech being the smaller size that it is. It should be smaller and more elusive at 30 tons - but it should not keep its arms and most of its weapons after several direct hits. Please nerf down the arm armor points to something more respectable for its size.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

No.

The kitfox is mostly terrible. If anything it needs help.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:12 PM

Lol what is this topic....

Less arm armour?

If anything it needs more.

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:33 AM

Where did the Badfox touch you?

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:51 AM

The extra armor points on arms don't help so much when it easily loses torsos.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:58 AM

A typical Division 7 victim, I guess? Posted Image

#7 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:02 PM

If anything id give it some torso buffs and a CT buff. Its basically a clam urbie without the quirks. The ONLY loadout on that thing that is a genuine threat is the 5MPL/6ERML loadout, and that requires both of the sode torsos from the hero to do. Keep the hero torsos squishy, give all the rest like +20 armor at the minimum as they are underarmored to no end.

Same thing for the cougar, that thing is so pathetically squish that a bloody dakka build will 1 shot it with a good burst every time, and if it somehow doesnt itll kill it on the followup shot in 2 seconds...

I like the concept of slow and high offense lights, but aside from the urbie (specifically the MPL builds), none of them are any good when they go down the instant anyone so much as looks at them...

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 09 November 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

If anything id give it some torso buffs and a CT buff. Its basically a clam urbie without the quirks. The ONLY loadout on that thing that is a genuine threat is the 5MPL/6ERML loadout, and that requires both of the sode torsos from the hero to do. Keep the hero torsos squishy, give all the rest like +20 armor at the minimum as they are underarmored to no end.

4xASRM6 fox may not be a comp mech, but it's no slouch in QP and has been rather successful in Solaris (one of the highest burst options in Div 7).

Edited by Horseman, 09 November 2019 - 12:34 PM.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:33 AM

Posted Image

#10 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:25 AM

View PostHorseman, on 09 November 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

4xASRM6 fox may not be a comp mech, but it's no slouch in QP and has been rather successful in Solaris (one of the highest burst options in Div 7).

I know mine has (it's an older build, so it's validness is questionable in the new meta) a HLL, two ERMLs and some MGs (with ECM). When I last used it, it did rather well. (Stating the build off my head... may not be exact.)

#11 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:07 AM

Yeah the Kit Fox and Adder both have good builds available, they'll both run roof mounted ERPPC well, they both do SRM bastardry better than expected, the Adder can do a serviceable UAC10+HSL scrapper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users