Teams Using Spectator Mode In Solaris

Solaris Exploit Fix

58 replies to this topic

#41 Expfighter

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:43 AM

Here is a simple solution to all of this, Disable the spectating mode in Solaris matches!

there, problem solved!

#42 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 November 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

blah blah I am so good

I remember you from the past, haven't played much last year, but I bet YOUR FRIENDLIST is nearly all PINK...
So I guess your words about such things have depth.... ^^

Posted Image

#43 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:22 AM

^ lkololololololololololololololololololololololol

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:58 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 22 November 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

I remember you from the past, haven't played much last year, but I bet YOUR FRIENDLIST is nearly all PINK...

Posted Image

Who are you?

And how badly did I smash you to make you hackusate? Must have been a pretty brutal smashing if you still remember it a year on.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 23 November 2019 - 02:59 AM.

#45 Pseudo98

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image

Yes the guy that publicly streams most of his Mechwarrior play carrying spuds like you must clearly be hacking... I wish the only overlays I saw on his MWO were wallhacks but instead it's a webcam showing his massive chin.

#46 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:10 AM

Posted Image

Start playing well and beating any Comp players, then you can start hackusating the best players worldwide, otherwise just accept that they are more skilled than most of us (I mean, they probably train multiple times a week, so I guess they have a bit more experience)

#47 AndiMech

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:56 AM

Lol is this Thread funny.
1. Most people posting here posting i have never/not seen for a while in Solaris
2. If i would think, that you can exploit by watching, i would not stream all my matches... it just isnt viable playing on one screen and looking at the other..
3. Comm relaying positions.. cmon?!? who the **** cares about that in Solaris. If your strat has to involve stealth in Solaris in any Div, you have lost from the beginning.
4. Not all matches appear on the watchlist, or show when match already open...
5. If i wouldnt spam my twitch link before and after every match in Allchat, i would also have be haccusated some times, because in some 20s matches, i feally feel for the opponent, when his XL an LRMs just werent the right strat...
6. Pinks not my color and i am on ASHs friends list, lol
7. If in the match it was a tie at the end i immediately think of 3 names... all cowards who are wasting other peoples time because they cant accept a loss!! one of them is soooo bad, he looses all the time even WITH wall hacks! Which you can see if you spectate him.
8. The only one who is affraid of the spectating mode, is cheaters and win traders. Without, how could we find out?!?
9. Yes please add window where you can see who is spectating. Maybe then people would realize that they are beeing watched and should not win trade!
And: Ties in Solaris should be avoided, because then both lose ELO. The ELO is LOST, Destroyed, never coming back. People who force ties are egomaniac self absorbed .... "If i cant have it, noone should"
The right thing to do is, let the opponent have his elo, win the next time and get even more ELO!!!
Destroying something, so noone can have it is childish, and should not be happening RL or game!!!

#48 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 23 November 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

Start playing well and beating any Comp players, then you can start hackusating the best players worldwide, otherwise just accept that they are more skilled than most of us (I mean, they probably train multiple times a week, so I guess they have a bit more experience)

We used to train multiple times a week, but the game is dead, and there's no real incentive for practice hard at comp play anymore (no year end trip to Vancouver for mech con to get together with your friends/team, no monetary rewards, etc)

Edited by Vxheous, 23 November 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#49 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

Kicked a Hornets nest on this.

However, I am just asking to add the list of spectators at the end. That is enough information to understand the situation.

You can't have a time delay, it is infeasible and would waste a lot of server resources if implemented.

There may even be times where new players need coaching and spectating to help them learn to play might be a positive thing. It is just unfair in a 1v1 because the opponent gets nothing for the increased difficulty

#50 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostSurn, on 30 November 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

However, I am just asking to add the list of spectators at the end. That is enough information to understand the situation.

Is it though? You wouldn't know if they were passing information to the player. Also its a f2p game, so if they wanted to they could easily make an alt and spectate with that. I suppose there wouldn't be much hurt (besides possibly increasing speculation) to adding in a spectator list but I don't think it would help much. Actually because of alts, a spectator count would probably do about as much.

#51 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:27 AM

View Postdario03, on 02 December 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Is it though? You wouldn't know if they were passing information to the player. Also its a f2p game, so if they wanted to they could easily make an alt and spectate with that. I suppose there wouldn't be much hurt (besides possibly increasing speculation) to adding in a spectator list but I don't think it would help much. Actually because of alts, a spectator count would probably do about as much.

Exactly.

It's just straight up flawed any way I look at it.

#52 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

View Postdario03, on 02 December 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Is it though? You wouldn't know if they were passing information to the player.
No, but over time the pattern of certain spectators always being seen with certain players would be observable. If one of those players plays in a manner that indicates some form of foul play, the spectator list would be corroborating evidence.

#53 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:06 AM

Or you can simply add an option into the game where everyone playing Solaris can choose whether their matches can or can't be spectated.

Or you can introduce a delay into Solaris spectator mode.

Or you can stop playing peeky-pokey builds that are dependant on the enemy not knowing your position.

Or you can stop being paranoid altogether.

Options are truly limitless ...

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 03 December 2019 - 03:06 AM.

#54 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:10 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 03 December 2019 - 03:06 AM, said:

Or you can stop playing peeky-pokey builds that are dependant on the enemy not knowing your position.
Depending on the terrain, just knowing where the opponent is moving after he broke off can be a major advantage.

#55 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 03 December 2019 - 06:10 AM, said:

Depending on the terrain, just knowing where the opponent is moving after he broke off can be a major advantage.

Broke off from what? lol

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at comments like this tho. Given how people can spend 8-10 mins in a Solaris match "breaking off" from each other like 12 year old girls.

#56 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:19 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 03 December 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Broke off from what?
From the engagement and line of sight, long enough to drop off the radar. If you're running a faster mech than your opponent, on some maps there's enough cover to do that and attack from a direction the opponent doesn't expect.
Having precise knowledge of your opponent's position and the direction they're going to come at you from (or when and where they're going to get out of cover) is an advantage. When that information isn't legitimately provided to the player by the game, it is cheating.

Given how people can spend 8-10 mins in a Solaris match "breaking off" from each other like 12 year old girls.
Now that much time? Sure, that's nonsense. On the other hand, most players aren't big fans of staring down their opponent's guns while their heat scale is redlining.

Edited by Horseman, 03 December 2019 - 10:06 AM.

#57 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:43 AM

View PostHorseman, on 03 December 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

From the engagement and line of sight, long enough to drop off the radar. If you're running a faster mech than your opponent, on some maps there's enough cover to do that and attack from a direction the opponent doesn't expect.
Having precise knowledge of your opponent's position and the direction they're going to come at you from (or when and where they're going to get out of cover) is an advantage. When that information isn't legitimately provided to the player by the game, it is cheating.

Amazing. This is exactly what I've meant when I've said about peekey-pokey builds. And if one is so paranoid about spectators then just ... stop playing peekey-pokey. Play smashy-facey. Comprende?

View PostHorseman, on 03 December 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Now that much time? Sure, that's nonsense. On the other hand, most players aren't big fans of staring down their opponent's guns while their heat scale is redlining.

Well then one have to decide which is stronger ... aversion to facing opponent's guns while playing a smashy-facey build or paranoia regarding spectators spying on them.

Either way, there is always a solution, but instead of looking for one people cry on the forum in hopes PGI does smth.
(spoiler alert: they won't)

#58 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:33 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 December 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Exactly.

It's just straight up flawed any way I look at it.

Yeah, though like I said I don't think it would hurt much except for possibly increasing accusations. So I don't know, I guess I would be okay with it but plenty of other things I would take over it.

View PostHorseman, on 03 December 2019 - 02:49 AM, said:

No, but over time the pattern of certain spectators always being seen with certain players would be observable. If one of those players plays in a manner that indicates some form of foul play, the spectator list would be corroborating evidence.

Yeah, but again alt accounts gets around that. I'm not saying I'm against it, I just don't think it would really do that much. Also I think it would have to be some very consistently suspicious play for anything to ever happen. And even if somebody is giving info via spec I don't know if they would be able to do it fast enough to get that level of consistency. This is a 1v1 and rarely 2v2 of MWO where you know what mech the enemy is running, not a RTS where if you knew exactly what the enemy was doing you could build the exact counter for it.

#59 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:32 AM

View Postdario03, on 03 December 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Yeah, but again alt accounts gets around that.

Alt Accounts - the solution, but mainly the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users