#41 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:12 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 November 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

Once MW5 has shipped and the team has some well deserved time off we will discuss future patch plans for MWO.

Great effort guys, a well deserved break. You are so awesome.

(Can I have that 50000 MC now)

#42 Stephen J Daniel

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:21 AM

You know what I find funny. All you whiners that have no idea what it is like to run and update a game and at the same time create a new one. Plus to top it if, yeah your ideas matter but all you gamers are forgetting something, its not you game to change and when they don't do all the things you want you whine. So what if the game is off a little or a lot. Its still fun and addicting. Yes there are faults but all games have that. Go look a forums for other games and see the glitches they have. Give them a break. How would you like it if you created something and others were telling you to change this and that. Or if you changed it your way and everyone complained and told you this is trash and failing. So at the end of this reply to the forum all I have to say is CHILL OUT. Peace yall

Edited by Stephen J Daniel, 19 November 2019 - 05:22 AM.

#43 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:24 AM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 19 November 2019 - 03:12 AM, said:

right? Turn on the free button during the remaining months for MWO's server.

#44 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 November 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

Had this same discussion with you ten times over : Switching from farmed to farmer does not fix the problem, it spreads it.

Have you tried not playing the end-game social team mode as a solo if you don't want to face premade teams?

#45 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:58 AM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 19 November 2019 - 03:12 AM, said:

You could have used the redeem code from the MW5 website months ago, since September ish.
Thought you knew.
doh

#46 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostStephen J Daniel, on 19 November 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

You know what I find funny. All you whiners that have no idea what it is like to run and update a game and at the same time create a new one. Plus to top it if, yeah your ideas matter but all you gamers are forgetting something, its not you game to change and when they don't do all the things you want you whine. So what if the game is off a little or a lot. Its still fun and addicting. Yes there are faults but all games have that. Go look a forums for other games and see the glitches they have. Give them a break. How would you like it if you created something and others were telling you to change this and that. Or if you changed it your way and everyone complained and told you this is trash and failing. So at the end of this reply to the forum all I have to say is CHILL OUT. Peace yall

#47 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

That would be all and fine if i was one of those sponges that have played this game for many years and never spent a dime on it. But in over 7 years i have invested a good bit of money in it because i like to support things that bring me enjoyment and not be e freeloader. But in the last couple years they have managed to screw it up and blow smoke up our buttocks on how they are going improve it. Ever since the mention of MWO5 came along this game has been abused as far as improvements. So basically i feel like i have earned the right to whine as much as i want. And i wouldnt end my sentence with peace ya'all after just calling us a bunch of whiners. Now if you have been on here whining and havent spent a penny on this game then. STFU and SIT DOWN. FACE PALM.

#48 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:17 PM

No new patch...nice. However I still would like to have the Anubis.

#49 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 19 November 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

No new patch...nice. However I still would like to have the Anubis.

That's not a bad choice. Base variant would be ecm, stealth, endo, 240XL, 4 missile hardpoints and an energy hardpoint and there's no inner sphere mech 30 ton light in the game that can do that already.

#50 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

So.......whats with the One day wait for a Faction fight?

Enquiring minds want to know
Posted Image

Edited by GaelicWolf, 19 November 2019 - 06:34 PM.

#51 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 November 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

That's not a bad choice. Base variant would be ecm, stealth, endo, 240XL, 4 missile hardpoints and an energy hardpoint and there's no inner sphere mech 30 ton light in the game that can do that already.

Err... ECM Javelin? Sure, it's all missiles but to get another mech with one extra Energy hardpoint? This is one of the reasons why mech packs stopped selling. There's nothing new that older mechs can't already do. We need better content.

#52 a frying pan to the CT

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:45 AM

View PostLion El Johnsonn, on 15 November 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

If PGI were to release two final mech packs, 1 clan and 1 IS, which mechs would you guys want??

Clan: -Bane (Kraken)

IS: -Hatchetman. I really thought we were going to get this when we saw it was going to be in an HBS expansion. Just let the hatchet look cool and give that arm a big 3-5 ton armor bonus and that would be enough for me.
-Other mentions would be Penetrator, Nightsky, Guillotine, Exterminator, Ostsol, Ostroc, Berserker, Legionnaire, Arctic Fox, Gunslinger, Devastator, Thug, and Bandersnatch.

Some other things I would love to see:
-Warhawk LT with no heat sinks and some hardpoints
-Summoner pod with ECM
-Ice Ferret CT with much smaller engine, more tonnage for weapons
-Centurion variant with LT 2E 2M ECM, CT 2E, RT 2E 2M, and JJs. With two hands and shields. My original dream mech.
-Enforcer with hands.
-Helbringer leg JJ pods
[color=#222222]-Spider with 8E or more. At least 6E.[/color]
-Sunspider leg JJ pods
-Awesome made playable. Too cool looking to be just a bullet magnet. Likewise Zeus.
-Executioner LT with many hardpoints and max free slots
-Executioner without mask, given a much lower engine, and higher arms. Also a mech too cool looking for the way it plays.
-Assassin with two hands.

Would be great.

#53 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:41 AM

View Posta frying pan to the CT, on 20 November 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

Some other things I would love to see:
-Warhawk LT with no heat sinks and some hardpoints
-Summoner pod with ECM
-Ice Ferret CT with much smaller engine, more tonnage for weapons

I'm gonna split up this section of quote backs.... omni mechs have fixed equipment that cannot be changed ever. That's why the mist lynx's all have that active probe that cannot be removed. Thus we'll never see a warhawk LT with anything but the same left torso configuration as every other warhawk, nor an ice ferret with a different size engine. No summoner variant in the lore has ECM so the only way that is going to happen is for PGI to invent a new variant.

-Centurion variant with LT 2E 2M ECM, CT 2E, RT 2E 2M, and JJs. With two hands and shields. My original dream mech.
-Enforcer with hands.
-Helbringer leg JJ pods
[color=#222222]-Spider with 8E or more. At least 6E.[/color]
-Sunspider leg JJ pods

No centurion variant has ECM though one does exist with jump jets. No hellbringer or sun spider variant exists with Jump jets. Hands are useless in a game without melee. There's already a 7 energy javelin in this game and again no spider variant exists with more than 4 energy weapons.

-Awesome made playable. Too cool looking to be just a bullet magnet. Likewise Zeus.
-Executioner LT with many hardpoints and max free slots
-Executioner without mask, given a much lower engine, and higher arms. Also a mech too cool looking for the way it plays.
-Assassin with two hands.

Would be great.

The awesome is already perfectly playable. Again the executioner is an omnimech with fixed equipment that cannot be omitted. And to repeat with the assassin... mechs don't need hands at all in a game without melee.

#54 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:56 AM

I hope you will take a deep breath and really, really start thinking about what MWO and the community needs. First of all you need to fix FP. 1 or 2 new maps. A new mech every few month or so. And weapon balancing. You killed the SPL, it deserves a slightly buff. The RAC2 is way to powerful, 3 RAC2 produce more damage, less heat and require less space than 2 RAC5. Increase the heat and everything is fine.
I´m an idiot for hoping your announcement isn´t just empty words. Considering your promises and actual doings over the last 2 years ... the team will still keep working on MW5, fixing all the massive bugs and MWO will continue to die.

#55 a frying pan to the CT

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:44 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 November 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'm gonna split up this section of quote backs.... omni mechs have fixed equipment that cannot be changed ever. That's why the mist lynx's all have that active probe that cannot be removed. Thus we'll never see a warhawk LT with anything but the same left torso configuration as every other warhawk, nor an ice ferret with a different size engine. No summoner variant in the lore has ECM so the only way that is going to happen is for PGI to invent a new variant.

No centurion variant has ECM though one does exist with jump jets. No hellbringer or sun spider variant exists with Jump jets. Hands are useless in a game without melee. There's already a 7 energy javelin in this game and again no spider variant exists with more than 4 energy weapons.

The awesome is already perfectly playable. Again the executioner is an omnimech with fixed equipment that cannot be omitted. And to repeat with the assassin... mechs don't need hands at all in a game without melee.

Just a wish list. I did know these things, except for the Awesome.. But thank you for taking the time to write this up.

#56 Lion El Johnsonn

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:03 AM

Anyone know when PGI won the lawsuit against HG?

If they were losing money on mechpacks why wouldn't they just bust out all the unseen mechs. Pretty sure people would have bought the Crusader, Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Longbow, and the Phoenix Hawk IIC. Instead we got the Dervish and the homemade Corsair.

#57 Venturestein

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:35 AM

Wow you guys sure are hitting the sauce hard if you think they will abandon the cash cow. MW5 is going to be a one shot with maybe some addon packs but nothing like MWO. You guys need to get out of your moms basement and go get some sunshine and human interaction.

#58 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostLion El Johnsonn, on 21 November 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Anyone know when PGI won the lawsuit against HG?

If they were losing money on mechpacks why wouldn't they just bust out all the unseen mechs. Pretty sure people would have bought the Crusader, Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Longbow, and the Phoenix Hawk IIC. Instead we got the Dervish and the homemade Corsair.

Didn't HG loose several times before the last case and still found ways to file claims? So just because you won one time dosn't mean that HG would stop trying it seams.

As for new Mechpack. I think its pretty save to say that PGI has currently everone working on MW5 so even if they want there won't be any MWO related stuff.

Also it was said that Mechpacks don't return whats invested or just barely. Sure that could be because the last mechs where not the top "asked for" mechs but it could also be that we reached a point where the mass of the players is saturated with mechs. Hell I even tried to NOT get a lot of mechs and I have 91 and about 10-20 not even fully skilled because...I have no reason to do so.

I think what PGI needs to do take a brake and rethink MWOs concept. One side beeing how to make money with it and the other haveing a clear vision and path on what the experiance should be. Maybe after MW5 and the experiance they have won with it they have the knowledge and basis to create an MWO that is fun to play and produces money again.

#59 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:23 AM

View PostVenturestein, on 22 November 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Wow you guys sure are hitting the sauce hard if you think they will abandon the cash cow.

Such a huge cash cow that mech packs didn´t even bring the invested money back anymore. You are delusional to think that a 7 year old game, that lost 80% of it´s players in the last 2 years, where Russ constantly lied to the community, promisies were broken several times, gameplay was destroyed by weapon/mech "balancing" and messing up FP cause "PGI knows whats best" is still a "huge cash cow".

MW5 is going to be a one shot with maybe some addon packs but nothing like MWO.

And if MW5 fails to bring enough money MWO will be shut down. Russ already admitted that.

You guys need to get out of your moms basement and go get some sunshine and human interaction.

You need to open your eyes and do your homework before entering a discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users