• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

official manual
https://static.mw5me...cumentation.pdf

working configurations:

CH Fighterstick, Throttle and Pedals (or any other ch stick configuration using CH Control Manager Device 1, also here my ch profile)

G27 Pedals as rudder

Thrustmaster T-16000M Throttle Fix

Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Saitek X55 Rhino Pro

Pro Flight Pedals (and fix)

Mad Catz V1 Stick

Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick

if you find that writing your own cfg is over your head or its not working, do this:

View PostLordNothing, on 13 December 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

vid/pid numbers for the stick (pedals) would be a good place to start. pgi's manual was pretty good with this regard, but i find its a lot easier to use run->dxdiag and then click on the input tab, find your pedals in the list. post the vendor id and product id of that stick.

then go into run->joy.cpl, double click on your pedals and post a screen cap of the list of axes. should help me id what to assign to what.

that goes for everyone with a controller that they cant make work.

no guarantees but i might be able to come up with a cfg that works.

also for troubleshooting purposes, please be specific as to whether its not working at all or its just behaving erratic.

heres a link to all the legacy info that was cluttering up the post. probably not relevant post-demo.

e:
added another profile

Edited by LordNothing, 05 July 2021 - 01:21 PM.

#2 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

I twittered Russ about about more control variables for HOTAS setups and here is his reply (looks like you should try to get some feedback to them):

[color=#D9D9D9]Thanks and yes I really hope so. I’m pushing the team to gather as much HOTAS feedback as possible for some additions and improvements before release[/color]

#3 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 26 November 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

I twittered Russ about about more control variables for HOTAS setups and here is his reply (looks like you should try to get some feedback to them):

[color=#D9D9D9]Thanks and yes I really hope so. I’m pushing the team to gather as much HOTAS feedback as possible for some additions and improvements before release[/color]

this is more about workarounds for getting what we have to work, not fixing the input code. much of the problems revolve around not supporting older direct input controllers. some tweaks would be welcome though. deadzone, sensitivity, invert, and axis bindings would be helpful though. you know, the basics.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 November 2019 - 08:45 PM.

#4 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 November 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

this is more about workarounds for getting what we have to work, not fixing the input code. much of the problems revolve around not supporting older direct input controllers. some tweaks would be welcome though.

Just thought I'd let you know they are actively looking for input on this. By the looks of it, your $.02 could be valuable, and there's a little time to get something in yet. I think a lot of modern devs have forgotten proper implementation of peripherals into games, aside from actual controllers (xbox, dualshock, etc.). Modern driving games might be the torchbearers tho for continuous, thoughtful implementation... I miss the days of games being designed around (more often at least) a particular peripheral type.

#5 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:53 PM

So far with today's Beta... Joystick controls totally useless. My old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II was almost inop. No Joystick on any axis, throttle, and no base buttons. The only buttons that I got to bind were some fire groups on the stick itself. So much for Joystick beta play, 3rd party software is our only recourse at this time. I'm not even going to bother with my Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS setup till the dust settles. Big disappointment tonight for me. Hopefully some sharp gamers with time on their hands this weekend will come up with some decent workarounds. Many thanks in advance if you do.

Update:
Yay!!! See MW5 link: https://static.mw5me...cumentation.pdf Posted Image

Edited by FireDog, 14 December 2019 - 08:19 AM.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:27 PM

today i was looking at freepie but it doesnt look like it has the ability to run a virtual xinput device. there is a plugin but i couldn't get the damn thing to work. ive been considering freepie as a replacement to the ch control manager which hasn't seen an update since 2011. of course there is no gui and you have to do all your mappings in python, and that might be above the head of some users anyway.

i kinda wanted to get x360ce to work as it has a pretty straight forward gui. this one works by replacing the xinput dll that the game calls for its input. ive used this before but not sure how to make it work with mw5. tried running it from the same directory as the executable and that didnt work. mw5 doesnt even start. this may be the egs interfering with launching the game because i put a dll somewhere it didn't like.

xoutput remains the only thing that has worked so far. to get it to work, first grab xoutput from here

https://github.com/c...Output/releases

installation instructions are here

https://github.com/csutorasa/XOutput

it gives a list of dependencies but i only had to instal the VGIEm framework and xbox360 controller drivers to get it to work.

extract xoutput to a folder somewhere (doesnt really matter where) and run it. at the top of the window are a list of direct input controllers. make sure your stick is recognized. it will highlight green when you interact with it. under game controllers click add controller, and then edit. you can then configure your mappings. the panel on the right represents the controller functions the game will see. just close it when you are happy with your mappings. you can then save the configuration. click start to activate the virtual controller. after that you can minimize it and run mw5. your controls should work.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 November 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:11 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 26 November 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

Sad part this is a demo not a beta test. There isnt time to fix test and release another build. This will be what's going live. Best you can hope for is a patch maybe before they go on break but mostlikly next year.

So if you really want a joystick and can't wait I would buy one that is supported.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 November 2019 - 06:13 PM.

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 November 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Sad part this is a demo not a beta test. There isnt time to fix test and release another build. This will be what's going live. Best you can hope for is a patch maybe before they go on break but mostlikly next year.

So if you really want a joystick and can't wait I would buy one that is supported.

most of the people who are pissed are the ones with really expensive hotas setups. getting one of the 3 supported sticks is a downgrade. this is also gonna screw over simpit builders.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 November 2019 - 08:09 PM.

#9 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

Can someone explain this to me? I have a Thrustmaster T16000 FCS joystick. It works just fine in MWO. MWO and MW5 are from the same company, right? Do they have separate Devs? Don't they talk to each other? If the joystick or controller works in MWO, then they must know how to support it, right? Wouldn't they assume that a large part of their customer base for MW5 would be coming from MWO? And if so, at a minimum, they should have the same device support in MW5 as in MWO?

I must be missing something here. Can anyone explain it to me?

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:10 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 27 November 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

Can someone explain this to me? I have a Thrustmaster T16000 FCS joystick. It works just fine in MWO. MWO and MW5 are from the same company, right? Do they have separate Devs? Don't they talk to each other? If the joystick or controller works in MWO, then they must know how to support it, right? Wouldn't they assume that a large part of their customer base for MW5 would be coming from MWO? And if so, at a minimum, they should have the same device support in MW5 as in MWO?

I must be missing something here. Can anyone explain it to me?

they got rid of the guy who wrote most of the code for mwo a long time ago.

#11 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:41 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 27 November 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

they got rid of the guy who wrote most of the code for mwo a long time ago.

Did he take the code with him?

#12 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:02 PM

Did some googling and found some Unreal engined game with joystick support

https://itch.io/game...h-unreal-engine

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:34 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 27 November 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

i wouldn't doubt it. if not its probably so buried in spaghetti that a clean port is impossible.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 November 2019 - 11:34 PM.

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 27 November 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Most the coders sitting behind a desk willing to work for pgi wages were children when this engine came out. They don't know it. There is a reason they went with unreal for mw5. It wasn't because it was cheaper that's for sure.

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:57 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 28 November 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

Most the coders sitting behind a desk willing to work for pgi wages were children when this engine came out. They don't know it. There is a reason they went with unreal for mw5. It wasn't because it was cheaper that's for sure.

free engine licencing was part of their deal with epic, they didn't pay a dime for unreal.

#16 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:31 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 28 November 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

free engine licencing was part of their deal with epic, they didn't pay a dime for unreal.

Waving the royalties on the engine and still forcing a store fee of 12 percent is still paying for it.It would have been 5 percent (off the top)if they went to steam.

Seeing they planned on giving everyone a steam key at the start i can hope to say they didn't plan on doing this an yway. They most likly picked unreal because it has a fast development cycle.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 November 2019 - 04:34 AM.

#17 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

My basic $30 Thrustmaster non Hotas with USB connection doesn't work at all. Which JS are supported? This is ******** they should have made this clear when they sold the game.

#18 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Has anyone tried the game using CH Pro Pedals to steer?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

#19 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 28 November 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

My basic $30 Thrustmaster non Hotas with USB connection doesn't work at all. Which JS are supported? This is ******** they should have made this clear when they sold the game.

see my joystick thread

View PostCFC Conky, on 28 November 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

Has anyone tried the game using CH Pro Pedals to steer?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

yes, yes i have. you should check out my joystick thread. i think the XOutput software im using supports stick combining.

sorry im ********.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 November 2019 - 01:20 PM.

#20 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Ok so I installed those programs and see my T.Flight Stick X in Xoutput but it still doesn't work in game... Any suggestions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users