Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Is Out Now!

122 replies to this topic

#101 sparkomech66

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:33 AM

Loving MW5M, best fun I have had with the franchise in over 3 years. This is the game I have waited for. Mods for the game should easily make this the best version built to date. Haters are going to hate no matter what. This game is a blast. Looking forward to PGI putting out some additional DLC especially clan.

#102 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:46 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 15 December 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

Are you sure you are a 30 years battletech fan? Tanks have always been that small, and in the original battletech / citytech rules were melee attacks. We always walked on tanks in older games.

Physics was never a strong point point in the BATTLETECH universe and even less so in the games.

#103 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:32 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 15 December 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Physics was never a strong point point in the BATTLETECH universe and even less so in the games.

Ehm ... Battletech and any sign of rational phenomenon? :D Mechs are invented by 6 year old child or even younger(NO ONE mech is able to even just walk nor turning around in kinematic manner and therefore it is very visible and ugly looking).
"Stomping" with 25 ton mech over, just an example, the 50 ton tank is nonsense aswell thanks to irelevancy. This light mech will not harm that so heavy and much much more stable tank anyway. And how somebody metioned already, Atlas(100t) enough height to do it but still ... why? There is very good and rational reason why battle tank in common way looks like it is looking ... its shape is determining its strength in the fight. Of course I do not mention any other type of war machines to compare it.
Even original authors of Battletech never ever played with rational basic conditions but today's game companies who have enough features to be able to imagine and try out any influencies between elements? And still there is too much very visible stupid so called "solutions". And on this field PGI shines on top. This company is personalisation of incopetency and extremmely bad aesthetic sense ...

PS: at summary, there would be good just to use the brain just a bit and many people would not look to this game as funny freakshow ...

#104 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:56 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 14 December 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

450W is a bit low for a modern PC. There are utilities out there that can underclock your CPU but that is not a good idea. As long as you don't have multiple mechanical hard drives that 450W might get you by. Your i3 is probably the weak point of your system, that is a low-end cpu.

I ended up having to exchange it for a 1060 as it has a lower power requirement with just a 6 pin rather than a 8+6. All works good now

Cheers for the advice.

#105 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:05 PM

So I finished the game today...now it is getting boring as hell!

The pros:
Nice design.
Movement feels great...assaults can actually look down and fight of lights.
No or only few overpowered builds.

The cons:
Not enough mission types.
Timeline counts way beyond the clan invasion without them showing up.
Lance mates are dumb as fudge.
Tanks and Airunits are just canon fodder.
Mechlab should be like in MWO this new mess is a 1 on 1 copy from the
Battletech strategy game and not even remotely correct/canon.

#106 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:52 PM

GREAT JOB!!!
I bought it becouse of respect for those who give sweat and time for this enjoy.

Sow pirate's day after of announced, but I bought it.

If you make MWO from this engine and with this precision, that will be happiness!

Inside the ship is SHI.. Character is sliding od far and... So bad.
But TITAN battle is so good and better than in MWO.

THANX!

BUT...
I have plenty of ERRORS...

#107 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

All crying , ok manys ;) to procedual terrain , now we have it ,and with it comes problems .the enemys must spawn next to teh player, when in a other Map-Terrainfile he has problems with the wayfinding (like you own Teammates thats hungs in terrain to much) , tahts the problem , liek a Empty Minimap with only a white field, while the engine can not created a 2D mappic for it in each way, thast all the problems, like te sterotyp terrain and generic objects when not use handcrafted maps, with for this Maps scripted Units and handcrafted Missions.
Artificial intelligence cannot yet paint a mona Lisa...

who the Union Dropships from the fist Demo????

#108 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:08 PM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 15 December 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Mechlab should be like in MWO

And hello 6PPC stalkers again and ghost heat in later patches... Seriously? :D
No! Mechlab actually perfect and MWO must have this mechlab as soon as possible!

#109 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:47 AM

That is not what I was talking about.
I don't want more hartpoints on mechs or the option to change reactors.
I meant that I want a Canon version of the Mechlab where you can see xl reactors in the sidetorsos., endosteel and ferro which is not the case at the moment.
And it should not be possible to put a ppc in the ct at all cause ppc occupies 3 slots and you only have 2 free slots in the ct by all legal rules.

#110 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:10 AM

Reading through these pages got me thinking, that one of the reasons to go to Epic was that store doesn't have user reviews. Posted Image Posted Image

#111 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:22 AM

Can we hope for a christmas event in MWO? - Guess not.

#112 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:53 AM

Ok, nice. fun. all good.
mw5 got its own website, please take the announcements and discussion over there, until there is a standalone client.
i aint getting e-"whatever its name" even if i have a valid preorder for just one game.
and now, let me play mwo. shooo shooo. kch kch. off my lawn.

#113 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:24 PM

View PostRinkata Prime, on 15 December 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

And hello 6PPC stalkers again and ghost heat in later patches... Seriously? Posted Image
No! Mechlab actually perfect and MWO must have this mechlab as soon as possible!

Abso-f***ing-lutely not. You want to further compress the list of good 'Mechs and the level of replayability in MWO? The MW5 lab is how you do that.

#114 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:50 PM

View PostRinkata Prime, on 15 December 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

And hello 6PPC stalkers again and ghost heat in later patches... Seriously? Posted Image

Yeah, Cicada with max armor at 42 tons in a 40t mech with no weapons installed, an holy sake of varieties. MW5 mechlab is so good you cannot use half of the chassis in the game due the overwhelming swarm of enemies in every mission, lack of armor or firepower result in a quick loss.

#115 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:20 AM

So ive heard report's of FPS drops in game and I'm getting it too. The graphics can look great in the dropship and achieve a decent steady 63fps but when you get into a match that figure lowers slightly and when the shooting starts one of two things happens either your fps halves (ish) or you get a lot of lag/stutter. An acquaintance said he's getting the same even with an expensive GPU.

Turning smooth frame rate off actually makes fps jump but makes it even worse when combat starts and even turning effects to low doesn't seem to fix it.

Weirdly why do the mechs look blury and blotchy in the mechlab compared to the sharp crisp ones in the dropship

Also why does the game look **** on anything lower than high anti-aliasing?

Edited by mad kat, 18 December 2019 - 03:24 AM.

#116 Povilas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

hello, then they fix zoom in mouse sensitivity ? simple and very very annoying bug. for example: no zoom - my mouse sensitivity is normal, then zoom in - the sensitivity is greatly reduced. GrrrrrRrrrrrr

Edited by Povilas, 19 December 2019 - 11:29 AM.

#117 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:28 AM

Weird, I've never had trouble with another game randomly crashing except MWO but the frequency is rare compared to MW5 Mercs, anyone else experiencing similar issues? I didn't notice a forum on the MW5 website so I guess I'll just post my frustrations here? Centurion training over and over again doesn't make for a fun game.

*edit*
I guess I can play single player scenarios but wanted to play the campaign. I'm not really disappointed, half expected this kind of thing for a percentage of the people that bought it.

Edited by Smoked, 25 December 2019 - 10:55 AM.

#118 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:36 PM

View PostAlreech, on 11 December 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Maybe it is easier to use a mapping tool to "emulate" a X-Box Controller with the joystick.
https://parithi.com/...al-1436f89bf8e0

It's seems also that is is impossible to map Buttons like the "Mouse Wheel Button" via the options. Posted Image
Looks like the new Unreal Engine Coders for Mechwarrior 5 are even worse than the Cry Engine Coders for MWO... Posted Image

Thanks @Alreech

emulate xbox controller..... very confusing, give up.

I missed the mouse wheel up as fire group 3 and mouse wheel down as fire group 4 for ultra autocannons as well as chain fire SRM in quick succession....... so need it back !!! seems like I might need to submit ticket in hope they solve it/add such function just like how we can do with MWO.

In fact, they should let both MWO and MW5 controls be synced like google chrome, that would be perfect !!!

#119 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

For those of you reading this post looking for some insight, you should know that you may experience some difficulty if you are used to piloting your chassis with a joystick.
They have released two patches so far and many people are still having controller configuration issues.
Apparently, this game does not support USB controllers natively even though they work perfectly for MWO.
Their 'fix' is to have you attempt to modify a config file to try and get your controller axis's and buttons to be recognized by the game.
Welcome to 1995.
Peace

#120 Toddasaurus

• Pip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

Jeez, apparently I'm in the minority in that I loved MW5. It really reminded me of MW2:Mercs, and that is a great thing! Also, the mercenary unit management, mission types, and travel was very similar to the first 3D MechWarrior, which also is a good thing. I loved the story, and the gameplay is fantastic. Sure there are some minor bugs, but none that have hampered my enjoyment of the game. If there was anything I could want more are to include exciting cutscenes in-between big, story dependent missions, that illustrate the story even more (like they did in previous MechWarrior games), but it's still great as it is! I think PGI did exactly what I was hoping for in MW5, and I hope they come out with some expansions that both expand upon the timeline and tech, along with adding competitive play to supercede MWO.

Well done, PGI. Some people will always be whiners and complain about everything, it's too bad so many of them congregate to the Battletech universe.

Edited by Toddasaurus, 06 January 2020 - 08:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users