#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:52 AM

AVAILABLE NOW ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!
PURCHASE MW5 HERE

COMMUNITY PREORDER HOLDERS
You can grab your Key from your MW5 Profile now!
Redeem your Key in the Epic Games Launcher

LAUNCH DAY INTEL

NEED HELP?
Contact Support

#2 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:01 AM

Booooooom !!!

#3 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:07 AM

I lost internet for 6 months, got it back just for this. Come to find out you switched to Epic for launch, wish you would have stuck with steam. Epic is a huge pile of steaming surat dung that turns my PC into a potato when I launch it.

Other than that, can't wait for it to finish installing so I can stomp some mech. Really excited!!

Edit:

I downloaded and played 12 hours. Here's my review of your new game. I like it. Your script writing is not great(character dialog, ect). There are bugs, graphics glitches, ect. Combat: GREAT! Makes up for any other problems. A good attempt, and I look forward to some patching, but I am happy with this.

Edited by StonedDead, 11 December 2019 - 09:58 AM.

#4 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:16 AM

https://www.gamestar...st,3352214.html

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

I hope that this third attempt at MechWarrior 5 will be successful.

#6 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:01 PM

10 years waiting for this..........

#7 Taron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:18 PM

Well, i played the first Part of the Story. And i like MW5!

#8 Shamoth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:11 PM

Installed, tested, looks like crap at Vega64 at 8 or 10bpc. First cutscene with dropship approaching planet is full of burnt pixels. Ambient occlusion or shading looks like moire or some kind of mesh no matter max or low gfx settings. GJ PGI i hope i wont have to wait another 6 months for AMD optimizations. And yes especially for MW5 i have done clean OS installation with newest drivers and no other game looks so bad...

#9 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

https://www.windowsc...cenaries-review

Enough said...

#10 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

Ye, seems like its MWO 2.0. A solid basis for a great game and thats about it, repetetiv and boring with decent looks. Shame, but the mods... I wish i could sell a MVP and tell my costumers to wait for others to fix it.

#11 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostOberost, on 10 December 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

So, pretty much echoes my MW:O experience. :P

#12 frozen9999

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

Some gameplay from beginning

#13 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Ok now I'm asking Piranha a serious question so I can take appropriate action.

This is a website about MWO, this annoucement section is about MWO as seen at the top:

Posted Image

I understand you wanted to promote MW5 with fans of MWO in the last months but now that MW5 is out and that everyone here knows about it and that there is a dedicated website (https://mw5mercs.com/) will you stop talk/post/promote/discuss about it here?

It's been a year like this and I think time have come to have this mwomercs.com website MWO related only. I don't want to be mean, just get the facts. I'm about to unsubscribe to stop receiving MWO emails but wanted to ask first what your plan is. It could benefit to everyone here to share your opinion here.

Best Regards

#14 Jhondra

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:35 PM

So, not only did they try to "recreate" the old 20th century feel of MW2, but they returned to text editing your HOTAS joystick config with crap documentation of what anything / convention even means? I mean, what happened to even 3 years ago auto detecting when I press a button in MWO...worked fine? Seriously? I hope the joystick (two hours and counting to try to get *any* buttons to register...yes, I've seen the HOTAS document and it isn't working) setup isn't half way indicative of the rest of the game...provided it is before midnight when I get something working. You guys suck at user experience.

Go into options, click under Joystick to config a button, press the button and it just goes back to not assigned. So, like it is registering I did something, it just won't capture/set the damn button. !$#@!@k. CH Pro Throttle USB. Works fine in MWO. I've edited the HOTAS file like 1,035 times, changing all possible values between joystick and throttle button maps, I *have* the correct VIN / PID (at least I finally got the axis moving me forward and back). And like I said, it *is* registering presses of buttons when I press something. It just doesn't "capture" anything and is like it is clearing the setting.

Edited by Jhondra, 10 December 2019 - 08:54 PM.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:51 PM

I have the exact same problem as I did with the MW5 demo. I cannot map the Scroll Up and Down to any function. The Scroll functions work in the menu and to whatever it is bound by default in the game (zoom in and out) but if I try to bind it to another function, the game doesn't detect it at all.

Seriously, PGI, wtf? Do I need to edit my controls with Notepad ++?

#16 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:39 PM

my thoughts on the first hour:
-wait, what? this is the main splash screen? SAME as beta?!.... dickbut has better resolution than this ****.

-WHAT IS WRONG WITH NPC's?! they look like mechs themselves!!

-the ui... it made it to launch...

-So many artifacts and glitches...

-this is the 4th planet... still no recruits.

This is accurate AF
ttps://www.windowsc...cenaries-review

Edited by Cypherdrene, 10 December 2019 - 08:40 PM.

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

this useful news page should be on https://mw5mercs.com/, but it is not. hmmmmmmm

#18 Jhondra

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 December 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

I have the exact same problem as I did with the MW5 demo. I cannot map the Scroll Up and Down to any function. The Scroll functions work in the menu and to whatever it is bound by default in the game (zoom in and out) but if I try to bind it to another function, the game doesn't detect it at all.

Seriously, PGI, wtf? Do I need to edit my controls with Notepad ++?

...apparently...sigh. When the documentation says to open control panel, and get the VIN and PID HEX addresses out and paste those in a text file...yeah...User Acceptance Testing is apparently not something PGI cares about. So much for post Windows 3.11 and DirectX autodetect. Fail, PGI.

#19 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

Its a real shame.I pretty much knew it would be oh so very so-so at best.But I really was hoping it would do well,but too many typical shady PGI things happened.Its like management cant help itself and needs to lie.There are a lot of great people that work hard at PGI and deserve our support. Managment however does not .

#20 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:56 PM

i went ahead and linked the joystick mapping manual at the top of my joystick workaround thread. with a big disclaimer not to use the methods used for the beta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users