#21 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

View PostOberost, on 10 December 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

They say that Titanfall II is a better MECH game, so right there the author proves that they have no idea what a good MECH game is. I understand that it is the writer's opinion, so they are entitled to not be exited about the game though. I have not been able to play it yet, but it looks to me like it is going to be a FPS version of HBS BATTLETECH, which is fine with me and I will judge for myself if the story is even close to as good and the characters as interesting as the story and characters in HBS BATTLETECH.

#22 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 December 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

but it looks to me like it is going to be a FPS version of HBS BATTLETECH, which is fine with me and I will judge for myself if the story is even close to as good and the characters as interesting as the story and characters in HBS BATTLETECH.

I've had the same feeling since playing the demo. Even the mechlab UI is pretty much similar to Battletech except in MW5, we can switch to a detailed view (which is the default view in Battletech). I'm pretty sure the mods are what's going to make this game thoroughly enjoyable. I'm currently playing Battletech vanilla with Heavy Metal DLC whenever I get some time during the weekend and I find it quite lacklustre and that's mostly 'cause I've become addicted to Roguetech. Either way, yeah, if MW5 serves one basic purpose of making a FPS mechwarrior game good from the ground up, then we could have some fun with it. Apart for the initial problems with key-mapping, shadow quality, etc., the core "big-stompy-robots-make-things-go-boom" has been retained.

#23 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:47 PM

Howdy,

Need help and advice to make the LEGs turn left or right using the Throttle's RUDDER.

i.e. I used Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle's rudder successfully as well as TWCS to turn the leg.

But can't find RUDDER in settings in MW5. Only see joystick axis 1,2,3,4,5, throttle axis 1,2,3,4,5 and I tried them all, not working on LEG.

The torso keep turning left or right when I use the throttle's RUDDER. Which is duplicated with the mouse. i.e. the mouse already turn the torso left or right, hence we could use the throttle's RUDDER to turn the legs.

Anyone knows how to solve? thanks so much in advance.

I saw this chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://static.mw5mercs.com/docs/MW5HotasRemappingDocumentation.pdf

and noticed this suspected as the RUDDER, Axis:InAxis=RZAxis

but how to code it in properly? need help with this. An example line please? thanks.

Edited by cx5, 10 December 2019 - 10:55 PM.

#24 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 December 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

I've had the same feeling since playing the demo. Even the mechlab UI is pretty much similar to Battletech except in MW5, we can switch to a detailed view (which is the default view in Battletech). I'm pretty sure the mods are what's going to make this game thoroughly enjoyable. I'm currently playing Battletech vanilla with Heavy Metal DLC whenever I get some time during the weekend and I find it quite lacklustre and that's mostly 'cause I've become addicted to Roguetech. Either way, yeah, if MW5 serves one basic purpose of making a FPS mechwarrior game good from the ground up, then we could have some fun with it. Apart for the initial problems with key-mapping, shadow quality, etc., the core "big-stompy-robots-make-things-go-boom" has been retained.

Yes, damn, Roguetech is so addictive, but the ultralag it brings with it, has stopped me from playing BT.
I hope we don't run into the same problems with a "Roguetech" mod for MW5.

But so far I had no crash and everything is running fine on max settings, so fingers crossed, that we'll see something like RT soon Posted Image

#25 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:59 PM

K

#26 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

Well its about time . Now my fave part of virtual game purchases . Sitting with my thumb up my butt while everything downloads..... Posted Image

Yes the Steam is much more friendlier than Epic . On the other hand I do play Fortnite .

Edited by Pain G0D, 10 December 2019 - 11:22 PM.

#27 Samual Kalkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:01 AM

Well, I was interested in playing this, but you did that Epic exclusive. Because of that, you will never get one red cent from me for this game, and. I guess, I will never play it.

#28 Matta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Europe

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:07 AM

Quick question:
MW5 Beta needs to be uninstalled and then official release installed, correct ?

It cannot be "upgraded" from beta to release ?

#29 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:10 AM

- No, both instances can exist on your PC at the same time
- No upgrades, though I noticed, it keeps your settings from the Beta, which is a nice touch

#30 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:16 AM

View PostJhondra, on 10 December 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

So, not only did they try to "recreate" the old 20th century feel of MW2, but they returned to text editing your HOTAS joystick config with crap documentation of what anything / convention even means? I mean, what happened to even 3 years ago auto detecting when I press a button in MWO...worked fine? Seriously? I hope the joystick (two hours and counting to try to get *any* buttons to register...yes, I've seen the HOTAS document and it isn't working) setup isn't half way indicative of the rest of the game...provided it is before midnight when I get something working. You guys suck at user experience.

Go into options, click under Joystick to config a button, press the button and it just goes back to not assigned. So, like it is registering I did something, it just won't capture/set the damn button. !$#@!@k. CH Pro Throttle USB. Works fine in MWO. I've edited the HOTAS file like 1,035 times, changing all possible values between joystick and throttle button maps, I *have* the correct VIN / PID (at least I finally got the axis moving me forward and back). And like I said, it *is* registering presses of buttons when I press something. It just doesn't "capture" anything and is like it is clearing the setting.

Did you put a ticket in with support? I told them my exact HOTAS about a week ago, at the time it wasn't listed as supported. They sent me a response within 12 hours saying they would work on adding it and when I started playing tonight it worked perfectly.

#31 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:32 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 December 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

I actually love BATTLETECH and play it quite a bit. I play Ironman and try to beat my score each time and that keeps things interesting. The sim / unit management aspect of MW5 and BATTLETECH is probably what turns off most players who just want an "action" FPS or RTS.

#32 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:48 AM

In the cooperative play, why not allow each players to buy / configure their own mechs and request approval from host instead of having only the host buy / configure mechs?

#33 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:56 AM

View PostBelkor, on 11 December 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

In the cooperative play, why not allow each players to buy / configure their own mechs and request approval from host instead of having only the host buy / configure mechs?

In Campaign co-op, the game progression only affects the Host. That's probably why. They could've done it like what you're saying and make it more akin to Dark Souls.

#34 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostOberost, on 10 December 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Yep, i like it so far BUT for sure NOT "the Mechwarriorgame we all dreamed bout" as usual the needed minimum done

Edited by Mighty Spike, 11 December 2019 - 01:59 AM.

#35 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:12 AM

Been enjoying the Campaign so far
Spears Guy sounds like moi ole Loremasster Areyese Kerensky
Dat you!

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 11 December 2019 - 03:15 AM.

#36 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:22 AM

ever wondered what it would be like to play MWO with half-witted bots?

welcome to mw5

#37 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:22 AM

View PostKotzi, on 10 December 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

Ye, seems like its MWO 2.0. A solid basis for a great game and that's about it, repetitive and boring with decent looks. Shame, but the mods... I wish i could sell a MVP and tell my costumers to wait for others to fix it.

Sad.. but really, after the original MW 4/Mercs came out (and computers were just starting to become more common in the household) what really made things satisfying was the multiplayer aspect of it (not coop) /coughs.. like MWO... even though MW 4/Mercs weren't balanced around that aspect of it..

More to add...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 December 2019 - 04:26 AM.

#38 BrotherEJ

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:26 AM

Either some of you are lying, just trolls, you have not played the game or your PC is from 2006. I not sure we are playing the same game. Boring and repetitive? I haven't run into that yet. It's got some graphic problems with everything turned up but nothing game breaking or that noticeable. The npc's are a little stiff but they are just for moving the story along.

I would like better commands for my robot teammates. All in all it's a great game PGI did a great job. I think PGI doing a great job is what pisses the negative people off.

Anyway Cheers and see you all in game ;)

#39 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:41 AM

I’m in shock. Why didn’t PGI just add bots to MWO. MW5 is a complete lateral if not slightly downward move. Very disappointed

#40 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:27 AM

1.Congratulations on release!
2.In the end taking Epic offer was the best way, even if myself I want to have it on Steam.
3.About the review posted before, I played titanfall2 which I loved the game but in terms of "mechs" that's not even one, its like HL2 dog, the reviewrs are damn clueless and saying "there's better games out there to pilot mechs" just shows their sheer stupidity.
4.Still about the reviews; so the story is bland as predicted, that and much more content can be worked on and, imo, the essential that was the gameplay was nailed.
(I must admit, as cheesy as it was, I loved seeing the real life actors talking in game in mw4)

ps. mw5 lasers are so transparent, especially compared to mwo, am I the only one who find it hard to adapt to that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users