Fatal Error! (Mw5)

92 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:26 AM

Oh for the love of pete!

I installed the full game, my computer is finally purring, got my mulled wine,and everything should be ready for the bestest night in a long time, but then.. as I try to launch MW5..

FATAL ERROR!

I can't launch from desktop, nor from Epic Game launcher, not from anywhere?!

WTF?!

It just gives me a UE4-Mechwarrior 5 mercenaries has crashed and w (cuts off the headline) and then in the window Fatal Error!

Anyone know more?

I already sent a ticket to support.. Posted Image

I am one unhappy camper right now..

Edited by Vellron2005, 13 December 2019 - 12:14 AM.

#2 RangerMNDN

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:21 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 December 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Oh for the love of pete!

I installed the full game, my computer is finally purring, got my mulled wine,and everything should be ready for the bestest night in a long time, but then.. as I try to launch MW5..

FATAL ERROR!

I can't launch from desktop, nor from Epic Game launcher, not from anywhere?!

WTF?!

It just gives me a UE4-Mechwarrior 5 mercenaries has crashed and w (cuts off the headline) and then in the window Fatal Error!

Anyone know more?

I already sent a ticket to support.. Posted Image

I am one unhappy camper right now..

Join the club, I am having the same problem,

#3 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostRangerMNDN, on 10 December 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

Join the club, I am having the same problem,

At least I know it's not "me", it's "them" you know..

Misery loves company..

Thank you for speaking out..

#4 RangerMNDN

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:37 PM

Thanks, I sent in a support ticket as well i have also tried it after installing new NVidea DRivers still no go.

#5 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostRangerMNDN, on 10 December 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Thanks, I sent in a support ticket as well i have also tried it after installing new NVidea DRivers still no go.

Support sent me a link with the latest drivers for my card, I installed, still no fix..

#6 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

Played for around 5hours, everything on max, no problems, great Job, I like it!

#7 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

Some people seem to be running into this.

You can try running from the executable itself or other odds and ends like running though a full directx install from redist files or from Microsoft website.

Really, it would help to have an error from a log of either the game logs if it provides them, dxdiag and see if its listed, or Windows event viewer. That should cut down on the possibilities and maybe even get it resolved quickly instead of just playing around.

#8 Kifter

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:20 PM

Having the same issue 'The UE4-MW5Mercs Game has crashed and will...' - 'Fatal error!'

Where are the game logs located?

I've purchased through the Epic Store which will not allow the game to be launched through the MechWarrior.exe or MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe file - 'Could not verify production ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection.'

#9 Kifter

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:28 PM

Just found the following is contained within the copy/paste buffer when the game crashes:
Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW

0x00007ff6bf48cfd8 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc93b945 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc93e5d8 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc94b139 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bd5636c2 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bd563541 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffd5fc463ed USER32.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffd5fc45de2 USER32.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bd56a044 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6be1c2f77 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc9f2e36 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bce0eabc MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6be8bc062 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6be8b9402 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6be47142f MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc8cc14e MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc8c3faf MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc8d088a MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bc8d10c0 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff6bf48d1de MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffd60ca7bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffd61a4ced1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

#10 Kifter

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

*** Not the solution - read the next post ***

Just got my game to work. Maybe this will help others. After downloading 'MechWarrior 5 Mercenaires' from the Epic Game Store and launching the game I got the fatal error problem described here. I noticed that in my Epic Games Store library there was a 'MechWarrior 5 Content' item. I download and installed that as well. Weirdly it was reporting itself to be 18 bytes in size. I tried clicking on it and it just opened a folder on my computer. I thought nothing of it.

I tried a few more things and almost gave up. After a friend reported he had just downloaded and run the game without issue I started asking him if he had installed this 'MechWarrior 5 Content' thing and he said no. I then uninstalled it and as if by magic that seemed to fix my issue. It's still not clear what the 'MechWarrior 5 Content' item is for... apart from perhaps breaking the game?

Edited by Kifter, 10 December 2019 - 03:12 PM.

#11 Kifter

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

No, it wasn't that. I've just figured it out for sure as I can trigger the error at will. The issue is caused by my Saitek PZ35 rudder peddles (USB). The game can start up with them plugged in as long as I don't touch them. The moment I touched the immediate I got the fatal error dialog. I've unplugged the device and the game starts and works fine.

My advice to anyone experiencing this issue is to try unplugging all controllers and see if you still have the issue. Hopefully you won't then you can just plug them back in one at a time moving them round until you find the culprit.

#12 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

There is a repair tool in the epic games launcher - might be worth running that to see if your install is corrupted. I had to do this with the beta and it fixed the problem.

#13 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:21 AM

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Just found the following is contained within the copy/paste buffer when the game crashes:
Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW

0x00007ff6bf48cfd8 MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

No, it wasn't that. I've just figured it out for sure as I can trigger the error at will. The issue is caused by my Saitek PZ35 rudder peddles (USB). The game can start up with them plugged in as long as I don't touch them. The moment I touched the immediate I got the fatal error dialog. I've unplugged the device and the game starts and works fine.

My advice to anyone experiencing this issue is to try unplugging all controllers and see if you still have the issue. Hopefully you won't then you can just plug them back in one at a time moving them round until you find the culprit.

Good to see you got it figured out because the log stuff you got there wasn't of good quality.

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:39 AM

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

*** Not the solution - read the next post ***

Just got my game to work. Maybe this will help others. After downloading 'MechWarrior 5 Mercenaires' from the Epic Game Store and launching the game I got the fatal error problem described here. I noticed that in my Epic Games Store library there was a 'MechWarrior 5 Content' item. I download and installed that as well. Weirdly it was reporting itself to be 18 bytes in size. I tried clicking on it and it just opened a folder on my computer. I thought nothing of it.

I tried a few more things and almost gave up. After a friend reported he had just downloaded and run the game without issue I started asking him if he had installed this 'MechWarrior 5 Content' thing and he said no. I then uninstalled it and as if by magic that seemed to fix my issue. It's still not clear what the 'MechWarrior 5 Content' item is for... apart from perhaps breaking the game?

The content for standard game is game soundtrack in mp3 format.. Its music files. That's what the folder contains. I don't know why I had to "install" that. I will try copying the files and uninstalling it, see if it helps.

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

All I have installed in my USBs is my keyboard, mouse and gaming headset's LED function. Nothing else.

If I unplug the keyboard and mouse, I have to restart the computer for them to work again. What am I supposed to unplug?

Don't have any joysticks or controllers... and I still can't run the friggin game.

I'm seriously getting frustrated here..

I mean, can we just, FOR ONCE, just frigin' ONCE get something that PGI made without ANY bugs or major fallacies in it?

Its just like MWO - every patch has an inevitable hotfix a day or two after.

Well PGI, here's a news flash. You CAN'T do that with a singleplayer game!

Geez..

I'm gonna stop writing now.. otherwise I just might smash up my keyboard here.. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:01 AM

Dumb question , I know, but have you tried unplugging your headset?

#16 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:10 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 December 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

Dumb question , I know, but have you tried unplugging your headset?

Actually no, I have not.

The Headset has 3 plugs.. 3,5mm jack for mic, 3,5mm jack for speakers, and USB jack to make the glowy red bits make feel good.

They all work fine in every other program, including MWO and MW5 beta.

Although, MWO is famously bugged in that if you are running sound on speakers and you plug in the headset, you have to restart the game client or loose sound.

I am most certainly desperate enough to try it when I get the chance, but if THAT is what's causing a game to not launch then PGI may as well just call it quits, cose' that would be the stupidest bug in human history.

I will try it tho.. :/

#17 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:17 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 11 December 2019 - 06:10 AM, said:

Actually no, I have not.

The Headset has 3 plugs.. 3,5mm jack for mic, 3,5mm jack for speakers, and USB jack to make the glowy red bits make feel good.

They all work fine in every other program, including MWO and MW5 beta.

Although, MWO is famously bugged in that if you are running sound on speakers and you plug in the headset, you have to restart the game client or loose sound.

I am most certainly desperate enough to try it when I get the chance, but if THAT is what's causing a game to not launch then PGI may as well just call it quits, cose' that would be the stupidest bug in human history.

I will try it tho.. :/

So it's PGI's fault, that your "weird" Hardware config doesn't work right?
LoL?

#18 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:19 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 11 December 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

So it's PGI's fault, that your "weird" Hardware config doesn't work right?
LoL?

What's weird about a plug-and-play gaming headset in 2019? It's not like its some next level VR 3D goggles stuff.. it's.. a headset.

THAT being weird is like saying your car won't start because you installed a baby car seat..

#19 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:36 AM

Vellron, did you try the repair tool in the EGL? Worked for me on the beta. Just saying.

#20 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:02 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 11 December 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

THAT being weird is like saying your car won't start because you installed a baby car seat..

No, but under your logic: It's 2019 and I need a baby car seat with LED.... Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users