#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:24 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 13 December 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Issue I'm currently having is how bad the AI is, my lancemates trash their 'Mechs each and every mission because they ignore my orders to fall into formation. Sometimes I have had a friendly on the other side of the map getting owned by who knows what because they didn't follow my orders. So frustrating.

Considering that they can teleport to you, perhaps instead of "Follow me", you should try "Go to location" or "Attack my target" (your target being something that is not what they're currently fighting). If the AI gets engaged by a bunch of enemies it can't focus, so you can force it to ignore how it reacts to enemy fire by forcing a target.

Go to location, if it's near you but far from them, can cause them to teleport if you then look away from both where they actually are and where you want them to go.

Keep in mind, they won't teleport if the destination is within 1,400 meters.

My first teleport happened at slightly over 2,000 meters due to the AI being stuck; couldn't get them unstuck so I abandoned the AI and when I got into a fight, (Star Trek teleporter whirl) "Oh there you are!"

#22 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:18 AM

One detail I like is when you use JJs and turn 180 while in the air and then land, you don't immediately start traveling in the direction you're facing as you must wait a moment to regain your momentum from the direction you were traveling in the air.

#23 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:33 AM

just get all the DHS you need by buying hero mechs and selling them after removing the DHS and other lostech....

pretty broken

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:43 AM

View PostNightbird, on 14 December 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

just get all the DHS you need by buying hero mechs and selling them after removing the DHS and other lostech....

pretty broken

Speaking of which, how did you get some hero mechs?
Sounds like you just found them in a store.
What year was it?

(Also sounds like something else I gotta fix...yay...)

#25 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:18 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 December 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

Speaking of which, how did you get some hero mechs?
Sounds like you just found them in a store.
What year was it?

(Also sounds like something else I gotta fix...yay...)

Industry hubs that have the hero mech icon on them, you can find them on day 1.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:23 AM

View PostNightbird, on 14 December 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

*Facepalm.*
(Really PGI?)
So much for hero variants meaning something.

#27 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 December 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

*Facepalm.*
(Really PGI?)

Yeah, but how do you have enough cbills on day one?
Smells like using stuff to get money early, which destroys the immersion of building a unit on your own, well played...

Koni, instead of bashing more and more about the game, how far is your mod? Can we expect your "intelligent AI" and fixes for the whole broken game anytime soon?

It's getting boring to read the same few sentences in EVERY thread...

I thought a great mod will change so much into something much better?

#28 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:13 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 13 December 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

...Also had to re-design hard-points, and again after they announced the small medium large crossover compatibility (putting a small weapon into a large slot)...

Just a short question about this. As far I know in the Demo the Hardpoints were limited. You could put in a small laser into a Large Energy slot, but not the other way arround. Are there still limited hardpoints in the final version??

#29 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:48 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 14 December 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

Just a short question about this. As far I know in the Demo the Hardpoints were limited. You could put in a small laser into a Large Energy slot, but not the other way arround. Are there still limited hardpoints in the final version??

Yes.

#30 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:21 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 13 December 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Close up on the Warrior VTOL, a quite small model in game.

Posted Image

Looks like a combo of ka-50, mi-28 and a Tiger.

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:22 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 14 December 2019 - 03:28 AM, said:

Yeah, but how do you have enough cbills on day one?
Smells like using stuff to get money early, which destroys the immersion of building a unit on your own, well played...

Koni, instead of bashing more and more about the game, how far is your mod? Can we expect your "intelligent AI" and fixes for the whole broken game anytime soon?

It's getting boring to read the same few sentences in EVERY thread...

I thought a great mod will change so much into something much better?

PGI has MW5's editor locked. You can try to open the editor yourself.
As such I cannot do a ******* thing until they get off their ****** and unlock it.
For now I can just pre-plan and assess what needs to be done.

Edit -- seriously I had to censor a simple cuss word myself? Wouldn't be the first time.
(See below.)

Also second edit:
The point of bashing that poor decision is most of that lost tech is extinct unless you are raiding some of Marik's deeper caches (they wouldn't sell it to you) or stealing it from Comstar. Also many of the heroes that have this technology are out of era due to coming later in the timeline. For example Misery doesn't exist until after 3028.
Pretty Baby didn't get renowned until 3025.
The Boar's Head, most likely intended to be Captain Danielle Rondema's modified Atlas D, is a Wolf's Dragoons Atlas that doesn't see service until after 3028 in the same battle from which the Misery becomes heroic.

My point is most of the heroes with the advanced technology are close to 3025+, 10 years after you start, with still more not existing until after 3035 with some being out of time completely in 3052+.
Now I could understand certain heroes that actually existed before 3015 and there are a couple of them. People would make copies of them, possibly even emulating some of that lost tech.

But the obstacle of money shouldn't allow completely ignoring the lore of the heroes or the tech they have. They should have been prizes to be earned. Bosses to be fought. Things to be discovered, like the wreckage of a fallen hero (as many of these heroes canonically die during the time we're playing).

Edited by Koniving, 14 December 2019 - 05:45 AM.

#32 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 December 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

*Facepalm.*
(Really PGI?)

err dont hurry. Those lostech variants are mad expensive. AS-7D cost me like 9 mil CB. The Wolverine HERO costs 11 mil CB.
The Hero assault with lostech installed will be like 20+ mil CB.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 14 December 2019 - 05:29 AM.

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:29 AM

Posted Image

For progress despite PGI's hinderance and blockade, check the mod page on my signature for the discovery of fully functioning Infantry (in terms of animations, weapon, etc) for both rifle and rocket infantry.

All of which have no AI, and a comment by a possible bushy-tailed rodent (think Doug from Up, if you get the reference you know what I mean and if you don't, well NDA) passing on a conversation with one of the Devs saying the Dev is pushing for infantry but it wasn't included due to serious performance issues, after which I describe exactly what those issues are because I'm well aware as a 3d modeller (that their infantry model which you can see on the leopard) has far too many polygons to be practical (nearly as many as the mechs) (so each individual soldier would have the same rendering burden as a battlemech, now imagine 40 or 50 battlemechs on your screen and the slowdown it would cause if there was 40 or 50 tiny 'mechs' aka infantry on your screen, each using its own AI). Thus also having seen some of their AI, I'm equally aware that they are not using a particularly efficient means of doing it for mass groups of soldiers. So after that I follow up with two ways of going about it to be far more cost-effective in both rendering and CPU performance...and the issues of each method as well.

One could allow hundreds of people on the screen with the CPU and rendering performance costs of of 1/10th of what PGI's current infantry would likely have been based on what we can see of the infantry model, but we would be robbed of individual soldiers instead they would perform and act as crowds or squads, with a high skill needed for their animations due to them actually being entities or units masquarading as 2, 5, 12, etc. "fake individuals".

The other method would allow them to be individuals but would require two tier AI, the most basic AI possible for the actual infantry soldiers and then a controlling AI coordinating them like "Overwatch/HQ" does for the Halflife 2 soldiers, except unlike Half-life 2's "Overwatch" command where it's an illusion and the actual soldier AI is working together, here we'd need the overwatch/HQ command to be real and commanding the soldiers like a real-time-strategy player, and the actual soldier AI working together be the illusion we're portraying (since they're all governed by a single higher tier AI and aren't actually individually intelligent by any means.).

Edited by Koniving, 14 December 2019 - 05:57 AM.

#34 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

View PostNightbird, on 14 December 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Takes 13 days to travel one jump point so, no you can’t.
Further, it’s random
Further, further they are not cheap and you don’t have that kind of money off the bat.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 December 2019 - 06:30 AM.

#35 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:40 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 December 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Takes 13 days to travel one jump point so, no you can’t.
Further, it’s random
Further, further they are not cheap and you don’t have that kind of money off the bat.

And even FURTHER, you won't find any med/heavy or assault heros when your merc-lvl is low, only maybe a Spider-A.

But there are people in here that just love to talk bs without any proof, just to keep on lying and to tell others how bad the game is, because they got butthurt much…. Posted Image Posted Image

#36 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM

I'm also enjoying the details. The whistle when a ballistic round misses you, the width and breadth of AI in game voice options. Headshots vs kills, the different enemy personalities for every faction, it's good.

For managing allied AI -

I've got to the point I can get 500-1k out of each my teammates and rarely have them get totally rekt. Here's my recipe for success:

Move to location. In fact for defense and warzone and when you're moving and the enemy shows up use a separate move to command for each of them to set a firing line. When they're following you they're far more likely to get back shot. As soon as there's combat stop and secure a position. They'll still move, just not a ton but enough to trigger evasion.

You need to give them mechs tied to their skills. Don't give a guy who caps energy at 3 a Black Knight.

Single shot ballistics and PPCs seem the best. They don't track moving targets super well. They don't use burst fire or lasers at range super well and they don't keep their distance well, so LRMs are iffy at best. SRMs seem solid. My best AI performers are WHR with 2peeps,ML,s SLs, SRM6. Both peeps on one weapon group, all the lasers on another, SRMs on a 3rd. This makes the AI shoot smarter. Also THD with PPC, 3mls and 2xsrm4.

For warzone and defense set them up outside the base in a clear open space, in a firing line, ideally near a cliff. This keeps them from getting drawn into a dogpile and backshot or demolishing the base.

If you're still in lights and mediums with short range stay behind a hill or around a corner but do the same thing.

#37 Gusevich

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:47 AM

Oh, so non-existent AI with boring repetitive 60 second scenarios and non existant story, badly done animations AND non existent MOD FRAMEWORK is fun? Good to know 'cos this ain't it, chief.

so if you can do it better, start modding and proof it

Yeah sure buddy. This is the most childish non-argument that there is. Also i don't have to - it's already done and called MW2/3/4 and MW:LL. BTW so far i don't see that mod friendliness that PGI told you about, so good luck with that.

else, MAYBE, STFU? Posted Image

Yeah, nah mate. You still have that PGI's *** on your face. You are part of the problem.

Edited by Gusevich, 14 December 2019 - 07:50 AM.

#38 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:05 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

I'm also enjoying the details. The whistle when a ballistic round misses you, the width and breadth of AI in game voice options. Headshots vs kills, the different enemy personalities for every faction, it's good.

For managing allied AI -

I've got to the point I can get 500-1k out of each my teammates and rarely have them get totally rekt. Here's my recipe for success:

Move to location. In fact for defense and warzone and when you're moving and the enemy shows up use a separate move to command for each of them to set a firing line. When they're following you they're far more likely to get back shot. As soon as there's combat stop and secure a position. They'll still move, just not a ton but enough to trigger evasion.

You need to give them mechs tied to their skills. Don't give a guy who caps energy at 3 a Black Knight.

Single shot ballistics and PPCs seem the best. They don't track moving targets super well. They don't use burst fire or lasers at range super well and they don't keep their distance well, so LRMs are iffy at best. SRMs seem solid. My best AI performers are WHR with 2peeps,ML,s SLs, SRM6. Both peeps on one weapon group, all the lasers on another, SRMs on a 3rd. This makes the AI shoot smarter. Also THD with PPC, 3mls and 2xsrm4. And he had 40+ skills.

For warzone and defense set them up outside the base in a clear open space, in a firing line, ideally near a cliff. This keeps them from getting drawn into a dogpile and backshot or demolishing the base.

If you're still in lights and mediums with short range stay behind a hill or around a corner but do the same thing.

For allies you want a couple of things.

1) Order them to hold position.

2) The short ranged allies need explicit attack orders in order to close distance and use their weapon effectively. SRM, flamer, machineguns, AC20 etc.

3) Medium to long ranged allies can effectively fight while holding position.

4) Good mercenary skill helps a lot as does good equipment. On one of my campaign missions i had done 2.4k damage in a banshee. my LB10 srm orion buddy did like 1800. That because i was manually ordering him to attack. he had tier 4 LB10 and tier 2+ srm4 on top of it. He had 40+ skills too.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 14 December 2019 - 08:12 AM.

#39 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:06 AM

View PostGusevich, on 14 December 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

Top kek, but the game IS objectively bad. Don't forget to wipe that PGI's *** of your face, mate.

Feel free to go **** on someone else's "Duh I'm Dumb and I think this game is dumb" threads. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh ya, mate.

matey mat matter moo moo muffin pot

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 December 2019 - 08:12 AM.

#40 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Single shot ballistics and PPCs seem the best. They don't track moving targets super well. They don't use burst fire or lasers at range super well and they don't keep their distance well, so LRMs are iffy at best. SRMs seem solid. My best AI performers are WHR with 2peeps,ML,s SLs, SRM6. Both peeps on one weapon group, all the lasers on another, SRMs on a 3rd. This makes the AI shoot smarter. Also THD with PPC, 3mls and 2xsrm4.

Are you sure that the allies use your onw weapon gropuings? whaaat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users