• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:11 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

I'm also enjoying the details. The whistle when a ballistic round misses you

This is so sweet.

View Postlazorbeamz, on 14 December 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Are you sure that the allies use your onw weapon gropuings? whaaat

This brings up a very good question : I wonder how many people think or know that they can alter the groupings of their lance-mates. I always double check to see what their fire patterns are. Also is very cool that this is possible.
Example
*Throws 3 SRM6s and 2 med pulse on a KTO with no heatsinks and all weapons in one group. Wonders why AI lancemate never shoots.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 December 2019 - 08:19 AM.

#42 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:15 AM

Actually the enemy LURM boats are very effective at backpedalling away from you. I wonder how can i do the same strat with my allies? Probably issue an attack order and he will try to keep distance.

It just seems the short and the long builds need manual attack orders for best effectiveness.
I wish this could be automated!

Edited by lazorbeamz, 14 December 2019 - 08:17 AM.

#43 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:36 AM

Or how cool is it that the Independents, Comstar, Outlaws, and Periphery Realms are additional factions on top of the main IS ones?

#44 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 December 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

This is so sweet.

Wait, you sit in a insulated cockpit that is vaccum rated you have all the pumps and moving part around you and you hear a round passing?
That's not sweet that is pretty dumb, so the detail is that they have forgotten to remove t hff at detail from the engine, at least in hope that they have forgotten to remove it, that someone spend time to add this sound let my toe nails roll inwards- outch

#45 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 14 December 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Wait, you sit in a insulated cockpit that is vaccum rated you have all the pumps and moving part around you and you hear a round passing?
That's not sweet that is pretty dumb, so the detail is that they have forgotten to remove t hff at detail from the engine, at least in hope that they have forgotten to remove it, that someone spend time to add this sound let my toe nails roll inwards- outch

It's a 75 mm round, I'd hope that some audio makes it into the cockpit.
On top of that, if it helps I usually notice in 3pv, which makes even more sense that I would have a chance to hear a round passing by.

#46 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 December 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Takes 13 days to travel one jump point so, no you can’t.
Further, it’s random
Further, further they are not cheap and you don’t have that kind of money off the bat.

View PostUnleashed3k, on 14 December 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

And even FURTHER, you won't find any med/heavy or assault heros when your merc-lvl is low, only maybe a Spider-A.

But there are people in here that just love to talk bs without any proof, just to keep on lying and to tell others how bad the game is, because they got butthurt much…. Posted Image Posted Image

Hero mechs come with lostech such as DHS, XL engine (without XL ST death penalty), Endo-Steel, Ferro, and also 0 c-bill mark-up as you pay the same as when lostech is recovered... immersion in the time period is completely broken.

#47 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

If we are going to play in imaginary make up land, you're going to have to do better than that. Double quote, single answer? weeeaaak.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Endo_Steel

https://www.sarna.ne...o-Fibrous_Armor

https://www.sarna.ne...ion_Engine_-_XL

>=2567
https://www.sarna.ne...ouble_Heat_Sink
- regular mechs over time lost them and over repairs went to SHS until re-discovery. There were still special cases

I had a long bit on how it can easily be justified, but you're a smart lad.

I suspect the deathless side torso was a slap in the face Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 December 2019 - 05:59 PM.

#48 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

Sure you can just use whatever you want in Instant action, bu they're not super common in the regular game. I've got two after 38 hours, an orion and a bj. But I'm also just playing the game to enjoy it for what it is, loosely playing the campaign while taking whatever contracts I feel like.
I'm not quite sure how this is a 'bad carrot on a stick' for this game. I think it's cool and can be fleshed out more, for sure. Maybe have a couple of spots where a rare mech depot is under contest between two forces and you've got the choice to side or take them both on.
otherwise, for what it is, it's cool that there are some special variants in the game.

#49 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:31 PM

That's cool.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 December 2019 - 09:31 PM.

#50 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 December 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Hero mechs come with lostech such as DHS, XL engine (without XL ST death penalty), Endo-Steel, Ferro, and also 0 c-bill mark-up as you pay the same as when lostech is recovered... immersion in the time period is completely broken.

I dunno. I paid 30 million for La Malinche and that's in a faction that liked me. I can get a regular Banshee for like 5 million.

However I agree that it's way too easy to just buy what I want and way, way too hard to salvage anything. Even with "hero" faction ranking. I'd rather salvage than buy but I've bought 90% of the mechs I use and just sell the ocean of legless Cicadas I can get.

I'd be happy to see LosTech 5x what it costs now, Hero mechs included. Regular mechs 2x current market price.

Conversely I'd rather have a salvage system where if heavy mechs drop for the enemy I can have enough salvage points all but guaranteed to salvage it if I'm lucky. Or even a HBS style of collecting parts of mechs. Give me a reason to care about salvaging especially high value enemies. Because currently I just core out heavies and most mediums because unless it's a multi drop mission it's impossible to get enough salvage value to salvage anything but weak mediums and lights.

#51 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:43 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 December 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

Or even a HBS style of collecting parts of mechs.

Definitely. I can see that adding value to the meta-game

#52 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:25 PM

If you allow easy mech salvage you are going to break the monetary CB balance. Salvage gives way too much income to be widely available in this game. Simply because the salvage negotiation points are so much better than anything else if translated into actual mech salvage.

#53 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:47 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 December 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

I dunno. I paid 30 million for La Malinche and that's in a faction that liked me. I can get a regular Banshee for like 5 million.

Regular banshees don't come with XL380 and endosteel and DHS

#54 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:35 AM

the Game its very ok and has many pros
otherside , the spawnsystem from the enemys is bad, and the Minimap/Radar useless, the Landscape very generic and steril with all the 5 Standard Trees and hovering pebbles, the Map useless without each Topographic elements, the Mechs have not really IK , and the Tanks im most not seeing was for a Model while to small and to many...only Canonfooder like the other MW Titles, and the Grafic looks in moment for me not so good like MWO, more like Old Unreal (must more play with the Seetings im thinking)very sharp and like a old securitycam.And the Camouflage system for the Player is fustrated and lightyears away from modern UI.

#55 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:48 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 December 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

Regular banshees don't come with XL380 and endosteel and DHS

I wasn't sure how to respond to this, because you can be prickly sometimes....
It's actually handled quite well with mechs popping up as the timeline progresses.

#56 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:03 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 December 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

PGI has MW5's editor locked. You can try to open the editor yourself. As such I cannot do a ******* thing until they get off their ****** and unlock it. For now I can just pre-plan and assess what needs to be done. Edit -- seriously I had to censor a simple cuss word myself? Wouldn't be the first time. (See below.) Also second edit: The point of bashing that poor decision is most of that lost tech is extinct unless you are raiding some of Marik's deeper caches (they wouldn't sell it to you) or stealing it from Comstar. Also many of the heroes that have this technology are out of era due to coming later in the timeline. For example Misery doesn't exist until after 3028. Pretty Baby didn't get renowned until 3025. The Boar's Head, most likely intended to be Captain Danielle Rondema's modified Atlas D, is a Wolf's Dragoons Atlas that doesn't see service until after 3028 in the same battle from which the Misery becomes heroic. My point is most of the heroes with the advanced technology are close to 3025+, 10 years after you start, with still more not existing until after 3035 with some being out of time completely in 3052+. Now I could understand certain heroes that actually existed before 3015 and there are a couple of them. People would make copies of them, possibly even emulating some of that lost tech. But the obstacle of money shouldn't allow completely ignoring the lore of the heroes or the tech they have. They should have been prizes to be earned. Bosses to be fought. Things to be discovered, like the wreckage of a fallen hero (as many of these heroes canonically die during the time we're playing).

right now the date for me is 1 June 3047, I'm seeing things now available to me that was not at the start, well couldn't find them probably , still they were not there, but now are, so maybe the date in the game advances/added/updated some items, Maybe ??

#57 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:50 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 18 December 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

right now the date for me is 1 June 3047, I'm seeing things now available to me that was not at the start, well couldn't find them probably , still they were not there, but now are, so maybe the date in the game advances/added/updated some items, Maybe ??

General availability of certain items such as pulse lasers, gauss rifle, double heatsinks does change over time (after a certain date they become available).

But the hero mechs are available at the get-go...
So over two decades before double heatsinks are "reinvented" for the first time in several hundred years...
You can go over to Apu's Kwik-E-Mart in Springfield
Posted Image
to pick up a dozen or more of these things that basically don't exist for as low as 5 mil (the cheapest hero mech carrying DHS) and nobody's gonna bat an eye as to how you not only picked up a priceless treasure but somehow got it so cheap.

Meanwhile by the law of supply and demand -- each DHS given their supposed rarity and perfect condition would easily be several million...EACH.

It'd be like if a 2019 smart phone was produced in 1979...
A computer that fits in the palm of your hand, is more powerful than any super computer on earth in 1979, makes phone calls, surfs this thing called the internet which is at that time still a US government secret that was still in development and not yet given that name.. and plays video games in amazing 3D graphics while people are still playing Pong on their TV like it was the most amazing thing since color television.

And some guy on the street corner is selling it for $19.99, plus tax.
Millionaires would be dropping a million, two million in your lap easily for that phone in 1979. But there it goes to that random nobody that bought it with gas money.

Edited by Koniving, 18 December 2019 - 03:05 AM.

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:56 AM

In 3039... Davion forces are dumbfounded when they are being hit by an insanely fast projectile that's got absolutely insane range.
A projectile fired with so much force the Hunchbacks sporting this new weapon are toppling over when firing them.
A projectile that hits with so much force it rips holes through mechs, going from front armor through internals and out the rear armor...

This projectile... is coming from a prototype gauss rifle.

But 24 years before that, you bought 3 Gauss Rifles because you bought 3 copies of the hero Stalker called Misery.

It's like 1400s/1500s roll around.
"I have a rifle that I can reload with some paper, some gunpowder and a metal ball."
You show up having bought something from a chicken stand.
"I have nuclear missiles that fit in the palm of my hand and a six chamber portable nuclear missile launcher."

Edited by Koniving, 18 December 2019 - 03:00 AM.

#59 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:08 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 December 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

It's like 1400s/1500s roll around.
"I have a rifle that I can reload with some paper, some gunpowder and a metal ball."
You show up having bought something from a chicken stand.
"I have nuclear missiles that fit in the palm of my hand and a six chamber portable nuclear missile launcher."

Pretty much how I felt when I got a Gauss Rifle and ammo bins as one of the rewards in a High-reward quest and then found the Hunchback Grid Iron. Now I have 2 Gauss Rifles with lots of ammo. But it's ok. There are so many enemies to shoot and kill quickly Posted Image

#60 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:12 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 December 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

Pretty much how I felt when I got a Gauss Rifle and ammo bins as one of the rewards in a High-reward quest and then found the Hunchback Grid Iron. Now I have 2 Gauss Rifles with lots of ammo. But it's ok. There are so many enemies to shoot and kill quickly Posted Image

Now imagine how you'd feel if Gauss Rifles work to the range of the prototype Gauss Rifle in the war of 3039's story?

"Beyond visual range."
Visual range is 60 hexes or 1,800 meters.
So 1,800+ meters is the range of a Gauss Rifle..
Which can put a hole through your machine at range, severing limbs in a single shot, blowing the head clean off a mech in the snap of a finger, doing this with not only insane accuracy but also doing this with indirect fire.

How would that feel if you got that within the first in-game month?

Since my mod's guns are following the lore and fluff for ranges more than the "accurate ranges", if you can land that hit at 2,000 meters with an AC/20, it's a hit... It's extremely unlikely you'll put all the projectiles of your 20 damage on the enemy at all let alone one spot, but a hit is a hit...
(Fluff wise, lasers and missiles are the shortest ranged weapons. Lasers in atmosphere suffer greatly (an SPL works out to 1,500 meters easily against infantry, but against barrier armor rating 10 [mechs and tanks] the range is more like 90 to 180. Lasers suffer in atmosphere due to laser bloom, where the air particles are heated and further degrade the laser's performance. Missiles suffer because LRMs/SRMs are basically small enough to fit in your hands so there isn't much fuel to them.)
So a Gauss Rifle that could net damage up to 3,000 meters? Would be interesting to find out how you aim it that far, but if you land it then sure.

Edited by Koniving, 18 December 2019 - 03:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users