Mw5 Is A Console Port For Pc

32 replies to this topic

#1 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

Title says it all. Its not a pc game but a console port for the pc. Its clearly designed for a console. I can say how disappointed I am, but after what MWO became I guess I should have known.

#2 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:43 PM

What? That would make no sense, given that the MW franchise and MWO are all geared toward PC...like forever...mech assault aside.

EDIT: or are you just making fun of the controls, in which case that went right over my head...WHOOSH

Edited by Humpday, 15 December 2019 - 06:43 PM.

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

Funny. Games for consoles come out before being ported to pc. Pgi can't even. Just look up their work history. Look on the bright side all of us waiting til steam release have an entire year of potential moders finding all these fk ups of pgi and learning how to fix them so that steam release will have an 80% complete game compared to pgis normal mvp level of work.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

If it was for the consoles, the UI would've been better.

No, seriously, I can see why someone would think MW5 is meant for consoles but it's more of a PC game with some poor design decisions. Luckily, it can be modded like a PC game.

#5 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:54 PM

I would rather play MW5 on a PS4 or XBox than on a PC.

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostAnjian, on 15 December 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

Traitor!

#7 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:50 AM

View PostAnjian, on 15 December 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

+++HERESY DETECTED+++

#8 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:19 AM

View PostHumpday, on 15 December 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

What? That would make no sense, given that the MW franchise and MWO are all geared toward PC...like forever...mech assault aside.

EDIT: or are you just making fun of the controls, in which case that went right over my head...WHOOSH

Well it does make a lot of sense given the big target audiences consoles have and how compatible the gameplay would be if you just add some aim assistance like in other console shooters. Unlike MWO you can totally control your mech with the buttons on a typical controller. No additional buttons needed for missile doors, consumables, ecm/stealth switch, scoreboard, shutdown override, ect.

So given that, the UI with it's big elements and how the gunplay feels compared to MWO i can totally imagine that MW5 was developed with the option to release to consoles in mind. And it would probably be a good thing for the franchise to not be limited to PC anymore.

Edited by Daggett, 16 December 2019 - 03:21 AM.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:24 AM

View PostDaggett, on 16 December 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

And it would probably be a good thing for the franchise to not be limited to PC anymore.
Would it? Or would it just lead to a progressive dumbing down until we end up with just an arcade shooter?

#10 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostHorseman, on 16 December 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

Would it? Or would it just lead to a progressive dumbing down until we end up with just an arcade shooter?

Only if the dev wants to do so. There are quite some clever console games (including shooters) despite limited buttons and less precise aiming. Rainbow Six: Siege, War Thunder, World of Tanks or Rocket League come to mind (mostly ports from PC btw), and those even work as competitive multiplayer games.

What you probably can't have on consoles of cause is a fully-fledged simulation, those do require lots of keys or the ability to use peripheral devices like HOTAS. This will remain a PC territory.
But to be honest, the Mechwarrior series will most likely not work commercially as a true simulation game (it also never was), the target audience is way too small.

Almost everything MW5 currently lacks (except not being a sim) can be fixed for both PC and console.
And chances are that modders will satisfy the simulation fans.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:37 AM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 15 December 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Title says it all. Its not a pc game but a console port for the pc. Its clearly designed for a console. I can say how disappointed I am, but after what MWO became I guess I should have known.

With a predominantly mouse-based UI with tons of clicking and dragging? Lol. Troll harder you moron.

#12 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:48 AM

MW5 has a ton of problems, but this isn't one of them.

#13 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:52 AM

So if you'll notice there are points that clearly show its a console game. For one the map that you go to is activated by your E but on the map itself its clearly marked B. ( a common console command ). Then there is the menu symbol of 3 lines above each other, also a console (xbox) command. Drag and drop can be emulated so that is just your ignorance. RickySpanish. This is clearly a console game released for PC first. The graphics alone should be your hint but hey each to there own.

#14 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:19 AM

Oh come on, clearly this is a mobile port. How else do you explain the fact that we can tap the screen to perform actions such as clicking buttons and dragging items in the mechlab? You can't do that on consoles! And given that some buttons are really big and take up so much space means that it is CLEARLY made for mobile devices first.

#15 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 16 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

... mobile port ...

Hmm, i'd buy that for a dollar!

#16 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:56 AM

View PostDaggett, on 16 December 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

Well it does make a lot of sense given the big target audiences consoles have and how compatible the gameplay would be if you just add some aim assistance like in other console shooters. Unlike MWO you can totally control your mech with the buttons on a typical controller. No additional buttons needed for missile doors, consumables, ecm/stealth switch, scoreboard, shutdown override, ect.

So given that, the UI with it's big elements and how the gunplay feels compared to MWO i can totally imagine that MW5 was developed with the option to release to consoles in mind. And it would probably be a good thing for the franchise to not be limited to PC anymore.

Thats the wrong audience. This game is not marketed to general audience. Its design itself, is clearly meant for people already "into" battletech. The core audience resides on PC, not console. Hell, kids(anyone born after about 1984ish) don't even know what battletech is. Its business.

Kids/younger dudes/girls aren't going to run out and buy a battletech game, especially one that has no marketing behind it. Anyone who bought this game, has already played previous titles, that is the sole reason why it sold.

#17 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 16 December 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

So if you'll notice there are points that clearly show its a console game. For one the map that you go to is activated by your E but on the map itself its clearly marked B. ( a common console command ). Then there is the menu symbol of 3 lines above each other, also a console (xbox) command. Drag and drop can be emulated so that is just your ignorance. RickySpanish. This is clearly a console game released for PC first. The graphics alone should be your hint but hey each to there own.

You got me, well played ;)

#18 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 15 December 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

Traitor!

Bought my console a few months ago to play Gundam Battle Operations 2.

Next is to decide whether I want to play Phantasy Star Online 2 on Xbox One or PC? Xbox One is a lot cheaper than a new PC investment. My ROG is getting old but I guess it may still be able to handle this. This is another franchise I dearly love much.

Edited by Anjian, 16 December 2019 - 06:35 PM.

#19 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:38 PM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 16 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Oh come on, clearly this is a mobile port. How else do you explain the fact that we can tap the screen to perform actions such as clicking buttons and dragging items in the mechlab? You can't do that on consoles! And given that some buttons are really big and take up so much space means that it is CLEARLY made for mobile devices first.

If you build it with Unreal Engine you can create a single base game, then port it for PC, console and mobile.

I think its possible to move this game to console and mobile, although they need to fix all the little things first, and polish the game. I tend to think December 10 is more like an open beta period. MW5 2.0 will be the real game. By then they should consider adding multiplayer PvP. No need for 8 vs. 8. 5 vs. 5 or 6 vs. 6 would enough.

Edited by Anjian, 16 December 2019 - 06:39 PM.

#20 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:40 PM

I wouldnt mind MW5m on xbox, hybrid gamer after all. But for the love of the franchise, they need to iron out the kinks, optimize, get out content and make the gameplay deeper and not just wide, BEFORE porting to consoles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users