How Often Does Mw5 Crash For You?

55 replies to this topic

#1 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:18 AM

I had hourly fatal error crashes before the hotfix 2 and 2 GPU device lost crashes.
After reducing the overclock on GPU and apppling the hotfix 2 i had 2 fatal error crash and a random crash in about 12 game hours.
Never in my life had so many times a game crash this often, not even the terminator game made by the poles who made the crap rambo game

#2 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:44 AM

I had one crash during a loading screen after finishing a mission but that's it.

If the game is crashing that hard then there is a possibility your hardware is starting to fail. (recently lost my GPU as it started crashing when put under heavy load and had to fall back on my old 570. The card still works under light load, but any heavy load will cause it to blackscreen and force me to reset the PC via the power button.)

#3 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:50 AM

I had no fatal error crashes and two freezes during missions. I guess that's okay for the amount i played so far.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:05 AM

I get that Fatal Error crash if I play for a couple of hours at a stretch. This happens even on games like Fortnite.

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:33 AM

after use the Geforce Control seetings and set MW% by Vertical Synch to adaptive , the Crashes very rare , most only by Tabbing out ,or by end of tnd Mission and not going fast enough from the first Mission Screen after it

#6 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:40 AM

I have like 45 game hours and have finished the game. It has happened to me but only once.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:42 AM

No crashes.

No overclocking.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:37 AM

I had 2 hickups because of tabbing out while loading the game. It dosn't seam to like it. Other then that, no crashes.

#9 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:49 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 16 December 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

I get that Fatal Error crash if I play for a couple of hours at a stretch. This happens even on games like Fortnite.

Thanks for explaining, seen your other reply on the dedicated thread to fatal error, i kinda missed it when making this thread anyway...

View PostFunky Bacon, on 16 December 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

I had one crash during a loading screen after finishing a mission but that's it.

If the game is crashing that hard then there is a possibility your hardware is starting to fail. (recently lost my GPU as it started crashing when put under heavy load and had to fall back on my old 570. The card still works under light load, but any heavy load will cause it to blackscreen and force me to reset the PC via the power button.)

Sorry about your GPU, rip.
But in my case it is not this, the 2070 super and 9700KF are 3 months old and under watercooling, the only time i got the device removed error was when playing mech warrior online, and this kind of error shows up as well in unreal engine, it is a generic error when the videocard driver fails, due to overclocking.
I lowered the OC just for that game, since MWO did not liked it, and i spend one day stress testing the GPU and it boggles my mind that no synthetic benchmarks ever crashed, but MWO did. Now the same story happened with MW5, benchmarks ran fine, did not spend a day with them, just a few hours. Anyway that "device removed" crash happened only once and made me spend half a day to check my OC again.
Funny thing is, today i did not had a single crash, i think it is the way the map seeds are generated, it happens random, i just appreciate Russ for delaying the game 1 year to try to polish the random level generator, i cannot imagine the state of the game if it was released last december...

Edited by Fotracul, 16 December 2019 - 05:57 AM.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

No crashes whatsoever thus far for me. The game performs very well with graphical settings jacked up and loading times are general in the 10 second range. I noticed that the game begins generating the map as soon as you hit the lance select screen - that's a nice touch. By the time I've decided who's piloting the Locust of Inevitability* the map is often ready.

*I've since sold the Locust, after it failed to murder my least liked pilot. We now have a Javelin of Inevitability instead.

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:21 AM

For me, I had trouble even starting the game, and the Beta crashed to black screen often. I later realized it was probably caused by my power supply, as since I replaced with a more powerful one, and after the latest hotfix, I have not experienced a single crash.

I am at this moment more likely to think you have a hardware issue, rather than a software issue.

I suggest you try running some other, equally hardware-intensive game, and see if you still get crashes.

#12 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:38 AM

OP: just to answer, in 30-40 hours it did not crash for me. Not even once. Zero problems.
CPU and GPU both overclocked (minimally).
Never had a crash in any UE4 games. Or with MWO for that matter.

#13 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:41 AM

It's easy to blame MW5 when you already have alot of hate for PGI and anything it does. Somewhere else not here I read someone blamed MW5 and EGS for crashing his Windows mid-MW5 install and failing to boot up upon restart. Several rage posts later turns out his hardware is 7 years old and more likely a failed/failing drive or power supply or motherboard.

I've had MWO & HBS BattleTech hard-freeze repeatedly on me, lobby, mech lab, combat, crashed often. I blamed it on everything from game bugs to drivers to Windows 10 updates to power supply, GPU, RAM, CPU. Ran furmark burntests, mem86s, cpu-z burntests, underclocked CPU/GPU/RAM, ran DDU, installed various "stable" driver versions, sent parts to RMA (even though all came back negative on problems). Could not make the freezes disappear for months. All the burntests made the PC freeze, so it had to be that part being burn-tested right?

In the end it was one thing I didn't consider. Failing motherboard. Bought a used mb to replace, refitted everything back, and it's been stable for weeks. All my hardware is dated mid 2016, and despite being only 3+ years old the one thing that was dying was the 1 thing I refused to acknowledge because it was the most annoying to troubleshoot, until I decided to bite the bullet.

I started playing MW5 after changing the motherboard. According to EGS I've played MW5 for 15 hours. Not 1 crash or freeze.

Edited by arcana75, 16 December 2019 - 06:43 AM.

#14 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:58 AM

Well i'm sorry i mentioned before that the benchmarks and other games except for terminator resistance that crashed once because of a game bug, never crashed, even MWO runs fine once i lowered my video card OC, I spent 2500 euros on the pc and in my country we do not have euro, so i will not spent more because of a possible hardware issue affecting one game. It is still playable for me the autosaves are a blessing, i never bashed PGI directly, i just wanted to know if this problem occurs for more people and it seems that it does. thanks for the replies

#15 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:06 AM

View PostFotracul, on 16 December 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

i just wanted to know if this problem occurs for more people and it seems that it does

UE4 is very quirky with OC. I have some UE4 games and all their forums are full with UE4 crash problems with overclocked hardware or whatever super-duper-overclocker-registryfixer cr.p installed.
Generally, if you have a basic fresh Windows installation, a new GPU driver and nothing else, you won't have any problems.

Edited by cszolee79, 16 December 2019 - 07:06 AM.

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

View PostFotracul, on 16 December 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Well i'm sorry i mentioned before that the benchmarks and other games except for terminator resistance that crashed once because of a game bug, never crashed, even MWO runs fine once i lowered my video card OC, I spent 2500 euros on the pc and in my country we do not have euro, so i will not spent more because of a possible hardware issue affecting one game. It is still playable for me the autosaves are a blessing, i never bashed PGI directly, i just wanted to know if this problem occurs for more people and it seems that it does. thanks for the replies

People have been having issues, so maybe it's your hardware configuration and nothing bad. But in my personal experience with a single game locking up my PC, it has been a hardware issue unfortunately. Often, that one game was the most demanding application I had run up to that point, so it was the first to demonstrate the hardware failure. A month or so later though and windows would be blue screening while idle. The last time that happened it was a damaged stick of RAM, and before that a failing HDD.

Edited by RickySpanish, 16 December 2019 - 01:11 PM.

#17 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:17 PM

i do not think it has crashed for me yet

#18 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:21 PM

No crash here.
MW5 is extremely stable and runs smoothe on an old Intel i5 750 with 16 GB and AMD 290 4 GB.
Did not try Coop, just solo vs engine.
From this side the game is great.

#19 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

No crashes. No problems whatsoever.

#20 WhineyThePoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

Nada, running just fine on my ancient setup on nearly max settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users