#41 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:34 AM

One thing to note

I can get it to crash at startup rather easy when I have the browser open and MW5 starts in the background, when MW5 runs in full screen mode
When it's borderless window not a single crash

#42 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:29 PM

When launching from EPIC store, 99% stable.

When launching from Radeon game list, nearly always crash at the begining, or once in a bluemoon able to play a game till win, but crash and game not saved.

After I discovered above (29th Dec morning), no more launching from Radeon game list.

Radeon Dec update new feature anti-lag doesn't seem to be compatible although successfully pushes FPS higher +20%, but crash some times even when using EPIC store launcher.

Also due to using HOTAS, case = https://mw5mercs.com...5-mercs-hot-fix

NO OC, Custom water cool PoseidonAbsoluteZero3->GPU->420x140x86->CPU->420x140x28

CO-OP cannot work/cannot connect when launching from Radeon game list. Must launch from EPIC store.

#43 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:03 AM

40-50 hours played, no crashes.

It gives my system a good workout, but then my system can run at sustained 100% load without exploding, unlike a lot of systems these days >.>

I'm sure the same people constantly shutdown in game since they skimped on heatsinks and just piled on weapons.

Edited by Asmosis, 30 December 2019 - 03:04 AM.

#44 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

Actually... I had a harder time installing the damn Epic game installer. Had to do a command line edit to by past the flick'n launcher prerequisites. Posted Image

The game itself has been rock solid.

#45 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:04 AM

I have had zero crashes caused by the game itself.

I can cause a fatal error by my own actions ergo I caused it.

My fault.

This can be achieved by switching windows while a segment is loading, and...your using a V.P.N service.

The game does not crash if it's fully loaded, no matter what you try, from my experience.

I think you have to look at a ****** connection to be the causes of your crashes.

#46 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:39 AM

I had a few early on, when I was still launching from the Epic launcher (yes, I'm using a VPN).
None since I run the game directly from the exe.

#47 Gantry

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

never crashed. The only strange thing is that i've seen my function keys stop working for lancemate control. I think this happened when i left the game running, then went and made dinner for an hour, then came back.

#48 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

I've had one crash to desktop in about 50 hours of play.
It was during a mission that I'd paused and alt-tabbed out of 3-5 times. In my experience a lot of games don't like being alt-tabbed out of.

Hopefully the OP and others with recurring crash issues can find a solution! That is no fun at all.
I'd suggest normal troubleshooting - reboot, reinstall GPU drivers, reinstall game, test RAM & other hardware. If windows install is 3+ years old you might consider clean windows install.
Good luck :(

#49 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:21 AM

Posting again after 1 month of experience with the game:
After the hotfixes and the patch, the game only randomly crashes with fatal error when playing quick action games, probably some errors are generated when generating the random map seeds, something i wrote about that is responsible for the general crashes. The campaign rarely crashed for me since the 2 hotfixes and the patch, which is nice, it can be noticed that PGI spend the time at least on the campaign to be QA tested, too bad they did not had an external QA testing to companies in Asia or eastern Europe, like the big companies have, well PGI is not that huge so anyway, lack of external testing also made the game be delayed for 1 year, i remember back in December 2018 how i prepared a battlestation ready for MW5 just to find out it was delayed in spring 2019 and then in winter, making me just sell it and make this watercooled PC that people say it has "hardware failures"

Edited by Fotracul, 01 January 2020 - 07:23 AM.

#50 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:07 PM

Every times at the end of the tutorial. It won't let me progress, there are no auto-save, and I cannot save during tutorial. The game is unplayable for me.

#51 Xielvanic

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:02 AM

Started playing on December 12th, and have 50 hours of gameplay in.

I've crashed 20+ times. The Majority of these have had no error codes and have been hard lockups across the entire machine. game freezes, nothing responds, have to turn the machine off and on again. This is purely with my 1080 ti, which plays all other games without error. I'm running with some of the other folks statements here that this is probably the hardest game on my card, where I typically would play easier games, like League of legends.

I moved to a 4gb rx480, which initially experienced similar crashes, but has since been rock solid since I actually installed the radeon drivers (I was tired. forgive me.)

Drivers make a HUGE difference when it comes to the stability of the game, although the game started locking up my machine after the 3rd hotfix, which was about 20 hours of gameplay in, which was plagued with the "device lost" errors.

All in all, this game has me glad that I made a new years resolution to drink less, as I would otherwise have a serious problem by now.

#52 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:37 AM

Many more hours in now & one crash when I was tabbing through windows during a load phase and one incident of my keyboard not responding after leaving the game.
Other than that.. nothing..

#53 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

Did not have a "Fatal Error" until I read this thread. Had played w/o issue since I bought it...and not 10mins after reading this..crash.
Voodoo....

#54 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

View PostGaulwa, on 03 January 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Every times at the end of the tutorial. It won't let me progress, there are no auto-save, and I cannot save during tutorial. The game is unplayable for me.

Skip the final cutscene, or reduce the settings as much as you can when you get to that point.
My new computer is a 32 gigabyte ram beast of a machine with a Ryzen 5 6-core processor and it also hangs (the frames drag to a pause, then back to 80, then pause, then 80, then pause, then zip to 120 and back to 80) on that cutscene where Mason (father) gets killed. Something in there is very poorly optimized and after seeing it three or four times, I suspect it's because there's a mixture of scripted events and AI trying to play the game normally, and I think certain switches happen between regular AI and cinematic control.

Edited by Koniving, 05 January 2020 - 01:55 PM.

#55 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Zero Crashes and have 66 hours played. In fact aside from one high reward mission not paying out the reward and one of my teams mechs getting stuck on terrain once, I haven't even encountered any other bugs or issues at all.

#56 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:41 AM

Never. Once or twice the first week. Nvidia GTX 1050 ti, 16 GB Ram.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users