• LocationWay Underground beneath the Bermuda Triangle

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:45 AM

Please focus on MWO too. I guess it's coming to an end :(

#22 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

So as a reminder here's the official announcement about MWO's future, back from November 2019 : https://mwomercs.com...nance-19nov2019

PS : The events mentioned in that November old announcement have now finished.

#23 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 17 December 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

So when will PGI make MW:O Faction Play as it was promised Years ago?

dude, you just had the 'year of factionplay' that PGI promised. and Boy, wasn't it great… Right...?
*le sigh*
;)

#24 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:28 PM

The closest thing to "year(s)" of faction play was actually around Phase 1 & 2 for community warfare. I remember it was actually fun back then, the excitement and the insanse borderwalling against the clans in FRR territory. Sure it wasnt the promised stuff from long before that either. But the hype seemed stable and high back then Posted Image All those groups you could join, the tenacity to beat the clans...

#25 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:39 PM

Thanks for the patch today, but you hosed my keymappings by ressetting them back to default Posted Image please don't do that again in future patches

Also I recall being able to use SHIFT key modifier in the closed beta, but not since production release, any chance that could be put back in?

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 17 December 2019 - 02:41 PM.

#26 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

LOL, really?! People give out about the MW5 news on the MWO forum?
MW5 is the new kid on the bock and only natural it will get more attention. Also, it's the game making money for PGI right now, so there is that too.
For MWO exclusive players, just ignore the MW5 news. Not that hard. Eventually there will be more MWO news too.
I peronally find it great to have my MWO and MW5 news on one page.
PGI could simply combine the MWO and MW5 page and create a subforum here.

#27 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

- Well, technically that section of forum have name as "MechWarrior Universe", which bring us idea that anything connected with Mech games created by Piranha studio are accepted here. MWO and MW5 together. And that ok.

- So, most interesting thing here: are in new patch fixed strange behavior of texture which can drop off normal map texture after changing color and paint style of mech (what make mech colored but without any normalmap details on them in same time)? And also some FPS drops in mission start game render scenes?
I understand that my vidocard not a top version and GTX, not RTX, but with all other parameters like nearly stabile 50-60FPS it looks a bit strange.

#28 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

Sooooo.......what about MWO, Russ?

#29 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 17 December 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

So as a reminder here's the official announcement about MWO's future, back from November 2019 : https://mwomercs.com...nance-19nov2019

PS : The events mentioned in that November old announcement have now finished.

Also, if you recall, during one of the last MechCon threads from 2018, I asked Chris bluntly if MWO was sunsetting, and he was...let's say...less than candid in his response.

#30 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

Sooo... When is the MWO news forums going to be used to promote MWO again? Because until MW5 winds up on Steam, I could care less about your latest project. I only access the MWO homepage for information pertaining to MWO, information which has been rather lackluster of late. I wouldn't mind the endless parade of MW5 material, mind you, IF there was an update note about upcoming events/patches/features for MWO injected in between the incessant promotions for MW5.

Hell, maybe now that your Esports ambitions have so catastrophically failed you, you could surprise your community by incorporating some actual community-building features for MWO. I've never played a competitive shooter that punished you for trying to play with a friend or two (There's no experience quite like 2 friends trying to coordinate a match together through quickplay sync drops just to avoid being absolutely slaughtered by a highly organized 12 man team in Group Drop); maybe you could at least retain what little community you have left by investing in community friendly features for a competitive-community driven game?

But given what I'm hearing about MW5's community features, you guys still haven't learned how to properly incentivize cooperative play. You have a literal goldmine of a niche in the present market, you could literally sell MW5 for the Mech Combat-Simulation coop experience alone, but you fail to understand that the market's current demographic expects individual payoffs in coop experiences. Coop players receiving a cut of the C-Bills relegated to AI pilot paychecks would be a handsome start to MW5's coop incentives; down the road, allocating salvage shares and the ability to bring on a single mech from their personal campaign would do wonders to build the MW5 community, and boost your profit margin with a larger user base. I'd recommend looking into Gearbox's Borderlands series for inspiration on how to generate revenue from incentivizing cooperative experiences in PvE games. As for PvP, like MWO? Just limit the quickplay group drop to 4 members, with drop tonnage restrictions (different tonnage restrictions for IS vs. Clan of course), and you MIGHT actually see your active player fall-off statistics reverse. If you don't believe me, then believe the market: casual coop experiences in both PvE & PvP sell. Get with the times already.

EDIT: While I'm griping about MWO being used to promote MW5, I can't help but feel as though Piranha is doing itself a disservice by not promoting MWO through MW5. A fair chunk of the gaming community interested in MW5 has voiced their desire for a Mechwarrior PvP aspect; maybe now is a good time to use the hype of MW5 to invigorate MWO's dying prospects with fresh blood? Nothing quite like user friendly features and a Holiday sale to give thrifty consumers an excuse to pick up a F2P title...

...Seriously, Russ... Take a business 101 course already.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 17 December 2019 - 04:05 PM.

#31 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:44 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 17 December 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

The MWO Comp Championship series 2019 ended this weekend : Are we getting an official announcement on that ?

There won't be any MW5 Mod support, until the Epic Store adds support for... Mods. Sometime next year.

That's bad, I doubt lots of new player will bother about this game until sometime next year..

#32 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:16 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 17 December 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

I guess they really need a whole team of people to launch something as simple as an event then…

PGI has now a New talented ambitionous Team ...wit Exprience in UE ...not Cryengine, and not many Guys with Cryengine in the Job Market..the Cryengine is sadly now near the End :(...on the Ground like Boing , without new start

MW5 was the Wish from Russ from the first Day ...MWO the unloved Child with IGP

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 17 December 2019 - 07:23 PM.

#33 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:00 AM

I guess most people with Cryengine experiance are either at Crytech or are working for CIG, maybe Amazon too.

#34 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:09 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 December 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

I guess most people with Cryengine experiance are either at Crytech or are working for CIG, maybe Amazon too.

I don't think many "experienced" people still work at Crytech, as they can't even pay them on a regular basis Posted Image

Edited by Unleashed3k, 18 December 2019 - 07:09 AM.

#35 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

so no abridged version?

View PostMcHoshi, on 17 December 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

So when will PGI make MW:O Faction Play as it was promised Years ago?

it will be a mod for mw5

made by the mwll team.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 December 2019 - 10:42 AM.

#36 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 December 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

so no abridged version? it will be a mod for mw5 made by the mwll team.

So it will be so incredibly badly balanced to be even less playable than this mess

#37 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

As an old-school Mechwarrior player, I appreciate that PGI wants to make MW5 the way it is, but I have evolved and gaming has evolved, so I think they would do better focusing back on MWO. Really, if they want to make a lasting game that makes a steady stream of income, then they should port MWO to Unreal 4 and make it crossplay across all major platforms (PC, Xbox, PS, Switch, iOS, Android. Even Linux for the neckbeards and Finns), and put their efforts into releasing more maps, more cosmetics and most of all, more, unique events. Also, they really need a "season pass" that gives rewards to FTP players and additional rewards to "subscribers". This would bring many more players to MWO and make it much more streamer friendly.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 December 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#38 Brakkar

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:52 AM

They (PGI) won't even bother to respond.
They milked the cow called MWO to max, now they have a new one called MW5.
When that one stops bringing profits, they will move on to another project.

I knew this is going to happen long time ago, as soon as I have seen the announcement that PGI is working on MW5.

Oh, sure, it's been a blast, but read it with understanding - been.
Time to move on.

#39 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

View PostBrakkar, on 20 December 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

They (PGI) won't even bother to respond.
They milked the cow called MWO to max, now they have a new one called MW5.
When that one stops bringing profits, they will move on to another project.

I knew this is going to happen long time ago, as soon as I have seen the announcement that PGI is working on MW5.

Oh, sure, it's been a blast, but read it with understanding - been.
Time to move on.

I have played MWO since beta and been following it's development since PGI did that first MW5 video years ago on Youtube. I knew from the beginning that MWO was just a means to get the funding to make the game that they wanted to make from the beginning, but MWO had developed into something that, in my opinion, is worth keeping around. Also, in my previous post I explained how they could make MWO profitable again (in my opinion).

#40 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Russ
Thanks PGI
I get eeeeet Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users