Get A $10 Dollar Gift Card You Can Use To Purchase Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries

49 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:20 AM

Greetings Mercenaries,

Check out the Epic Games Store Holiday Sale 2019!

https://www.epicgame...liday-sale-2019

Get a $10 Dollar Gift Card you can use to Purchase MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries

Sign in to your Epic Games account, then click the button to claim one $10 Epic Coupon (to use on eligible games of $14.99 or above or local currency equivalent). The $10 Epic Coupon will be applied automatically at checkout. Note: If you make your first purchase or grab your first free game during the promotion before clicking on the button you will automatically receive your first $10 Epic Coupon. Coupons expire on May 1, 2020, at 2:59 am EST.

They give You another $10 Epic Coupon after every eligible purchase

Use the $10 Epic Coupon to buy an eligible game of $14.99 or more on the store (during the promotional period) and you’ll receive another $10 Epic Coupon. Note: Coupons expire on May 1, 2020, at 2:59 am EST.

Already own MW5? get great games Up to 75% off

Get deals on great games. Click through to find the full list of games!

12 days of free games!

Go to the store every day for a new FREE game from December 19, 2019, at 11 am EST until January 1, 2020, at 11 am EST.

Each new FREE game is only available for that day, so don’t miss it. Fun fact!

#2 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:01 PM

firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

#3 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Also of note everyone if you just skimmed the announcement like I did until just now and missed the bit at the bottom: from Dec. 19 (today) through Jan. 1 there is a different free game every day. Do yourself a favor and check out today's which is Into the Breach, a mech tactics/puzzle game.

Edited by Mister Maf, 19 December 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#4 Cergorach

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationZeewolde, The Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:38 PM

Sorry, lost me as a potential customer when you went with Epic store Exclusive, hit me back when you publish on Steam... Like the plan was back in May 2019.

#5 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

View PostCergorach, on 19 December 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Sorry, lost me as a potential customer when you went with Epic store Exclusive, hit me back when you publish on Steam... Like the plan was back in May 2019.

Welcome to GOG tier.

#6 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:21 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 19 December 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

KONGRATULATONZ!!!

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:31 PM

This move suggests that sales aren't doing too well...

#8 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:37 PM

Can I get that gold King Crab tho?

#9 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 December 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's an EPIC Holiday sales promotion, It can be used on any game on the site.. But feel free to keep making **** up.

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 19 December 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

It's an EPIC Holiday sales promotion, It can be used on any game on the site.. But feel free to keep making **** up.

PGI is basically advertising this as a $10 discount on MW5, bruh.

#11 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Along with any other game as stated in the post. The money is coming from EPIC. I guess GOG, and steam must be having horrible sales too,, i mean why else would they have holiday sales and all be giving away free games? Posted Image

But in the end, what is wrong with them letting folks now about it? I guess everything is a conspiracy these days.

#12 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 19 December 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Along with any other game as stated in the post. The money is coming from EPIC. I guess GOG, and steam must be having horrible sales too,, i mean why else would they have holiday sales and all be giving away free games? Posted Image

But in the end, what is wrong with them letting folks now about it? I guess everything is a conspiracy these days.

Whether or not the money comes from Epic or PGI is a distinction without a difference because the end result is that they're telling people who have not yet purchased the game that they can get it for a lower price.

Didn't say it was morally wrong, just that it kinda reeks of desperation because it comes so soon after the initial launch.

#13 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:12 PM

Look bro, I'm all about pointing out them flaws when they there buuut....

How dare they promote a sale on the platform they sell their game on to drive sales!

They'd honestly be dumb not to, even if the game was selling really well lol. They only stand to make a gain here dude.

Edited by Prototelis, 19 December 2019 - 04:13 PM.

#14 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:32 PM

Actually Dauntless is pretty fun if you play it less than an hour a day, might be worth spending $15 in to get an extra $10 off on MW5, but my gut feeling is still to hold out until it is on Steam and then I assume that it will be a much more polished game by then. Only way I will buy on Epic is if they do PS4 crossplay so I can play it with my kids.

#15 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:25 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Were you expecting them to advertise for someone else's game?

"Hey guys, Epic is offering $10 gift cards. Go spend it on something else!"

Get back under your rock you!
Down!!
Posted Image

#16 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

Just a holiday sale, Steam and GoG doing their own thing too. blah blah blah

#17 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 December 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Whether or not the money comes from Epic or PGI is a distinction without a difference because the end result is that they're telling people who have not yet purchased the game that they can get it for a lower price.

Didn't say it was morally wrong, just that it kinda reeks of desperation because it comes so soon after the initial launch.

Or it's just a sale and letting the community know about other possibilities is a good thing. But hey, it's the internetzz. Let's make **** up and scream. It's is Fre3dohm of Speatch, right?

#18 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:55 PM

make it a $50 discount and it might be worth it

#19 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:29 PM

Nah. The discount is on all games >$15 on the Epic store.

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:38 AM

Something tells me that the Epic Deal isn't going very well.

No. Enjoy the grave you dug yourself into, like the rest of your choices that drove MWO into unsustainability.

Here is something to consider:

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 December 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

View PostNesutizale, on 19 December 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

How is Epic the death of Kickstarter?

Kickstarter games can go to any publishing platform they like. When the game is good enough Epic might even give them money for the one year exclusive deal that could help the dev to either stay alive or finance a new game or be able to keep their project running at all. I allready know of one small dev I talked to that benefited very well from that deal.

I am not certain about PGI but I guess that they also took the deal for pretty much that reason, to stay alive and finish the game.
Also Epic giveing back a bigger share of the income means a small dev has even a higher chance of a return of their investment.

Please, don't even. Do you think people E-Beg if they can sustain their projects well? What would the Indie Devs be without their backers?

The reality is that, the Backers are paying for the development fee, and once it is promising, Epic is just going to swoop in to take the game without ever risking to pay for actually developing the game. That is what the money is for, the refunds for the backers that were going to be railroaded that would like their money back, and that is unfair. It wasn't even about the money, these backers are invested to the game both financially and emotionally, and are entitled to get it as advertised to them.

As for how is that the death of kickstarted games, well kickstarted games are already dying due to poor over all outcome, and it is only the promising ones that make the cut like hat in time, promising ones that are taking the Epic Deal and railroading their backers, which would result in backers not wanting to back other games due to the fear of their investment being for nothing.

And as for the actual trust withered, you need trust for people to flock for your products, actively screwing your people works contrary with this.

Is less selection within a store good? Is more storefront time good? Arguably, but considering the actual trend of exposure right now -- as in the free ones from lets-plays, even with tough competition people who liked the game will still find the game through the search function.

Is the higher cut for the revenue good? Sure, but consider what withering the trust of your customers do, for a lack-luster store, its not going to matter that much if the sales are tanking so much. If you can get 60$ sales/piece, and sold 500,000 units from steam, and take home 65% (30% Steam + 5% Epic royalty), which is at 19,500,000 $, how is the deal better just because it's at 88% when the units sold is at 400,000 and price/unit is at 40$, which results to 14,080,000 $, how is that good? Because of the sales drop, you are down 5,420,000$.

And you know what, guess what, that is just one other store. Epic Exclusivity also prevents the other sales that you can get from other stores, so guess what, those missed sales pile-up into one massive ****-up.

Guess what, with the current holiday sale, that PGI just subscribed to: https://mwomercs.com...-5-mercenaries/ Tells me that the Epic-Deal isn't really going well, lol. You know PGI ****** up.

Guess what, I ain't paying full price after being blue-balled for a year either. See you at next-year's steam-sale.

View PostNightbird, on 19 December 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

Just a holiday sale, Steam and GoG doing their own thing too. blah blah blah

Yes. You know, lets make the game that just released this month (dec-10) only worth 10$. For the industry standard of 60$, that's a giant loss to a game that just released.

I know Epic basically paid for the game right now for PGI to not worry, but this kind of seem that they are getting desperate for interest.

View PostPrototelis, on 19 December 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

They'd honestly be dumb not to, even if the game was selling really well lol. They only stand to make a gain here dude.

Sure its a "gain" because the alternative is the 0$ of the no-sale. But considering the lost of good customers, by neglecting a better platform, its an over-all loss considering the projected sales.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 22 December 2019 - 12:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users