This Game Has Become Unplayable, Especially For The Assault Class

228 replies to this topic

#21 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 22 December 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Check the Jarl's list for my performance, some of the assault class mechs are still viable.

Bit of an understatement. Some of them are the best qp mechs in the game.

Mechs like the Mad Cat MKII and Blood Asp are definitely top tier qp mechs. And even some slower ones can still work just fine, you just have to know when its time to stop chasing, turn around, and go out guns blazing. Mechs like the Annihilator and Fafnir can do absurd damage when supported but even if you get left behind you can just turn around and shoot. they put out so much damage so fast and have enough armor that you can still put out decent numbers even if you get jumped by multiple mechs. Plus if you turn around quick enough and start shooting mechs as they come around a corner you can delay the enemy rotation which means you won't get ran over as quick.

#22 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:16 PM

Playing assaults is like driving a car, its a privilege, not a right. If you're afraid to actually fight the enemy mechs, while in an assault mech, then you don't deserve to be playing assault mechs. Similarly if you are a constant terribad unable to average above 200 match score (due to poor mech builds or poor situational awareness and tactics) and spend the majority of your playing time in assault mechs, you also don't deserve to be playing assault mechs. Unfortunately because they're too damn cheap in this game, there are thousands of terribads who think they qualify to use them simply because they spent the cbills on them and get the occasional fluke match where they pull their weight. So far in this thread I've seen the name of at least one chime in who has only every finished a month with an average over 200 TWICE in 3 1/2 years, and does spend a significant amount of time in assaults... much to the detriment of any team he (or she) is matched onto.

Edited by Dee Eight, 22 December 2019 - 09:36 PM.

#23 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:20 PM

^Expert on detrimental tactics

#24 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

View PostCyanogene, on 22 December 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

This is a pathetic goal for an assault. You can easily do more than that is certain medium (!) mechs.....................blah

You misunderstand. "500 damage and a kill is the goal that you should aim as bare minimum" is what I meant to say. You won't be doing more than that, especially 1k damage, else you would be in 95% or something.

#25 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostJake Doyle, on 21 December 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

The past few weeks have proven to me that this game is becoming so frustrating it's unplayable, I've found myself turning to the PS4. Every match the faster mechs only want to nascar, and outrun the assaults (which is what I play for the most part). Leaving us vulnerable and the first ones killed in the match... you know the rest. It's so bad that not only do I rarely get to see a win, I almost never even get to see a kill anymore, I'm chasing our faster mechs while I get caught from behind and have no chance, usually dead in the first 2 minutes of the match. It seems it is no longer a team, communicating game. I just came back to MWO about a year ago and have really enjoyed it until the past 3 weeks or so. I thought that MW5 would get rid of it as many "in the now" players would leave and the hardcore would stay. I guess I was wrong.

Faction play is what you seek

#26 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:23 PM

Assault class are still the BEST performing class in Quick Play, however your personal experiences may be.

#27 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:33 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 22 December 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Is CW still empty house in the already almost empty village of MWO?

#28 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:37 PM

No its busier now that group queue has died.

#29 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 22 December 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

not when you team drops against the RJF or other High Ranking Groups ;) its only frustrated

#30 Cyanogene

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 22 December 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

You misunderstand. "500 damage and a kill is the goal that you should aim as bare minimum" is what I meant to say. You won't be doing more than that, especially 1k damage, else you would be in 95% or something.

Ha, a forum warrior arguing class performance based on some useless stats, that's just something else lol. If you actually bothered to play the game you'd know that doing around 1k in a high performing assault is quite achievable, especially in QP. Hell, if I get less than 700 several drops in a row I straight up change the class to heavy or medium because I know that this day I'm just being terribad with the class. Just yesterday did several drops in a row in mad-3r doing 600-1k, and you're saying that you can't do better in a mech that can do twice the damage? Get outta here.

#31 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:59 AM

View PostCyanogene, on 23 December 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

Ha, a forum warrior arguing class performance based on some useless stats, that's just something else lol. If you actually bothered to play the game you'd know that doing around 1k in a high performing assault is quite achievable, especially in QP. Hell, if I get less than 700 several drops in a row I straight up change the class to heavy or medium because I know that this day I'm just being terribad with the class. Just yesterday did several drops in a row in mad-3r doing 600-1k, and you're saying that you can't do better in a mech that can do twice the damage? Get outta here.

Maybe this is your troll account or something but check Jarl's list. And also, get someone to hug you. You seem to jump at conclusions to relieve your pent up aggression. Doing 1k damage every time would put you in the 95% bracket.

#32 Cyanogene

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:17 AM

Jarl's list this and Jarl's list that. Those are useless statistics that don't represent your actual value as a player. In group play, MAYBE some of them are valid, but not in QP. In QP, people with best Jarl's stats are usually the cowards that just drag out lost matches by running away from the enemy team. You better use that time you have to actually play the game instead of looking at lists and giving bad advice on forums. And stop bringing up Jarl's list every time someone talks about being good in this game, the only Jarl I, personally, give a damn about is Jarl Balgruuf.

#33 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:02 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 December 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

Maybe this is your troll account or something but check Jarl's list. And also, get someone to hug you. You seem to jump at conclusions to relieve your pent up aggression. Doing 1k damage every time would put you in the 95% bracket.

Doing 1k damage every time would put you in the 99.5% bracket at the very least.

Aslo, don't waste your time with the butthurt clueless baddie-bad-badderson.

#34 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:25 AM

^...and doing 1k dmg in an Assault class mech is 25% out of the 99.5% bracket that you've mentioned.

Edited by MOBAjobg, 23 December 2019 - 04:25 AM.

#35 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:28 AM

View PostCyanogene, on 22 December 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

This is a pathetic goal for an assault. You can easily do more than that is certain medium (!) mechs.
You can easily do more than that in certain light mechs.

If you use an assault mech, you should either aim for 1k+ damage or at least several kills/KMDD, or else you are a waste of tonnage. I'm not counting occasional freak matches when everything is just against you and there's no way to pull your weight or the team is really weak, but if everything is under control and you roll with the group, you should just dish out punishment left, right and centre.
Incorrect. If a mech breaks 1K damage it's typically a sign of two things:
1. His teammates did not carry their weight and
2. The opfor was too passive to capitalize on #1.

View PostCyanogene, on 23 December 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

Jarl's list this and Jarl's list that. Those are useless statistics that don't represent your actual value as a player.
They represent how much you are statistically likely to contribute to your team's chance of success. In a team game, that is your value as a player.

And stop bringing up Jarl's list every time someone talks about being good in this game,
They bring it up because it's the most objective way to assess someone's performance, usually brought up because said person is a diletante trying to portray themselves as an expert.

Edited by Horseman, 23 December 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#36 Stormpaw

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:31 AM

View PostHorseman, on 23 December 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

They bring it up because it's the most objective way to assess someone's performance, usually because said person is a diletante trying to portray themselves as an expert.

dude, don't f*** with this guy, he "did several drops in a row in mad-3r doing 600-1k"

#37 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostCyanogene, on 23 December 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

Ha, a forum warrior arguing class performance based on some useless stats, that's just something else lol. If you actually bothered to play the game you'd know that doing around 1k in a high performing assault is quite achievable,

Then why is it you fail to achieve it so often yourself ? Or for that matter, even manage to play the game ? From May thru October of this year you failed to even total 10 matches per month, whereas Fragtastic does play the game every month and for the past year has averaged out close to 250 matches per month.

Thus...you are the forum warrior !!!

#38 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostCyanogene, on 23 December 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

Jarl's list this and Jarl's list that. Those are useless statistics that don't represent your actual value as a player. In group play, MAYBE some of them are valid, but not in QP. In QP, people with best Jarl's stats are usually the cowards that just drag out lost matches by running away from the enemy team. You better use that time you have to actually play the game instead of looking at lists and giving bad advice on forums. And stop bringing up Jarl's list every time someone talks about being good in this game, the only Jarl I, personally, give a damn about is Jarl Balgruuf.

Running away in a lost match isn't going to help much on Jarls since its main ranking goes by adjusted average match score, not survival rate. So you could maybe try to draw the game out a bit by kiting, making the enemy come in one by one to get kills and damage (basically keep trying to win the game) but just running away or hiding won't help you. 1000 damage games help far more than surviving does since damage is a big part of match score.

Edited by dario03, 23 December 2019 - 09:57 AM.

#39 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 December 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Then why is it you fail to achieve it so often yourself ?

Do tell

#40 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

Take off the lrms and use faster engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users