Remove Dom And Assault, And Put Conquest Back In

313 replies to this topic

#81 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

SO PICK THE MECHS THAT HAVE THE QUIRKS TO MAKE UP FOR IT, EMPLOY BETTER STRATS, TEACH YOUR PILOTS HOW AND WHERE TO SHOOT MECHS.

How is this so ******* hard?

News flash; the best ERLL trade mech on IS side uses a standard engine, and damn near outranges the best clan trade mech, has more armor than the best clan trade mech, exposes less than the best clan trade mech, and a big **** 5 ERLL alpha. NO CLAN MECH ALPHAS 5 ERLL.

Edited by Prototelis, 28 December 2019 - 01:22 PM.

#82 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:22 PM

View Postsinba1ew, on 28 December 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Have You ever used projectile weapon on clan?
It is not so hot that You would not be able to shoot...+ You wil not die from heat spike that easily unless You did terrible job menaging heat earlier and already have orange CT.

Also...it is still way better than dying to XL... i belive we can agree on that... losing shoulder reduces your capability but being dead downs them to 0.

wait, you guys don't redline your mechs all the time? no wonder you all do so little damage, you don't know how to ride the heatscale LMAO
Pepega. it's a wonder you all win anything.

Edited by MrSomaru, 28 December 2019 - 01:23 PM.

#83 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 28 December 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

I don't mean to be a goku, I'm just saiyan.

ISMO employs non-stop NSR against clans and they're 110% better at doing it than hodor.

EVIL basically invented LRM meta in FP after the giga-buffs, and I've only seen them lose while lrming a handful of times.

Y'all go nonstop on both and get your heads caved in for it. Obviously the problem is you.

Can you please stop this?

No one left that plays FP seriously gives a flying **** about the lore or techbases. We all play both sides and switch to kick off matches.

EVERYONE YOU ARE ARGUING WITH PLAYS BOTH TECHBASES.

FFS, I HAVE MORE IS MECHS THAN CLAN MECHS

I used "Claners" here as People who play clan, not as cultist of clan that wil refuse to play anything else
Stil works as asumption - If a group wants to win it optimises for win condition and even if it means spaming snipe (that being unfun for both sides cause its boring) than that group is likely to spam snipe.

#84 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

okay then, HHoD. Here's a challenge for you guys. One you will never do, so we'd never get the chance to prove you wrong because of stubbornness, and probably the fear that you know we're right and don't want to have it proven and shared everywhere to show what hypocrites you are that can't back anything up.
Go clan on faction side. Let the tryhards that normally run clan know, so we can queue up IS and still kick the crap out of you. It's not complicated. Show that every single one of you is wrong.
I know you won't do it though.

#85 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

^
^

Not leader, but ill sugest it, fun to do once but wouldnt want to stay clan side cause it is borring ...verry borring

Anyways... even that sugestion only shows that people do not want to play clan side... i would say that clan is unfun to play thus causing pplayers not to be interested

#86 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

View Postsinba1ew, on 28 December 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I used "Claners" here as People who play clan,

Lol, nice back pedal dude.

The thing is, you've been arguing with people that play both techbases instead of just one.

No one left playing that plays seriously gives a **** about tech base politics, and the majority of us agree that tech base balance in FP is pretty good.

PLAY BETTER MECHS, EMPLOY BETTER STRATS. Get better leaders if they can't adapt or refuse to learn.

#87 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

View Postsinba1ew, on 28 December 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

^
^

Not leader, but ill sugest it, fun to do once but wouldnt want to stay clan side cause it is borring ...verry borring

Anyways... even that sugestion only shows that people do not want to play clan side... i would say that clan is unfun to play thus causing pplayers not to be interested

sir, you've earned serious points just by even considering it. And no, I do enjoy playing clans. just not 100% of the time. Most larger groups tend to drop IS, since those are the most active units, like HHoD or GNX. so, there's roughly 24 people IS (or more) and a just a few puggies on clan side. Until the other players get together with friends, the ones that are arguing here with you guys the most will go clan for matches. easy cause and effect.

#88 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

lol, how is playing clans boring, but playing nothing but IS is not?

Can I get a little bit of what you're smoking?

lol, maybe IF you put together a clan group try to keep your people from calling hax when they get dumpstered.

Edited by Prototelis, 28 December 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#89 ABNORMALLY LARGE CHUNGUS

• Pip
  • The Ogre
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLigma

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:10 PM

Hoders gonna Hoder. Threads like this is why they have the reputation they do.

Butthurt boys, not men.

Go to MW5, boys.

#90 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

View Postsinba1ew, on 28 December 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

This is not logical.... o grow circle for this.... both situations happen...

Also...If games are short on domination it is because one of teams did not play objective, so If You are to cap and do not do it, lose and complain.... than complain because someone did cap on team....

Start distinguishing it from just games of scrimish where You kill all enemies, here You are supposed to cap
Lets think what happens if we enlarge circle - Clan wil sit back with ATM or the ERL-Lasers and just snipe while enemy tryies to get closer - effect? You turned domination into scrimish

SO? what someone might ask...
Well this man problem is not that circle is wrong size... his problem is he does not like domination and would like to play more kill to win.
Man - You win battle by killing, but war by geting things done.

not complaining about win or loss, complaining that i got to queue up for 30 minutes for a 3 minute game. proportionality must be observed.

my examples were pretty much back to back, one win, one loss, both bad, and both are pretty common occurrences in domination. win or lose its still bad design. get rid of token objectives. real objectives or skirmish.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 December 2019 - 02:33 PM.

#91 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

IS a tiny bit better than Clans at the moment, that's why all the bad players stack IS and good players to Clan, but unfortunately the tiny tech advantage isn't enough to overcome the huge skill gap so IS still loses LMAO.

#92 Queen V

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostHueyTheGreat, on 28 December 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

All IS will leave? Haha. Not GNX though as we are mainly an Inner Sphere Loyalist, we get rolled by the comp guys and that is fine, we learn from it and adapt by teaching recruits at trading and following meta mechs, Not all int he unit wants to do it but we are doing our best to have it implemented, slowly but surely. As we want this dying game to survive a little more. Bloop Asps? do you have any idea of how thin of a paper that mech is? try bringing pin point vomit/dakka mechs and you will see a BIG Difference.

i was making a point that if PGI keeps favouring with what the clan wants eventually the game will die.. no one that i know wants this game to die and that is why we are trying very hard to keep it going , our unit also does training and yes we learn to adapt and learn new ways to fight against the enemy that is the point of the game and the point i was making. we dont go run and cry about it.. its ridiculous that they are complaining so much ..

#93 Queen V

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:50 PM

View PostVxheous, on 28 December 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

901m range on super high mounts on Battlemaster 1G, tell me again how you can't trade vs clan with IS? You're spouting off about Comp/WC, yet don't even have a clue that EmP pre-dominantly used IS Assaults as our long ranged options (Battlemaster 1G, Stalker 5S, even Annihilator 1P)
Posted Image

2 RL 10 to make your side torsos extra tanky with bay doors closed:
Posted Image
Blood Asp OP, sure. Shoot here on every dakka Blood asp you see (Massive right torso from pretty much any angle), profit:
Posted Image

Oh wait, I forgot HHoD only knows how to lock missiles, and shoot static non-moving generators, my bad.

thats a good one.. bet it took you all day to come up with that one

#94 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostMrSomaru, on 28 December 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

sir, you've earned serious points just by even considering it. And no, I do enjoy playing clans. just not 100% of the time. Most larger groups tend to drop IS, since those are the most active units, like HHoD or GNX. so, there's roughly 24 people IS (or more) and a just a few puggies on clan side. Until the other players get together with friends, the ones that are arguing here with you guys the most will go clan for matches. easy cause and effect.

I understand, but You just bring what i brought time and time again...people do not want to play clan...at least not enough for people to sit in games...

I told You guys it is unlikely a accident that guys do not have fun in WAR OF MECHS while they shoot tower defence

Like what is supposed to be done? meaby make Clan MORE FUN TO PLAY...not more snipe'y....

#95 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 28 December 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

lol, how is playing clans boring, but playing nothing but IS is not?

Can I get a little bit of what you're smoking?

lol, maybe IF you put together a clan group try to keep your people from calling hax when they get dumpstered.

Welll.... i belive that my point did not sink in so ill do divide

IS:
  • run & shoot
  • menage heat to optimalize damage
  • Torso twist
  • JJ turn
  • work angles

Clan:
  • Bring laser vomit
  • walk 10m forward
  • vomit
  • walk 10 m backward
  • Repeat after cooling

Clan is boring due to playstyle being locked as tower shooting, while as IS i run & have a engaging experience.... until map gives enemy line of sight from 1300+ m away.

#96 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

View PostVageneMachine, on 28 December 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

i was making a point that if PGI keeps favouring with what the clan wants

lol.

View Postsinba1ew, on 28 December 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Welll.... i belive that my point did not sink in so ill do divide

IS:
  • run & shoot
  • menage heat to optimalize damage
  • Torso twist
  • JJ turn
  • work angles

You mean all of the same things you have to do in every mech?

Do you even play this game lol

lol @ clan laser vomit still being the boogieman when the heatscale of the entire game was changed to favor DPS builds. You know, that thing that IS mechs accel at.

Edited by Prototelis, 28 December 2019 - 03:05 PM.

#97 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 28 December 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

not complaining about win or loss, complaining that i got to queue up for 30 minutes for a 3 minute game. proportionality must be observed.

my examples were pretty much back to back, one win, one loss, both bad, and both are pretty common occurrences in domination. win or lose its still bad design. get rid of token objectives. real objectives or skirmish.

I really feel for You cause i wait for games long on the IS side... both sides are needed for game - Thats why i want clan to actually not relay on laser snipe spam...cause i would much rather play clan if it were not just feeling as sitting behind oldschool daka def like in WW2

Now being claner doesnt play fun...You either get to poke enemy with laser til they die or to LRM them...or You get to lose....cause vast majority of decks i see on clan side are snipe heavy...meaning it rarely is so that when we get close they win...

My best matches i had on virdant bog....where there is a lot of cover so clan brought daka...True... lost a lot of em... but they were most fun, cause it felt like it was battle of skil.... not just my luck deciding if i get close enough before enemy looks my way and than if i got with both legs just grinding through 2 or 3 snipers....
Virdant bog has shorter ranges and actually matches feel more engaging.... seemed like for both sides cause enemies were doing more than walking 10 m in & out of cover.

More of those maps, smaller objective focused matches might bring more emotions in

(+ i hope MW5 popularity wil drip onto MWO)

#98 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostNightbird, on 28 December 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

IS a tiny bit better than Clans at the moment, that's why all the bad players stack IS and good players to Clan, but unfortunately the tiny tech advantage isn't enough to overcome the huge skill gap so IS still loses LMAO.

Welll You are speaking of things You provide no example of...

How is it better... we do less alpha, get slaughtered by snipers and only hope is sometimies to light rush cause its harder to snipe fast mech.... How having heavier bigger tech in slower mech is advanagous?

Could You bring up what is so OP in IS?
Cause when we play on that so called OP IS side we do not experince anything OP in it

tho ill admit... Stealth is nice

#99 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:11 PM

NB is having a laugh. Situationally either techbase can be superior. Far more important is your team, and playing on HHOD's team is a massive handicap.

#100 NeirSolon

• PipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

Stealth is meme trash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users