Bug: Artemis Prevents Skill Increase

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kryolite

Rookie

• The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:24 AM

I noticed that despite using vast quantities of SRM +Artemis IV on my Atlas, the corresponding skill on my pilot was not increasing. In order to test it, I swapped them with the regular, non Artemis SRM's, and the skill started to increase post missions.
I repeated the test with the LRM +Artemis IV, and guess what, they had the same issue. Normal, non-Artemis version increases the pilot skill, while the Artemis IV version does not.

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:15 PM

guess it's saying . . don't need skill for Artemis Posted Image

yeah sounds like a bug

when you repeated to test, was it on the same mission ? did you load the mission again from a save, and rebuild to the other missile type, to test ?

had times the AI just never used any missiles, when they should have, frustrating when they do that, can you be sure they used the Artemis as much as the non-Artemis ? could be just that

might be easier to test in a Co-op, more control on missile use with a real player and not a AI

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 23 December 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:21 PM

I can confirm that bug, at least for player skill.
If you want to train your missile skill, don't equip Artemis until PGI fixes this.

#4 Graygan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:41 AM

Still having the same issue. I noticed with LRM artemis.

#5 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

You know I was just thinking about this, if the game doesn't consider artemis for the purpose of skill training, it might not consider artemis to be a missile skill at all for the purpose of benefiting from your skill competency.

Depending on how extensive the modding tool is, someone might want to go having a dig around for that.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

I don't think any modder should waste time on that. It's acknowledged as a bug by PG and should be easy enough to fix in one of the upcoming patches.

#7 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

Second patch and still no fix. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users