• 2,773 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

Check out the ALL THE THINGS! Sale and Event
Starts: Jan 4th 00:00 UTC
ENDS: Jan 14th 00:00 UTC
ALL THE THINGS! SALE DETAILS
ALL THE THINGS! SALE DETAILS
*EVERY MECH IN THE GAME
THAT CAN BE BOUGHT FOR MC or C_BILLS 50% OFF!
ALL PREMIUM TIME 50% OFF THE IN-GAME MC PRICE!
100 GSP BUNDLE 50% OFF THE MC PRICE IN-GAME!
MECHBAYS 50% OFF THE MC PRICE IN-GAME!
*Hero Mechs, Champion Mechs, and Standard Mechs
If I've missed one (that should be on sale) let me know in the thread.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

That face should be on a Piranha!

#3 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

That is a really old picture of K-9, from before you guys fixed the CT Laser placement. It would be fun/funny if we could put the light bar on other 'mechs. :D

#4 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

Wow "selling all" is cool, until you thought "hey, if they're selling all so what will be the next step?" Posted Image

P.S. at last I can buy some mech and will not feel myself like I'm wasting cb/mc without profit Posted Image

Edited by Pz_DC, 02 January 2020 - 04:06 PM.

#5 Stink Bug

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:22 PM

View PostPz_DC, on 02 January 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Wow "selling all" is cool, until you thought "hey, if they're selling all so what will be the next step?" Posted Image

P.S. at last I can buy some mech and will not feel myself like I'm wasting cb/mc without profit Posted Image

Yeah this might indicate the ramping up of the closure of MWO, giving peeps a chance to experience everything before it goes down. I for one will be sad to this game go, for all it's flaws I usually had a blast playing.

#6 Zinn Mungsin

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:48 PM

Great to see another event already. Buying some more Mech bays for sure and making a list of Mechs I plan to buy with C Bills. Thank you Piranha.

#7 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:54 PM

I have to admit, I had a similar thought, hopefully misplaced. I have to think that after a mere 6 years the game dies only because they want it to...a money thing no doubt.

I am sure some re-visioning, strategic changes to the game and business model, and suffering through the 6th year doldrums can see the whole thing moving positively forward along side Mercs 5.

#8 Stink Bug

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:41 PM

View PostKitK, on 02 January 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

I have to admit, I had a similar thought, hopefully misplaced. I have to think that after a mere 6 years the game dies only because they want it to...a money thing no doubt.

I am sure some re-visioning, strategic changes to the game and business model, and suffering through the 6th year doldrums can see the whole thing moving positively forward along side Mercs 5.

I have to wonder if they were banking on MW5 revitalizing interest in the Mechwarrior franchise and usher in fresh blood and money for MWO. They deliberately avoided implementing true multiplayer mode for it after all. Unfortunately they may have screwed themselves fulfilling that plan by limiting storefront availability. Can't blame them too much if they were actually in dire financial straits and needed that quick dirty Tencent money to stay afloat, but they might've hurt themselves in the long run.

#9 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:00 PM

The potential prospects of this sale make me sad, as noted above... still, I would love to see this game and its servers continue on for another of couple of years, at least.

PGI, perhaps you could crowdfund the servers?

Just think about the possibility.

#10 Silfarionblade

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:26 PM

All the doom and gloom in this thread is silly. I just started playing, and I'm excited to see what comes next!

#11 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

Everything must go!

See what I did there?

#12 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:19 PM

MW5 will be out in steam next year right?

#13 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

Or maybe, you know, start the new year by being able to buy A LOT of stuff cheap to help the game chug along ...

Oh look, Mech Bays for sale. The one thing asked for the most ^_^

#14 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

Can we please get that face as a decal reward for the event? Or hell, just available at all?

#15 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:03 PM

View PostSilfarionblade, on 02 January 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

All the doom and gloom in this thread is silly. I just started playing, and I'm excited to see what comes next!

Agreed. I suppose Matt's time is better spend elsewhere than sorting out which mech has not been on discount the longest. Promiting MW5 for example. PGI already said that MWO is not the main (or any) source of income anymore, so the main job on MWO side is to keep the player count up and offer the PvP element that MW5 is lacking.

Events and discount galore is the way to go as soon as you realize that this is a strategic decision and you do not have to keep "resources & income" scarce for the remaining or new MWO players.

@Silfarionblade:
Welcome to the community, have fund playing MW5 and MWO and feel free to ask if you have any troubles getting started.

Although: The first phrase that came to mind when i read the news was: "Räumungsschlußverkauf" (SCNR). Will stock up on mechbays and another job well done Matt!

#16 xVoidxHammerx

Rookie

• The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:02 PM

thanks for the events pgi how about some NEW mech chassis to help revitalize your game maybe 2 or 3 NEW maps as well remember if you take care of your cash cow your cash cow will take care of you ;)

#17 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

View PostPz_DC, on 02 January 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

I am going to buy some 'Mechs that I do not have yet too.

View PostLithology, on 02 January 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

The potential prospects of this sale make me sad, as noted above... still, I would love to see this game and its servers continue on for another of couple of years, at least.

PGI, perhaps you could crowdfund the servers?

Just think about the possibility.

Russ Bullock talked about turning MWO to a subscription model.

View PostxVoidxHammerx, on 02 January 2020 - 11:02 PM, said:

thanks for the events pgi how about some NEW mech chassis to help revitalize your game maybe 2 or 3 NEW maps as well remember if you take care of your cash cow your cash cow will take care of you Posted Image

I do not know why PGI does not take some CW maps, modify them slightly (I mean, delete/change the central bottleneck area and otherwise keep the rest off the map (some 85%) intact) and put them in Quick Play selection.

Edited by martian, 02 January 2020 - 11:32 PM.

#18 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:18 AM

View PostSilfarionblade, on 02 January 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

It was like this 4 years ago when i joined .We have had sales and events every month for the past two years . NO i dont think the servers are shutting down next month .

Welcome to MWO bro .

#19 ClawsofIron

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:04 AM

This is a great event for broke, old, solahma Warriors like me.

Edited by IronClaws, 03 January 2020 - 01:04 AM.

#20 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:15 AM

Am I the only one who feels like this is an "all must go cose' we're closing down" fire-sale?

I can't remember when there's ever been a sale this all-encompassing.. can you?

Next step in a few months maybe - everything is free like in the PTS.. and then server shut down?

Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users