Jump to content

Lrms And Fw


116 replies to this topic

#1 mrmike5234

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:02 AM

This is just my opinion and sent to PGI as a suggestion. Since they buffed lrms you see more and more in the matches and I'm over it. Unskilled players sometimes deciding the outcome of a match and rewarded for doing so. Flame away.



Hi, I looked on the web site and didn't see the support@mwomercs.com so I'm sending this to you.


I have had it with the long range missiles.


So, here I am in FW having a good time shooting stompy robots.


The next thing you know there's the "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES" alert. Totally ruins the game play for me when someone interjects themselves into a fight they have no business being involved in.

Not to mention sometimes half the team is running lrm boats. Its been especially bad recently as school is out for the holidays, there's an event on and its the weekend. The perfect lrmegeddon if you will.


Yes I've run lrms before, most of us have, its a learning curve.


How about a place for the lrmers and just for lrmers? 24 lrm boats lrming away to their hearts content.


Barring that, how about an option for me to opt out of getting lrmed into the ground? Or at least a weekend or an event sans lrms.


I will pay cold hard CASH to be able to play this game without hearing the words, "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES".


Thank you for your time.


mrmike5234


Edited by mrmike5234, 03 January 2020 - 11:03 AM.


#2 KH Slaine

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:28 AM

Acquire 60%, or more, radar deprivation in the skill tree, carry AMS, ECM, or snuggle up to team mate carrying such. Find/use cover effectively. Hunt down LRM boats to short range and destroy. Combine all these methods to lessen the hurt.
You'll get no much better answer. (I'm sure I missed something.) LRMs are part of the game. Adapt, re-think, survive. IMHO. Non flame, friendly chatter.

Nothing more gratifying than hearing that warning and receiving minimal to no damage due to your efforts at anti-LRM tactics.

Edited by KH Slaine, 03 January 2020 - 11:31 AM.


#3 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

View Postmrmike5234, on 03 January 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

How about a place for the lrmers and just for lrmers? 24 lrm boats lrming away to their hearts content.


but who's going to hold locks? the match would end with a tie, score 0:0

#4 ccrider

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:38 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 03 January 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:


but who's going to hold locks? the match would end with a tie, score 0:0
holding locks is dangerous. Two nights ago I locked onto a hellbringer, blew off his ecm torso then killed him. Then a wave of friendly missiles arrived as I was running over his corpse and leveled me into the dirt. Press r for suicide by team mate. :P

#5 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

Sweet, a lrms were buffed thread.

Just reduce missile health on auto aim more to create an actual AMS mechlab tax.

Edited by Prototelis, 03 January 2020 - 03:05 PM.


#6 _Magno_

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

Dealing with LRMs is a learning curve.

It has its own reward to balance the game.

It forces communication and understanding which mechs can and do pack ECM, AMS and learning the maps.

LRMs taught me to play the game better. I'm grateful for it.

There are some games where there are plenty of LRM boats and if the enemy is well cordinated, using good scouts, they will penaloze you hard for it.

Is the game better if it forces communication? I believe so.

So if folks are complaining that they are trying to snipe, dakka, brawl or do their own thing and LRMs ruin it for them, well please consider that the game isn't about 20k players and 817 mechs all balanced poorly to benefit you.

#7 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

^ So I take it you've never been part of or on the other side of an organized lrm drop in FP.

#8 theUgly

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

View Postmrmike5234, on 03 January 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

This is just my opinion and sent to PGI as a suggestion. Since they buffed lrms you see more and more in the matches and I'm over it. Unskilled players sometimes deciding the outcome of a match and rewarded for doing so. Flame away.



Hi, I looked on the web site and didn't see the support@mwomercs.com so I'm sending this to you.



I have had it with the long range missiles.



So, here I am in FW having a good time shooting stompy robots.



The next thing you know there's the "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES" alert. Totally ruins the game play for me when someone interjects themselves into a fight they have no business being involved in.

Not to mention sometimes half the team is running lrm boats. Its been especially bad recently as school is out for the holidays, there's an event on and its the weekend. The perfect lrmegeddon if you will.



Yes I've run lrms before, most of us have, its a learning curve.



How about a place for the lrmers and just for lrmers? 24 lrm boats lrming away to their hearts content.



Barring that, how about an option for me to opt out of getting lrmed into the ground? Or at least a weekend or an event sans lrms.



I will pay cold hard CASH to be able to play this game without hearing the words, "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES".



Thank you for your time.



mrmike5234





Mike ... you remember the times when we were dropping
,command calling pugs on Strana Mechty, pushing in to a firing lines
and getting stomped for hours on end by prime Evil, Irex , MJ12, BT
day after day that turned in to months ?

Non of them used lrms while they rolled us,
not knowing we even existed as an organized team of 4-6-8-12 man.

In return, actually that payed off.

Whoever wasnt one of those 12 man good units above ..
was getting stomped out all the way back to their drop zone on assault siege or defending siege
and that included plenty of 12 man or 12 man units at the time.

PGI are cheap in every way possible and out to get money.
All we needed was a new siege map every month to keep up the interest
of the vets going and they didnt deliver even that so most of our people just left.

Dont complain.
You want the game to be back to what it was ?

Dont hope PGI to do something.
Get the new players .. which are plenty... back to strana and the rest of the team speaks.
Teach them what mechs to drop.
Teach them strategy and team play.
Get 12 unit men going back again.
Never skip hard calling a single game for your unit and people ,
not only calling a targets 15 sectors away every 20 minutes.

Until you are ready to work for it ..dont wait for the game to change.
They are running LRMS because they havent been stomped 50 times in a roll.

#9 _Magno_

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 03 January 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

^ So I take it you've never been part of or on the other side of an organized lrm drop in FP.


Yes. Once the oppossing side tried it, and it failed and we were not particulary organized.

In FP, organized firelines of any kind are the most affective.

We were in a FP last night and 5 LRMs on our side did jack **** as we watched AMS shoot down most, locks were hard to get and they rushed with snipe and took out individual LRMs.

It was quite impressive.



#10 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

Then you played a team that wasn't organized, lol.

#11 Mechi Messer

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho-ni
  • Tai-sho-ni
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:03 AM

I drop at least one 4ams corsair on some maps. Makes it quite bareable against the usual rag tag opponents. Prototelis is right though. If you don't bring a lot of those corsairs every wave decent players with clrm-bazillionboats and a couple of narcers just delete stuff. Good players delete stuff somewhat regardless of weaponsystem but I certainly feel better when somebody with good aim and direct fire kills me instead of autoaim.

#12 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:46 AM

View Postmrmike5234, on 03 January 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

This is just my opinion and sent to PGI as a suggestion. Since they buffed lrms you see more and more in the matches and I'm over it. Unskilled players sometimes deciding the outcome of a match and rewarded for doing so. Flame away.



Hi, I looked on the web site and didn't see the support@mwomercs.com so I'm sending this to you.



I have had it with the long range missiles.



So, here I am in FW having a good time shooting stompy robots.



The next thing you know there's the "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES" alert. Totally ruins the game play for me when someone interjects themselves into a fight they have no business being involved in.

Not to mention sometimes half the team is running lrm boats. Its been especially bad recently as school is out for the holidays, there's an event on and its the weekend. The perfect lrmegeddon if you will.



Yes I've run lrms before, most of us have, its a learning curve.



How about a place for the lrmers and just for lrmers? 24 lrm boats lrming away to their hearts content.



Barring that, how about an option for me to opt out of getting lrmed into the ground? Or at least a weekend or an event sans lrms.



I will pay cold hard CASH to be able to play this game without hearing the words, "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES".



Thank you for your time.



mrmike5234




Surely this is some kind of joke, is it not?

#13 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:17 AM

View Postmartian, on 04 January 2020 - 01:46 AM, said:

Surely this is some kind of joke, is it not?


Probably not, it can be frustrating when some noob puts a circle in a box and kills you without you having any ability to fight back just because you havent spent all drop hugging vertical walls like a little girl (assuming they even exist on the current map). It's just so much easier to compound damage by lrm boats vs other types of mechs, your mech can literally be erased in 2-3 seconds by 4 mechs you cant even see, even when you're behind cover, but oh joy turns out they just have the angle on you

#14 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:36 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 04 January 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

Probably not, it can be frustrating when some noob puts a circle in a box and kills you without you having any ability to fight back just because you havent spent all drop hugging vertical walls like a little girl (assuming they even exist on the current map). It's just so much easier to compound damage by lrm boats vs other types of mechs, your mech can literally be erased in 2-3 seconds by 4 mechs you cant even see, even when you're behind cover, but oh joy turns out they just have the angle on you


I remember premades sitting in their ridiculously quirked 'Mechs and forming ideal firing lines, farming noobs effortlessly. So now it is different? Interesting.

#15 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

personally I'm no fan of "premades sitting back in firing lines"

but the difference is in one case you can fight back, in the other you can't. Also to walk into an enemy firing line by yourself means you have to really f*** up (happens, but that's a major mistake). To get rained on by multiple lrm boats simultaneously you don't have to do anything wrong at all

#16 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:49 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 04 January 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

personally I'm no fan of "premades sitting back in firing lines"

but the difference is in one case you can fight back, in the other you can't. Also to walk into an enemy firing line by yourself means you have to really f*** up (happens, but that's a major mistake). To get rained on by multiple lrm boats simultaneously you don't have to do anything wrong at all

I see.

So when noobs attacked through the gate because there was no other way in - let's say on Boreal Vault - and were vaporized in the moment they appeared in the doors by a dozen of overquirked BattleMasters and Stalkers they could not even see ... they ****** it up and should have fought back somehow in 2-3 seconds before they died. That was their mistake.

But when certain players die in 2-3 seconds by 'Mechs they can't even see ... that's not their mistake - that's someone's else fault. It is clear to me now.

#17 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:57 AM

I'm glad we're on the same page.

Just FYI I'm a big proponent of any groups that are 6+ to go on attack unless its absolutely impossible to get a drop

#18 Nightbird

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:45 PM

I take less than 10% of the damage I receive in FP as LRMs, I wonder if it is the playstyle.

#19 Ignatius Audene

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:27 AM

Corsair and / or stay ot of 1100. Boring but funny to see all the lrm boats get salty. Bad point is that on some maps (caustic)... todo so u actually have to fight in / behind your spawn sometimes. But i dont care for what a lrm team is calling me names ;)

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 05 January 2020 - 03:29 AM.


#20 Spheroid

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,940 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

Maybe invest in some Corsairs since they are on sale.

Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users