Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:31 PM

I'm partial to "pariah poindexter" myself

#82 AndiMech

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:52 AM

Setting: FP, Alpine Peaks, at the end of a stomp 40-20(?)
Someone in your team wanted to help the poor guys by giving this advice in allchat, to the many lurmers on the enemy side: "PLEASE! Stop bringing lurms to Faction!"
The one Lurmer in your team starts argueing "bla bla ... try winning a game WITHOUT missile support ... bla bla".Posted Image

Who gives a **** about buffs or nerfs of LRMS, grow up, gid gud, take stuff that you can carry in, and dont let others do the work! Realize on every ******* LOSS, that you had a big part in facilitating it! Why? Cause your woohoo 300 damage, across all components of 10 mechs DIDN'T HELP!

I accepted a group invite from u HD exactly two times, then i read the names in the group(and recognized half of them as stupid lock on players) and said to myself:
"NO! I wont be the idiot who does the work in front, and then gets the "reward" of killing a mech taken away by some ****** lurmer in the back".
Nothing is more annoying than trying to focus a component on a mech when you are in a brawl, when it constandly gets hit by lrms on chainfire from 5 guys... and in the end you may get the KMDD, but your armor is ****** and the noob in the back gets the kill... REALLY SATISFYING!
HONESTLY, in some matches i simply stop hitting the R key altogether... so that i have a clear sight on the target and manage to get at least some kills,...Posted Image
If you ask me, lurms are cancer and need a NERF, cause they focus the legs too much, and that is how YOU GUYS get ALL your kills!

Also: I dislike stomps, they are no fun and i honestly feel for the other team... BUT, if i see some kind of lock-ons on half of the enemy team... well, i just think that somehow some kind of balance still exists in this world... Posted Image

Edited by AndiMech, 23 January 2020 - 06:56 AM.

#83 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 January 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

Can you even tell me what my point was, and why your answer is totally unrelated to it, without having to read the next sentence ?

You presume I read the question, care about it and I'm not just here to troll the lurmtard for lulz. Posted Image

#84 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 22 January 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

For the record, that's for indirect lock-on time, from a long range, that time has been increased.

Attempting a weapon lock in direct LOS will see a 20% reduction in weapon lock-on time over the previous universal lock-on base time.

Yes, the maximum lock time reduction for direct sight was 75% in 2018, and in 2019 it was nerfed from that 75% reduction down to the 20% reduction you just mentioned.

I will rephrase that sentence : In 2018 the minimum direct sight lock time was 25% (100%-75%=25%), in 2020 it has become 80% (100%-20%=80%). Meaning the minimum lock time has been more then tripled, from 25% to 80%
Anyway my question had nothing to do with indirect locks or myself, and you didn't answer it.

View PostPrototelis, on 22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

Trolling.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 January 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

Users for the most part have no clue what they are talking about and should refrain from making statements/comments on things they do not understand.

I agree : Seems nobody understood my question about direct locks.

View PostStStalky, on 22 January 2020 - 03:08 PM, said:

Trolling.

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 22 January 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

Trolling.

View PostPrototelis, on 22 January 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

Trolling.

View PostAndiMech, on 23 January 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

If you ask me, lurms are...

Sorry, nobody did.

View PostDionnsai, on 23 January 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

You presume I read the question, care about it and I'm not just here to troll the lurmtard for lulz. Posted Image

More like I wanted to demonstrate how many were.

Well at least one did read the question, but even he didn't understand it wasn't related to me or to indirect locks.

#85 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

If you attempted to LRM with LoS (the whole point of the changes)...

You'd find all your problems would go away.

But you'd rather hiding in a ditch behind 11 other players. You make your choice, live with it.
It was a net buff to LRM, the patch notes show it... You just refuse to adapt.

#86 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 January 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

If you attempted to LRM with LoS (the whole point of the changes)...

You'd find all your problems would go away.

If you attempted to read the question, you'd find an answer loosely related to it, instead of only rehashing the same single answer regardless of what is happening around you.

Coz if you read the half-sentence right above your post, it literally says : "he didn't understand it wasn't related to me or to indirect locks".

#87 YouKnowNothing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWhy are we here? Just to suffer?

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:06 PM

Hey all, sorry to barge in like this in the middle of your arguments, but... Target Decay mechanic should not have been added to the game.Remove it, give 100% Radar Derp for free to all mechs, and you've solved 80% of the problems caused by mass LRM span from Bumf#©kNowhere. Sure, you'll have every LRM affictionato out there raging and raving about the unfairness of it all, but... Eh... Who cares anywhay?

#88 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:50 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 23 January 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

If you attempted to read the question, you'd find an answer loosely related to it, instead of only rehashing the same single answer regardless of what is happening around you.

Coz if you read the half-sentence right above your post, it literally says : "he didn't understand it wasn't related to me or to indirect locks".

If you attempted to use some weapons that required some skill we wouldn't be here. You have made this all about YOU and the fact it takes a few seconds to get a lock on targets you can't even see. Move up coward, get your own locks and watch how much faster the real locking time is, but make no mistake everytime i see you on my team i will TK you, change or die

#89 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:47 PM

Let the dude lurm in peace, holy ****. Ya, their the worst weapon in the game shy of rocket launchers, and yes, its annoying as **** when your pugs bring them, but baggin on the guy isnt going to get him to change his behavior, and its unpleasant seeing so much negativity bottled inside such a small community.

Let him shout his ignorance from the mountains until he notices that no ones listening, then he may calm down and have a civil discoussion. Riling him and the other chronic lurmers up like this isnt super constructive, and it isnt a good look for the fw community.

#90 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

A good look?

Pretty sure we would all be happy if Humble ******* gave up his lock-on addiction, learned to play the game, and actually helped his team.

But he won't, because he is now, and always will be, a ******* loser.

#91 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:25 PM

View Postevilelrond, on 23 January 2020 - 08:47 PM, said:

Let the dude lurm in peace, holy ****. Ya, their the worst weapon in the game shy of rocket launchers, and yes, its annoying as **** when your pugs bring them, but baggin on the guy isnt going to get him to change his behavior, and its unpleasant seeing so much negativity bottled inside such a small community.

Let him shout his ignorance from the mountains until he notices that no ones listening, then he may calm down and have a civil discoussion. Riling him and the other chronic lurmers up like this isnt super constructive, and it isnt a good look for the fw community.

He has one of the most toxic playstyles in the game, next to what FAIT does of course, is absolutely ignorant of numbers and facts. All we can do is keep pointing it out until his foolishness expends itself or until he gets reported for it enough that someone takes action. I've seen few players as hated as him in the entire game.

#92 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:48 PM

I ask simple questions :
- In what way has tripling the minimum direct sight lock-time encouraged using direct sight ?
- In what way has replacing the TAG lock-time reduction with a much smaller flat automatic lock-time reduction that doesn't require a TAG, increased the skill requirements for using LRMs ?
- In what way has replacing the NARC lock-time reduction with a much smaller flat automatic lock-time reduction that doesn't require a NARC, increased the teamplay aspect of using LRMs ?
- Can you name me an energy weapon that requires a harder and longer display of your prized twitch aiming skills to get anything out of, then a TAG ?
- Can you name me a weapon that encourages and typically depends on teamplay, more then a NARC ?
- Can you name me anything at all that requires less skills of any kind to use, then an AMS ?
- Do you realize how harder it is to maintain a lock long enough to be useful to anyone, then to take a potshot for your own sake ?

We get it, you hate teamplay based weapon mechanics, you hate complexity beyond shooting what's in front of you in a straight line, you hate diversity... you just want everyone to stick only to the same kind of weapons you do, and preferably only put them on the same kind of mech you're using...

Well go play yourself a basic FPS shooter, preferably one with no player stats and a single instant-hit straight-firing weapon with unlimited ammunition that can't be upgraded such as a laser gun. That's where I'd be if I wanted to go demonstrate my twitch skills somewhere, instead of bugging you right here with the kind of asymmetrical warfare your twitch brain simply can't seem to cope with, but PGI says it has to anyway.

As for me I'm fine kicking you out of your aim straight and press button hardwired twitch routine, and the day I drop LRMs is the day everyone else takes them up : LRMs are here to stay.

When you join MWO you get to choose what kind of mech you can bring, but you sure as hell don't get to choose what weapons it's allowed to be shot by.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 24 January 2020 - 12:34 AM.

#93 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 23 January 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

We get it, you hate teamplay based weapon mechanics, you hate complexity beyond shooting what's in front of you in a straight line, you hate diversity...

Its about the trajectorys, lost of players in lots of games dont like lrms, grenades, grenadelauchers or mortas, because they force the players to think 3-dimensional.
You dont have to think in 25 squares, but in 125 blocks if you think in 3 dimensions, dont expect too much...

We can also add the "i didnt see what have killed me annoyance", that we can also see in the "lights are to strong because i didnt see him killing me from the back" posts in the forum or in other games in the "assasin"/"steath"/sniper discussions.

But staying back is not the best way to play lrms, you can do better with them, if you would use all options of them.

The changes i dont like too, i hit a lot more dirt with my direct lrms, i still feel the locktime for direct is slower and the difference between indirect locktime/retention/derp is not well balanced but they are still playable.
The ammobuff was absurd and increased the spam what led to another complex solution for a simple problem, until this patch, lrms where ok.

Edited by Kroete, 24 January 2020 - 02:57 AM.

#94 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:39 AM

View PostKroete, on 24 January 2020 - 02:04 AM, said:

Its about the trajectorys, lost of players in lots of games dont like lrms, grenades, grenadelauchers or mortas, because they force the players to think 3-dimensional.
You dont have to think in 25 squares, but in 125 blocks if you think in 3 dimensions, dont expect too much...

We can also add the "i didnt see what have killed me annoyance", that we can also see in the "lights are to strong because i didnt see him killing me from the back" posts in the forum or in other games in the "assasin"/"steath"/sniper discussions.

But staying back is not the best way to play lrms, you can do better with them, if you would use all options of them.

The changes i dont like too, i hit a lot more dirt with my direct lrms, i still feel the locktime for direct is slower and the difference between indirect locktime/retention/derp is not well balanced but they are still playable.
The ammobuff was absurd and increased the spam what led to another complex solution for a simple problem, until this patch, lrms where ok.

Trying to make yourself feel intelligent with your simulated 3D play is absurd. You aren't thinking in 3D, you are standing behind a rock/your team and letting them do the work while you hold a circle over a square and push a button. You aren't some tactical genius, you're just playing the easy mode. A player with jump jets and PPCs is using way more "3D thinking" than you ever will with lrms.

Also, yes it's very frustrating, we get positioned on the field, set up to out-trade someone on the other team and see who has the best ability as a pilot, and mid-fight some joker behind a rock butts in with his lock ons and in many cases steals the kill that the trader worked hard for. The frustration isn't just with being lurmed, but with lurmers on our own team.

Lurmers do not win matches or earn kills, they're the kid who was lucky enough when he got picked last to get picked by the winners.

This is easily demonstrated when you see an "LRM team". In that case, you have 10 or 11 pilots standing around waiting for the guy in the Narc mech to get them a lock so they can feel important raining their LRMS on the poor guy who was unlucky enough to get Narc'd. Insert mental picture of 10 behemoths shouting "NOMNOMNOM" while one guy runs around loading up the buffet table.

Edited by Dionnsai, 24 January 2020 - 08:00 AM.

#95 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:06 AM

R.I.P.

#96 AndiMech

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:33 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 23 January 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Posted ImageAndiMech, on 23 January 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:
If you ask me, lurms are...

Sorry, nobody did.

Well, maybe you should...
But i see, while every normal person who "gives a ****" starts thinking if 98.5/100 of the people hate them... you keep on doing "YOUR THING".. Posted Image

#97 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:15 AM

We get it, you hate teamplay based weapon mechanics,

looooooool

Too bad your idea of "teamplay based weapon" is "Imma hide over here while you teamplay for me."

Base lock time is faster than it was before. You lost the Artemis and tag bonuses, which lol did not make locks 3 times faster. Not like it should matter to you, because you don't really get your own locks. Artemis was a free bonus to missile systems without Artemis, I'm happy the lock time bonus is gone.

Edited by Prototelis, 24 January 2020 - 10:18 AM.

#98 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

I ask simple questions :
- In what way has tripling the minimum direct sight lock-time encouraged using direct sight ? Use less lrm's
- In what way has replacing the TAG lock-time reduction with a much smaller flat automatic lock-time reduction that doesn't require a TAG, increased the skill requirements for using LRMs ? Use less lrms
- In what way has replacing the NARC lock-time reduction with a much smaller flat automatic lock-time reduction that doesn't require a NARC, increased the teamplay aspect of using LRMs ? Use less lrms
- Can you name me an energy weapon that requires a harder and longer display of your prized twitch aiming skills to get anything out of, then a TAG ? Twitch aiming skills only help minor, this is not a split second game where your dead in less than a second, heavy large lazers
- Can you name me a weapon that encourages and typically depends on teamplay, more then a NARC ? Any weapon, narc only good if you bring missles. Moving with your team and pressing them is more teamplay than narcing.
- Can you name me anything at all that requires less skills of any kind to use, then an AMS ? you dont use ams, it does all the work itself, so the weapon that requires the least amount of skill in the game is LRM's
- Do you realize how harder it is to maintain a lock long enough to be useful to anyone, then to take a potshot for your own sake ? If you didn't use lock weapons you could fire as soon as you got your crosshairs on a mech, you know while moving up with your team and sharing armor.

We get it, you hate teamplay based weapon mechanics, you hate complexity beyond shooting what's in front of you in a straight line, you hate diversity... you just want everyone to stick only to the same kind of weapons you do, and preferably only put them on the same kind of mech you're using... We try to encourage it, but your like an old slave owner trying to justify owning slaves well after slavery ended. You dont have to use exact builds we use, plenty of options out there besides no skill lrm.

Well go play yourself a basic FPS shooter, preferably one with no player stats and a single instant-hit straight-firing weapon with unlimited ammunition that can't be upgraded such as a laser gun. That's where I'd be if I wanted to go demonstrate my twitch skills somewhere, instead of bugging you right here with the kind of asymmetrical warfare your twitch brain simply can't seem to cope with, but PGI says it has to anyway. Once again this not a twitch style game, which is why i like it over the fps games. You have to hold your crosshairs over the same component to tear down your enemy quick. Yet you seem to want to complain that you have to aim in order to get damage. The more you talk the more I want to tk you

As for me I'm fine kicking you out of your aim straight and press button hardwired twitch routine, and the day I drop LRMs is the day everyone else takes them up : LRMs are here to stay. The day you drop them is the day you will see less lrm's being used.

When you join MWO you get to choose what kind of mech you can bring, but you sure as hell don't get to choose what weapons it's allowed to be shot by. There are other weapons besides lrm, grow up kid, you have been doing the same thing for years now. Everyone goes through an lrm phase but grow out of it. There are maps that are good for it, but your no skill having sorry *** brings it every map and every mech. You are worthless as a teammate and you sure as hell don't narc so this "teamplay" you speak of never is done by you. No you just want to sit back as far as your coward lrm's allow you. You suck at the game and have no skill what so ever. All the lock time increases you speak of well thats the game telling you its time to move on from your toxic play style.

Every single problem you have can be solved by you simply using ballistics and energy weapons more. That simple

Edited by The Jewce Iz Loose, 24 January 2020 - 02:26 PM.

#99 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

even when sticking to lurms -for whatever reason- you could teamplay. the thing is: you don't WANT to.

I dropped with a lot of people that use lurms, be it because their system is sh+tty, their connection is sh+tty, or that they have personal physical limits; NONE of those ever hang back and did what you did, ALL of them I could count on to be at my side and share fire, targets and armor.

face it, dex: you do NONE of the things you expect from a teamplayer, and its not for your lurms, but because you like being an egoistic parasite.
thankfully, there is only a handful of people in this game that plague the fw-queue like you do - else I would've gotten a permaban early on;
I fondly remember the times when leeches got warned for doing "their thing", then warned again, and finally TK'd in turn, four times, by four different people. quite frankly that needs to happen more often, again.

#100 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:45 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 24 January 2020 - 07:39 AM, said:

You aren't thinking in 3D, you are standing behind a rock/your team and letting them do the work while you hold a circle over a square and push a button. ....

Start bitching after the first part or the second?
Because in the 3. i said hubmle that he could do better if he would not only use indirect.
Maybe this little sentence was not easy enough for you to understand?

I dont feel intelligent because i know intelligent* people, but i also know dumb people and people that cant even understand a short, simple sentence. And i know that you need 2-3 of these to average the iq of an intelligent person.

*One has done some math (i barely understand what he was doing) for the nasa and a girl (we are cooking together often) is a genetic engineer. At the time i was working as precision engineer for the university, it was in the institute for quantum physics, i was building some prototyps for their research with them together. Most of them were more intelligent then me, but i was still able to understand their binary jokes.

Edited by Kroete, 24 January 2020 - 10:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users