228 replies to this topic

#221 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:48 AM

View PostVxheous, on 03 February 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

Yup, pretty sure I spent close to an hr chatting with Bloodwolf specifically about sulfurous as you were streaming sulfurous yesterday, which lead to those positioning pictures.

Hey, thanks for all you are giving the community. Goes for Ash as well. Much apppruciated!

#222 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

View PostO L L O, on 05 February 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

Hey, thanks for all you are giving the community. Goes for Ash as well. Much apppruciated!

True, it's good that this community still have such a great people. As for my new player opinion I don't have grudge againts anybody here. But I know that sometimes it's not easy to forget. I would be very pleased if we could leave behind the "toxicity topics". And I want to humbly apologize for my broken English. It's broken for many reasons. Ironically, partly because of my job which should help me in using English, but it's not.

Edited by Bistrorider, 05 February 2020 - 10:55 AM.

#223 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 09 February 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

So last night I had a Solaris 7 match where I was out of weapons and the opponent ran out of ammo. So, we were left there trying to turtle-hump each other to death until the timer ran out and.....yeah I want physical attacks. I know we used to have them and they were removed instead of just finding a better way to implement the feature.

https://mwomercs.com...05#entry5992605

People were trolled and all that but, in this video.....I mean no duh you dont walk up face-to-face with an atlas. Your going to get curb-stomped, duh! You dont even do that in the board game. And this would end the Piranha's little rain of terror on assault mechs. Obviously the get-up animation and the time it takes could be sped up but, its also a good way to teach people not to stand in an assault mechs front arc or be in such a bad position that you take 200+ damage a second or whatever is required to trigger a piloting skill roll.

Just nerf the piloting skill roll probability for falls (for every 200 damage/sec instead of 20/10 sec, death from above whether through jump jets or mario dropping on an opponent, missing a kick, leg destruction, etc)

Everyone one is a clan pilot 3/4 (91.7% chance of success before modifiers) cut all the modifiers in half
catapults and mechs without hands can only kick when the physical button is pressed with a mech tonnage/20 cooldown in seconds, kicks with the rearmost leg when walking or the right leg as the default when standing still.

Mechs with hands like an atlas can only punch with the same cooldown but, treated like an ultra AC where if the physical button is pressed again during the first cooldown they can then throw a left hand jab/swing and then the ton/20 cooldown
and physical attacks will also do damage to the limb that contacted the opponent/object unlike the board game.

Good piranha pilots would be largely unaffected by the addition of melee because you generally don't need or want to let hump an assault or anything else. IMO this would just add an undoubtedly janky feature that would prevent ties but accomplish relatively little else.

The only way I see it helping assault pilots who get worked up about lights is if it has a large area of effect of potential hit area, in which case it's just a buff to the highest performing class.

In this case it's good that PGI isn't about to make big changes to the game.

#224 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 09 February 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

yeah I want physical attacks.

Imagine doing this in MWO:

Posted Image

#225 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:14 PM

View Postmartian, on 09 February 2020 - 01:09 PM, said:

Imagine doing this in MWO:

Posted Image

If it was balanced at all most attacks would likely be total whiffs...

It's really telling imo that this is always brought up as a cure to light mechs being effective when heavies and assaults can murder lights with a little accuracy.

#226 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 09 February 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

I mean if our teams actually worked together and the lights and mediums kept the ticks off of their teams heavies and assaults....but it's every man for himself I see in QP a lot.

I mean you're unlikely to see much coordination in a pick-up game. Most heavy and assault builds should easily cope with lights, the only real exception being ATM and LRM boats, but if they're fighting near the front they should be with their team and able to get support anyway.

#227 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:44 AM

In yolo que? Dont attack!
But there is always the one... are they still there..

#228 HolyGrail101

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

You push in together or you wait them out, pilots in big Mechs ALWAYS get impatient.

#229 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

View PostHolyGrail101, on 12 February 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

You push in together or you wait them out, pilots in big Mechs ALWAYS get impatient.

Actually, it's some of the pilots in Light mechs that die within the first minute of the match. The ones in the big mechs are often very passive and timid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users