53 replies to this topic

#41 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

I really want the option to play lower difficulty missions now that the campaign is done. I don't want to be locked to 400t missions anymore.

I have a Yen low Wang and a grid iron sitting in cold storage because I can't use them (feesibly) on a sea of 95 difficulty missions!

#42 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

View Postmad kat, on 21 January 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

I really want the option to play lower difficulty missions now that the campaign is done. I don't want to be locked to 400t missions anymore.

I have a Yen low Wang and a grid iron sitting in cold storage because I can't use them (feesibly) on a sea of 95 difficulty missions!

Yes, this would be very good.

#43 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

I still see level 4, 6 and 8 missions zones, generic missions, no High priority, 'cept maybe some in passed early on, just did one that was level 4, don't know how I missed it, 175 ton max, so just took 2 mechs (165 t)
what was weird, was it was a new war zone, I'm sure it was, it was part of the map I never saw one there before, maybe time had something to do with it, on that campaign, Mason has been around well over 100 years now, it's 3130 something

#44 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:14 PM

View Postmad kat, on 21 January 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

If you go back to the start points in Davion space, you can find those missions. The game has set up entire sectors of the IS map into predetermined difficulty areas and not dependent on your reputation.

#45 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:15 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 January 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

If you go back to the start points in Davion space, you can find those missions. The game has set up entire sectors of the IS map into predetermined difficulty areas and not dependent on your reputation.

If so then great. Time to board the jump ship to fed suns.

#46 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:27 AM

If I remember correctly, the Kurita-Davion border and slightly below that are the starting points. As such, you can find upto Rep 6 missions in and around that area. Further south, towards the Taurian border is where you'll find max rep missions in that sector. Moving left to Liao and Marik space, you can find missions upto Rep 10. South-west in Marik space has max rep missions again. From there, moving north towards Lyran commonwealth, you start getting Rep 10 to 13 and north-west from there contains max rep missions. Finally, in Kurita space, you'll find 13 - max rep missions, especially high up in north-east.

#47 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:56 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 January 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

I wish it was more random - planets had both high and low reputation missions from the start.

Edited by Odanan, 22 January 2020 - 04:33 AM.

#48 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

View PostOdanan, on 22 January 2020 - 03:56 AM, said:

I wish it was more random - planets had both high and low reputation missions from the start.

Yeah, it should've been like in HBS's Battletech. In every sector, the difficulty rating is different. So, you could grind low-level missions to gain reputation and train pilots as well before taking on 5-skull difficulty missions. Here in MW5, you can take on any mission regardless of reputation but in predetermined areas. That's just a bad design where you're supposed to be able to go anywhere.

#49 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:34 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 22 January 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Yeah, it should've been like in HBS's Battletech. In every sector, the difficulty rating is different. So, you could grind low-level missions to gain reputation and train pilots as well before taking on 5-skull difficulty missions. Here in MW5, you can take on any mission regardless of reputation but in predetermined areas. That's just a bad design where you're supposed to be able to go anywhere.

It may not be "realistic" but it is good design, borrowed from the way most games work, including World of Warcraft.

#50 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:09 AM

View PostJohn McClintock, on 04 February 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

It may not be "realistic" but it is good design, borrowed from the way most games work, including World of Warcraft.

For MW5, it is a bad design.

#51 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:09 AM

I think it was said in the last podcast that they are working on an update that brings a "free career" mode that comes without the campaing and that changes the mission difficulties to be evenly destributed or random..can't remember but it should be so that you can then go anywhere on the map and have mission of you level.

#52 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:13 AM

Yeah, just like the Career mode in battletech. But the problem is that the missions themselves aren't varied and the equipment payout has to be re-designed based on some missions. Otherwise, there's no changing the boring grind.

#53 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:22 PM

Greetings all,

Question on traveling and being near repair hubs for the cheaper repair costs.
- The hubs are only showing up on the map when I travel through or near each area.
- Should they not be a common listed location through out the known inner sphere.
- Especially for the jump ships we all use. (like take me to the closest hub!)

Is there a map showing the hubs locations I can use as reference when I want to travel somewhat longer distances. Say to move to another factions space for changes of market products.

Thanks,
9erRed
Aim True and Run Cool

#54 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:17 AM

You don't need to be too close to the hubs for them show up. Just move into a conflict zone and you'll see the hubs appear. If they don't, just jump to another system outside of the conflict zones and you'll see the hubs. Just make a logical guess and then you'll see them close by.

The only problem is near the north of Steiner and Kurita space. The hubs are close to the conflict zones but getting to them takes a lot of time, like as if Uber is the one taking you there the loooooooooong way around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users