- - - - -

Scale Main Menu Size

Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 HnyBear

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

I just installed the game and started to play. I love MW but I'm having a problem with the main menus of the game. I play at 3840x2160 and the size of entire UI in the main menus is so small I can't even read it. Is there a way to scale up the menus? It's making it too hard to do anything especially when looking at Mechs in the store as at that resolution I can see about 50 mechs on one screen and can't read any of the info on them.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

P.S. is there a way to get a free mech or purchase a mech for beginners without having to drop money on the game yet? Don't get me wrong if I enjoy the game I will be dumping cash into it but I need to get a feel for it first.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

1)
Lower your resolution. They used to have a scale-form code that would scale the UI, but it caused a lot of performance issues and eventually got removed.

2)
Yes. Use the trial mechs until you earn sufficient c-bills, by the first 25 matches you should have plenty to afford (one or two of) most of the mechs from which to make your first choice. The only mechs you can't get without cash are the hero mechs, and even they are sometimes available for free during events.

Be sure to check the Event tab in-game to see if there are any events going on, they can supplement your income with cbills or things to put in your inventory.

Edited by Koniving, 13 January 2020 - 12:42 PM.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

To expand on that, you only get bonus cbills during your first 25 matches, called the Cadet Bonus. When you're ready to purchase your first mech, if you'd like advice, just ask for it here and several people will be happy to chime in. Just give us an idea of what kinds of mechs and play styles you've enjoyed so far.

Welcome to MWO!

#4 HnyBear

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

Thank you for the info. Really wish I didn't have to drop my resolution. Maybe they can fix the main menus at some point at 4k.

#5 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

Welcome to MWO HnyBear!

Some of the discussions in the forums can get a little testy at times but by and large this is a pretty helpful community so ask all the questions you want.

As for spending real $ in the game, you don't really have to, you can build a good stable of mechs for free. Hero mechs give you a permanent 30% c-bill boost but aren't always the most effective rides. Champion mechs give a permanent 30% xp boost and often have good load outs. Both must be purchased with real $ or MC (mech credits). Generally speaking, Champion mechs are not considered worth it because you can build them from regular mechs for free.

MC can either be purchased for $ or earned during events (there is one almost every weekend). MC also goes on sale from time to time.

Clear as mud right? Posted Image

Anyway, if you really want to spend some $ on MWO, you might consider purchasing Premium Time which gives a 50% boost in c-bills and xp.

See you on the battlefield!

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 14 January 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 February 2020 - 07:49 AM

View PostHnyBear, on 14 January 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

Thank you for the info. Really wish I didn't have to drop my resolution. Maybe they can fix the main menus at some point at 4k.

Since the game is in maintenance mode now, don't hold your breath. They've had years to work on the UI and never added that capability, so unfortunately, don't expect any further development but minor fixes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users