Mechwarrior 5 Editor V1

53 replies to this topic

#21 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

Take your grind thumb off the remaining players (double,triple the rewards) and put sales permanent. That would bring em flocking

#22 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

View PostGakuseinozen, on 13 January 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

PGI, if you're listening... please give MWO some love. I absolutely adore this game, and hope to keep playing it for a lot longer... it just needs.... SOMETHING. Even if you don't do any new mechs, or revamp Faction Warfare/Solaris... at least give us some new maps or modes for Quickplay. Hell, let the community do it for you! Give us a way to develop content, similar to the Editor for MW5, and then playtest what users submit before going live with them. I guarantee a lot of players will come back to this game once it has some life breathed back into it.

Failing all of that, at least consider letting groups of 2 or 3 join the solo queue. I think that's been the most requested feature I've seen on the forums.

I love this game... please don't let it die ;(

I've heard that there's some sort of random-map generator for MW5. If they could introduce THAT coding into MWO, so no two maps are ever the same, then scouting would actually mean something, and we'd get varied, dynamic games that don't completely repeat themselves every time. Even if they do what they did in MW5 and obviously reuse terrain features in different locations, as long as it's randomly generated, then it keeps the matches from being the same-old that they've become.

Above and beyond that, I finally got to see the video of what they were promising for Community Warfare, back in the day, which is exactly what they needed, and it's a complete failure that they never followed through and seemed to just "give up", so if they could resume work on that... Also, VR support (all we need is separate controls for the torso while in free-look. Shouldn't be THAT hard...), and all the remaining variants of existing 'mechs. (That's the one thing I looked forward to with the loyalty program, and I feel REALLY gipped that they skimped out last year).

#23 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

post in the MW5 forums, not MWO.

I know you guys don't care about us.

You can at least let us play in peace without having to hear about how you sold out, and are so much happier.

#24 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

View Postshameless, on 13 January 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

post in the MW5 forums, not MWO.

I know you guys don't care about us.

You can at least let us play in peace without having to hear about how you sold out, and are so much happier.

To be fair, I haven't redeemed my preorder yet. Not even the demo. Waiting to see what happens, and probably waiting to see if I can get them to give me a steam key in a year. But definitely watching the reviews and gleaning the pros and cons from everyone else's experiences.

#25 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:32 PM

they already said they weren't going to give steam keys, that was why they gave us the option to refund back before september.

#26 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

View Postshameless, on 13 January 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

they already said they weren't going to give steam keys, that was why they gave us the option to refund back before september.

You can point out facts to people but they'll still ignore them if it suits their own personal interests to do so.

#27 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:22 PM

View Postmartian, on 13 January 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

So there are MW5 forums! I was wondering where they were at - thanks for pointing them out! Seriously, I didn't realize they were actually part of the MWO site... d'oh! Posted Image

#28 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:33 PM

Woot, can't wait to dive in!! I'm sure it will take a while to figure everything out while you get the packers ready. :)

btw MWO players, This forum is forums/Mech Universe/announcements/Mech warrior 5 editor, Not MWO.. please direct your MWO questions to the forums/MWO/General, They are all yours..

thank you

Edited by JC Daxion, 13 January 2020 - 11:38 PM.

#29 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:43 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 13 January 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

To be fair, I haven't redeemed my preorder yet. Not even the demo. Waiting to see what happens, and probably waiting to see if I can get them to give me a steam key in a year. But definitely watching the reviews and gleaning the pros and cons from everyone else's experiences.
Do you want me to show you the response from their support where they've plainly stated that no, they will not give Steam keys even if we waited?
Posted Image

Edited by Horseman, 14 January 2020 - 04:09 AM.

#30 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:41 AM

So soon MW5 will be turned from a ground solid Mechwarrior game to the best Mechwarrior game ever. Nice!
It´s sad that i already had to "install" a 2kB Mod from a private programmer to fix the spawn issue in MW5, cause PGI isn´t able to do it.
Hopefuly someone can fix the graphics, cause if i use AA the vegetation is blurry. So i have to set AA to low, but now all sharp edges are glittering and pixilated white lines. Not to mention that the maximum visibility for vegetation is 320m.
And yes, i have set everything to maximum and my system can easily handle it.

What i really like is the feeling of sitting in a giant robot. This feeling got me additicted to Mechwarrior and the Battletech universe. Last time i experienced that feeling was Mechwarrior 2. The implementation of this feeling in MW5 is perfect.
The rest is ... well it´s PGI. So thanks for letting the community use mods so early.

PS: Is there a website to look up the sold copys for MW5?

#31 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:22 AM

View PostGakuseinozen, on 13 January 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

PGI, if you're listening...

They arent/dont/never have. Good luck with that!

#32 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:11 AM

View PostQuakeRiley, on 13 January 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

Its 67GB?

View PostHorseman, on 13 January 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

I wonder... maybe Epic doesn't have DLC support and the editor has to include all of the game's data with it?

Would be consistent with their platform's quality...

The install is all of MW5's raw, uncooked assets and unreal engine's editor data. It's a package of everything you need to build the whole game. That's the whole point of having this editor instead of just modding using the normal Unreal Engine install.

#33 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:10 AM

I look forward to picking this up on Steam. Hopefully by that time, the community will have the game finished.

#34 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:34 PM

Maybe there is hope after all...maybe. At least something is happening.

#35 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:18 PM

It begins...

~Leone.

#36 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:52 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

You can point out facts to people but they'll still ignore them if it suits their own personal interests to do so.

No need to be condescending.
Facts like this can change. At some point in time it was a fact that we'll get Steam keys, then the Epic deal happened.
Of course PGI will not commit to this a year in advance, so they can't be blamed if it does not work.

In this case I got a refund. But there are other cases where I just waited, and the company-made facts changed (they are not law of nature), and if I had acted on the first "facts" that companies told me, I would have lost e.g. a very cheap contract for my mobile phone or (more similar to the situation here) wouldn't have been able to give a friend a copy of Wasteland 2 on GOG that was converted from a Steam license I had.

Horseman, thank you for the support mail. I understand it as "We don't know if the pre-order bonuses of the community edition would work with e.g. a Steam edition of the game, or if co-op play will work, or whatever that we haven't thought about 15 months in advance. And we don't know if we're able to see whether the Epic key has already been used, or if we're able to ensure that the Epic key can no longer be used after giving out a Steam/GOG/... key."

If they would have promised anything here, they would have to face 700+ people in 12+ months that demand their game and pre-order bonuses, while without this promise they may be able to help the remaing few people getting at least the game.

#37 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:15 AM

Lol, gonna have to install to regular HDD, as my SSD is a 60gb windows-only thing..

But anyways, I can't wait to see what this community can come up with in terms of mods and custom maps / missions..

#38 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:15 AM

@ PGI

Now that the editor is out, could we please have a truely seperate MW5 Forum with a dedicated modding section?
I think the MWO people as well as MW5 players would appriciate that.

#39 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:46 AM

"We have done Editor and show You how to use it (check our demo game) so now it's Your turn!" (c) dews (as I see it).

#40 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:40 PM

How long until someone modded 12 vs 12 PVP in MW5?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users