The Hoplite Should Make An Appearance In Game.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

https://store.ironwi...echs/20-803.jpg

This thing looks so sweet. I'd definitely play it all day long if they cloned this into game.

#2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

too late for that, sorry. Posted Image

#3 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:23 PM

Why add the Hoplite when they can add the Bane (Kraken)?

Here's my s***post thread about it: https://mwomercs.com...ao-hu-or-et-al/

There's also the plethora of IS OmniMechs they skipped over, like the Sunder, Avatar, Owens, Argus, Hauptmann, and so on.

One can dream.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:41 PM

I would be genuinely surprised if this game ever got another new mech at all.

#5 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM

View PostFupDup, on 14 January 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

I would be genuinely surprised if this game ever got another new mech at all.

why. Is it dead?

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:54 PM

View PostAlardus, on 14 January 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

https://store.ironwi...echs/20-803.jpg

This thing looks so sweet. I'd definitely play it all day long if they cloned this into game.

If you want something sweet, buy candy - or UrbanMech. But I do not think that there would be enough MWO customers to recoup the costs of paying the artist, the modeller etc.

View PostAlardus, on 14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

why. Is it dead?

In coma.

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

Alardus said:

1579034889[/url]' post='6315433']

why. Is it dead?

Kinda. Yeah.

Back in June (I think it might have actually been late May), Russ held a “developer update” wherein, for all practical purposes, he announced that MWO would be in a holding pattern development wise until MW5 was released. He went further though, and noted that there would be no more mech packs for the game as they have not been profitable for sometime (he held out the possibility of potentially one more “special” pack at some future date (edit), maybe). He went on to say that the future of MWO was “up to the community,” and if we really wanted to ensure the game had a future, we should buy old mech packs. The only future promise of “development” was that he said Paul would continue working on his efforts to redo the Faction play leader boards (I have no idea if that was ever finished or not) and that occasional balance passes would still occur (none have since then). PGI has maintained strict radio silence since then, with Russ saying only that the devs would maybe have something to say after a good rest following MW5’s release.

So yeah, the vibe around here has been that the game is essentially in maintenance mode from here on out.

Edited by Bud Crue, 14 January 2020 - 01:10 PM.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

And if we do get another 'Mech, it won't matter unless it's the Raptor.

#9 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

View PostAlardus, on 14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

why. Is it dead?

Last year PGI said they would stop releasing a new mech "every month", because they were no longer selling well enough, so they'd have to find a new way to monetize MWO in 2020.

In December PGI said they'd be taking a break from any MWO updates for a few weeks, after and because of releasing MW5 that month.

This year PGI will resume work on the next MWO updates, including finding a new way to monetize MWO without relying on the previous monthly new mech release.

As for new players, specially those who just came to MWO through MW5, they have hundreds of MWO mechs to keep them busy until PGI comes up with that announcement about their next step for MWO in 2020, any week now (no exact date was provided, but most probably within 2020 Q1).

So they didn't exclude adding new mechs, or even new tech, simply even in 2020 it won't be a new mech per month anymore.

#10 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:30 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 14 January 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

Last year PGI said they would stop releasing a new mech "every month", because they were no longer selling well enough, so they'd have to find a new way to monetize MWO in 2020.

In December PGI said they'd be taking a break from any MWO updates for a few weeks, after and because of releasing MW5 that month.

This year PGI will resume work on the next MWO updates, including finding a new way to monetize MWO without relying on the previous monthly new mech release.

As for new players, specially those who just came to MWO through MW5, they have hundreds of MWO mechs to keep them busy until PGI comes up with that announcement about their next step for MWO in 2020, any week now (no exact date was provided, but most probably within 2020 Q1).

So they didn't exclude adding new mechs, or even new tech, simply even in 2020 it won't be a new mech per month anymore.

And if you believe that I have a bridge near an opera house in Sydney to sell you...

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:06 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 16 January 2020 - 03:30 AM, said:

And if you believe that I have a bridge near an opera house in Sydney to sell you...

No, thank you.

Bullock & Ekman have offered me a gold mine near Vancouver, BC and I think I am going to sign that deal ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users