• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

View PostLord Sevenous, on 16 January 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

Oxide was the first Hero I`ve found.
X5`s..... I own 2 and have found so many that now the Hero Icon on Planets makes me think: "I hope it`s not another X5"

I have the same experience with the Wolverine Quarantine.

View PostFive by Five, on 16 January 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

This gives me an idea for a new AI command I'd like 'Target Class' or 'Prioritize Class'. Not sure how to implement it . . . In my play through, I often did it by using the support mech myself.

I use Voice Attack so issuing commands is easy. But there should be more options when it comes to lance-mate commands instead of just the 3 that we have now (4 if you include cease fire but that doesn't stop the AI from standing in front of enemies instead of moving to cover).

#22 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:39 PM

I love the blackjack hero mech "Arrow" BJ-A. It's fantastic at demolition jobs and also just taking down mechs in general. I often use it with the 400 ton limit despite it being only 45 tons.

6 machine guns rip apart cities without needing to break stride, and they also tear apart any un-armoured mech and knock vtols out of the sky nicely. The trio of lasers help with the unarmoured part.

What are some decent hero mechs to strip for DHS?

Edited by Asmosis, 16 January 2020 - 10:39 PM.

#23 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

Urbie K9 has 6 or 8 DHS if I remember correctly.

The Grasshopper 5P, although not a hero, comes with lots of DHS installed.

The Commando TDK has 4 DHS.

Panther Katana Kat comes with 5

Javelin Hero has a couple of DHS as well

Crab 27B has around 6 DHS

Catapult Jester has 8 DHS

Quickdraw 5K

Warhammer Black Widow

Awesome 9M

The above mechs have a great return in terms of cost-vs-DHS as far as I've seen. I think there's a list somewhere. It should pop up if you Google it.

Edit :- Found it!

Link to the forum...
https://www.reddit.c..._dhs_count_now/

Google docs....
https://docs.google....#gid=1139505654

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 16 January 2020 - 10:51 PM.

#24 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 16 January 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

What are some decent hero mechs to strip for DHS?

Urbie Hero K-9 has a whole slew of DHS and an Uac, and is fairly cheap to boot. Second Hero I found, an totally worth the trip.

~Leone.

#25 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:51 AM

Turns out you can just buy Double Heat sinks.

Not sure what triggers it, but I'm at Mythical (rank 15) in year 3045 and I found 4 of them for sale in the same system as Annihilator (tagged as rare mech, far north Kurita territory) which also had 2 DHS equipped.

Seems to be an uncommon occurrence in all Kurita space, and presumably anything over a certain threshold. It could simply be that you need a mech for sale that has DHS equipped, and that by default causes it to be on the market.

Edited by Asmosis, 18 January 2020 - 01:52 AM.

#26 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:46 AM

It's the 'year' trigger. By the time I completed the campaign on my first playthrough, the year was 3035 or something. I hadn't come across mechs like the Maulers yet, no DHS in the market, etc., but searching online yields that they're year based.

#27 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:01 AM

Yup that seems to be the case. I skipped the campaign and just went exploring, doing the high reward missions. If I ever replay the game i'll have to look up what year they start appearing in.

On a sidenote, I was able to purchase exactly *ONE* tier 5 weapon during my entire campaign thus far, a tier 5 SP laser. I think perhaps they are a bit too rare lol, unless frequency is somehow tied to the main campaign.

Edited by Asmosis, 18 January 2020 - 03:02 AM.

#28 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

The Flea is great. all those weapons, oh yeah.

Firestarter, obviously.

And Hero Spider.

Hero Cataphract, 3x LBX-10 Solid, 4 tons of ammo, you'll need to shave some armor off the head and legs to get to 4 tons.
It is the only mech that can carry 3 LBX-10S

Non-hero black knight, 6xMPL with 2xERLL in the torso for picking off choppas.

I made a list of all the MPL boats. Don't have it with me. I spent about two hours going thourgh and testing builds.There's about 6 of them that have good cooling.

Hero Javelin, the stock configuration isn't bad. I swapped the 2x SRM6s for 2xSRM4+A for better range. The 4ML in the arms are great for, well... everything.

I already made a thread just for the butterbee.

Some good builds posted here.

Unlike MWO, it is generally best to have a variety of ranges on your weapons. Boating is less important that having a large number of hardpoints.

#29 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

It's about Oct 3048 in my first playthrough of the game, and on the 3rd mission outside of Kurita Territory against the 'bad guys'. I've intentionally flown and played all over the Innersphere, stopping at many markets, doing missions, going back etc. etc. And I've enjoyed the whole of it. I've only passed up a handful of hero mechs and only get Rare ones if they are the SLDF variants.
Notice this is not long after I faced Kain. Shortly after that I found that SLDF variant KC (has FF) and did not hesitate to swap them.
I did not want the Wolverine Quarantine despite seeing in multiple times.
Sold my MX-90 when I found the 1P Mauler, and am pretty sure I found both around the same area in Kurita near Davion/Steiner junction.

Current Heros - TDK, Spider Anansi, Cicada X5, BJ Arrow, Crab Florentine, Centurion Yen Lo, Quickdraw IV4, Jager Firebrand, Thunerdbolt, Black Widow, Orion -P, Stalker M
Posted Image

Also- DHS do occur quite frequently in later game (never looked at the art for them, very cool)
Posted Image

Crab Tax
Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 18 January 2020 - 08:11 PM.

#30 Cant Stop

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 04:04 PM

cant fit 4 missle in the blr-1ghe only 3 missle

#31 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 04:43 PM

Stalker with 6LPL and ECM

Crael with HMG, SPL, Tag, (3)Streak4

Crusader with 2xMRM30 and ecm

Veagle with 2ppc & lbx10

stealth urbie with 2xerppc

#32 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 04:16 PM

Hunchback-4SP
2 srm6/a or stream w/ 2-3 tons
4 short burst ML, 1 SL
rest is dhs.

Will ct or headshot just about everything in vanilla. most mediums and lights are one cycle, heavy and assault are usually only 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users