226 replies to this topic

#221 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:45 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 22 January 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

Not trolling here . Looks like your contributions were captured pretty decently. Good match score, great kills and not terrible damage for a locust. So, what the issue? Looks like it was captured in the stats.

Edit: one thing off about your stats is you can’t have 3 kills and 10 assists....that would be 13 mechs. So, you missed something there.

Then the assists.

#222 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:12 PM

View Post_Magno_, on 22 January 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Then the assists.

Back to what you said about your contributions not being reflected in that match. From what you reported .it was a good round and your match score (what Jarls ranking is based on) reflected that it was quite good. Nobody here is going to say a 425 match score in a locust isn’t at least a good round. So, what part of your contribution do you feel wasn’t reflected?

#223 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

View Post_Magno_, on 22 January 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

I have these type of games maybe 1 out of 3.
1 of 3 are stinkers
1 of 3 are middle of the road. maybe get a kill, maybe survive, maybe win. These games usually feel like I was along for the ride.

That's the difference that separates a decent player from a top player. From what I've seen the top players are remarkably consistent in every match regardless if it's qp gp or fw. They rarely have what you call a middle of the road game and almost never have a stinker.

To be so consistent relies a lot on knowing positioning and timing along with the skills to shoot true.

There are some who can do it in small sample sizes or seal club in lower tiers but the real top tier players are easy to identify on jarls.

#224 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

@_Magno_
Man, you got through a few games in December and was good to have a drop with you on Tourmaline the other night/day (depending on timezone)

It's kind of interesting to reflect on the stats in Jarls and look back at the data over the different seasons.
Some months I see I've done better than normal and wonder what I was doing.
Others, I wonder if I was piloting with one hand on a steering wheel and the other holding a beer.... seem to have more of these than not.
Too much experimenting with builds or goofing about perhaps........
Consistency is definitely a problem.... though my light mech progress I have almost managed to keep to 0% for 4 years.
I'll admit it's pleasing to see my status is no longer 'retired' and I certainly missed the game during that time.
For everything that MWO is and isn't and whatever peoples opinions might be, it's been a great game in the time I've been playing and I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it, met some great players from all over the world.

View PostShanrak, on 22 January 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

That's the difference that separates a decent player from a top player. From what I've seen the top players are remarkably consistent in every match regardless if it's qp gp or fw. They rarely have what you call a middle of the road game and almost never have a stinker. To be so consistent relies a lot on knowing positioning and timing along with the skills to shoot true. There are some who can do it in small sample sizes or seal club in lower tiers but the real top tier players are easy to identify on jarls.

I definitely agree on this point. Knowing and doing consistently.

Edited by 50 50, 22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#225 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:55 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 January 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yeah...

I'm a SJW... About 90s of watching my stream would pretty much denounce that... Let alone the last 3 years of it.

Posted Image

#226 A Rabid Raccoon With A Shotgun

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Alaska foaming at the mouth

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 22 January 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well....if it’s not an alt, then you are off to a pretty fast start in this game, congrats. Play a few months in tier 1, put up those kind of nice stats and everyone will be convinced of that. You will probably also learn that more than a few founders are perma-bads. Tenure doesn’t mean anything really ....talent and knowledge of the game always shows through though.

I learned long ago in the days of UT2K4, never, ever, stop moving, the quicker and more aware you are the better your survival rate. Also learned from Hawken, 90% of the time your team is useless they think of themselves and no one else, my devious little paws don't have enough toes to count the number of times teammates have yeeted off out of danger in game when attempting to take down large targets. With being deaf I've been forced to learn when and when not to approach a target by watching the careful ebb and flow of battle, it's just this is a slower paced game so not as much attention is really needed, but slip ups on the enemies behalf are made often even in Tier 2 where I'm at.

#227 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

View PostA Rabid Raccoon With A Shotgun, on 22 January 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

....Also learned from Hawken, 90% of the time your team is useless they think of themselves and no one else, my devious little paws don't have enough toes to count the number of times teammates have yeeted off out of danger in game when attempting to take down large targets......

This is true, though you have to work at finding teamwork to get said teamwork in imo.

And for me, the most basic form of teamwork that needs even less planning than nascar is focus fire.
Shooting the same target is more important than from where you shoot.
Getting fast kills, thus guns off the field and a kill lead as a result, is the key
Which often can carry a so so team to over the line to victory.
In terms of return for your investment it is only 2nd to not dieing.

Its amzing what a little focus fire can over come, yet its treated like lostech.

How can I get some Focus Fire?

Write down (I do eet in moi head) regular performers you see in game, take note.
When they on your team focus fire their targets, theirs no such thing as kill stealing here, its kill secured thank you Posted Image .
After a while they are bound to return the favour and focus fire your targets.

Once you get a rep as a focus fire aficionado, other focus fire aficionado's (ssh its lostech) are likely to tend to shoot your targets over others. Perhaps they secure your kills, but you win more.

Edit TLDR: You have to teamwork to get teamwork, do you even teamwork?

Focus fire always Luke! Use your eyez Boooh! Thats teamwork at its most basic and effective!!!

Once I get moi Focus Fire then we can talk strats (Nascar etc) untill then. NO!

Cause with good Focus Fire I can deafeat any of doh's strats against a opfor that doesn't employ focus fire more often than not imo.
Which is most of the time in quick play, so focus fire is an ez win in most cases in quick play.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 January 2020 - 10:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users