#42 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

Fun event. Completed it in one evening, almost, save for playing on Frozen City Classic. Haven't seen that one yet for some reason, lol.

Now to grind for engines... :)

#43 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

Done with the event except for ... you know ... Posted Image
Played 10 more games and didn´t see Frozen City Classic and Forest Colony Snow even once! I played on Frozen City Classic Snow and i was happy ... but that doesn´t count. Of course it doesn´t ... Posted Image
And so i present the annual price for incompetence of 2020 to ... PGI!
5 years in a row! Congratulations! Posted Image

#44 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:05 PM

Not done with the event yet . I did get the map one in two game sessions , although it took a bit since most folks did not vote for it .
There was no mc prize for that challenge so I would not have cried if I never got that one .

Thanks for the cool as ice event PGI .

#45 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

Webstore GSP bundle for the next sale, please? Posted Image

#46 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:36 AM

20 more games ...
20! more! games!
And those 2 maps didn´t even show up ONCE!!!
!!!NOT ONCE!!!
I´m done with this event.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 21 January 2020 - 02:25 AM.

#47 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:25 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 20 January 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

20 more games ...
20! more! games!
And those 2 maps didn´t even show up ONCE!!!
!!!NOT ONCE!!!
I´m done with this event.

Posted Image

#48 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

View Postmartian, on 20 January 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

Seriously, right? It's just random. I did most of the event on Thursday or Friday night or whatever, but didn't see Frozen City Classic once. Did it the next time after a while. It's like a 10 day event. Stop screeching at PGI, wishmaster.

#49 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:17 PM

Wow I see someone is suffering from completionist OCD .

#50 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:25 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 20 January 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Seriously, right? It's just random. I did most of the event on Thursday or Friday night or whatever, but didn't see Frozen City Classic once. Did it the next time after a while. It's like a 10 day event. Stop screeching at PGI, wishmaster.

Posted Image

#51 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

FWIW, the rage might be excessive, but they're not wrong. I've yet to be able to play Forest Snow. It's come up maybe twice and both times outvoted for something else even with a crazy vote multiplier.

#52 Ratybor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:29 PM

how come Frozen City Night (Classic) does not count? WHY?
The maps come in voting like one time in 5-10 matches, people vote for them every fifth time, and the NIGHT variant does not count?

Edited by Ratybor, 21 January 2020 - 03:31 PM.

#53 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

I don't think it's that unreasonable for people to be irritated, considering this is an event structure that after this many years, PGI knows we hate. At least the one RNG/Vote-gated part. It's needlessly frustrating and just serves to make PGI look even less competent than usual, because we know that they know it's a dumb metric for an event, yet they chose to go ahead and drop it as is.

Do I think PGI will stop borking their own events just because we remind them how irritating they can be when done poorly? No, not at all. Still fun to remind them how bad they are at successfully releasing an event without at least one major fail.

#54 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

guess I can't complete this, never get the maps needed, done with everything, but that.

on one account just need the forest colony snow, weirdly, on this account all 3, plus one another no polar, which is odd, that map is always getting voted in, now it's hardly voted for
in one way I don't mind that , seen that map too much already, but wouldn't mind total completion of event on at least one of the accounts

#55 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:03 PM

This event is designed with something similar of others in the recent past. I like parts of if, but not all. It's made with some challenges for people to stay playing longer than they may desire.Posted Image

I remember the times when the player population was not as small as it is these days... The events could then be finished in less time with bigger, better, or equal rewards.

I'm fine completing events somehow in a shorter time. If you like the game, then you can continue playing or not. (like using all your given premium time or let it be wasted)

The first challenge included on this opportunity can demand more time from the player with not much individual control over to finish it: 3 maps you may see or not, but then is up to the group voting to have it selected. Some may get the challenge easily while for others it may seem almost impossible.

Fact is some people don't have all the time or patience to finish events completely. For myself I refused to do the Pick a Part challenge and just concentrated on the others.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 21 January 2020 - 09:14 PM.

#56 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:43 AM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 21 January 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

Fact is some people don't have all the time or patience to finish events completely.

Fact is, part 1 isn´t a challenge, it´s a lottery. 2 of the classic maps that least show up for vote, a specific type of those maps and it has to get voted (being the least popular maps).
But as long as enough people defend PGI for doing stupid things over and over and over and over and over, cause "otherwise we wouldn´t have a mechwarrior game at all", nothing will change.

#57 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:13 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 22 January 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

Fact is, part 1 isn´t a challenge, it´s a lottery.

Exactly, one meant to hold a part of the player base into the game if they want to complete it.

PGI should have known that MWO without the events, could be enough for people to play their BT shooter, those would offer just additional motivation.

They never corrected MWO flaws so they rely on doing constant events to keep the game alive. Specially since it no longer has updates and dwells in maintenance mode.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 22 January 2020 - 08:16 AM.

#58 Horrus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:43 AM

Nice event not so grindi i like it thx :)

#59 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

oh, guess I should have read all the post before posting, could have just, said 'Ditto, cool event, and a huge example why Voting does not work and should be removed"

#60 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:51 AM

While I know it is down to random luck, the maps part was the one I got first. I think that playing closer to the start also helps with people voting for the maps because as the event progresses and fewer people need those maps the voting trends away from them more. I play with or without events, but the events are a nice way of getting some bonuses while playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users