cool new rejoin stomp bag)

#42 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

Why is the faction leaderboard still broken?

#43 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:31 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 28 January 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

Why is the faction leaderboard still broken?

There's a faction leaderboard?

Huh.

I just play for the pew pew ^_^

#44 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:13 PM

That's all there is PGI? Really? Get your asses out of that gutter and actually do something good for once. There is so much that needs to be done and you guys abandoned the game. No wonder why MWO is dying.

#45 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:24 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 January 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

• 'Apply Changes' button will change to a 'Buy SP' button if the player does not have enough SP to unlock the skill node.

That new "Buy SP" button should take you straight to the "Purchase skill points screen".

The old "Add SP" button should take you (straight ?) to the "Skill point migration screen" (or be greyed out if you don't have any).

This would completely get rid of the annoying "Choose Method" screen, that keeps popping up if you have any GSP left you don't want to use yet, when 99% of the time you just want to go purchase skill points with the mech XP you just earned.

• Added a Favorite's filter for Patterns, Decals, and Bolt-ons.

When clicking on "Decal" for the first time, instead of defaulting the display options to "All" and "New", default them to "Favorites" and "All", because 90% of the time you just want to apply one of your favorite decals.

• Added a 'Randomize' button for Camo Patterns and Colors.

Missing a "Randomize" button for Bolt-ons.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 29 January 2020 - 02:34 AM.

#46 Belmenel

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:33 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 28 January 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

you can play faction play with a small group of friends, they can't force people to play quickplay group que, what exactly do you expect them to do?

Faction play is time intensive, and mech restrictive. As soon as I can bring my viper/supernova into a round with my brothers king crab, and only have to play a single match, that'll be a legit answer. Otherwise, take that excuse and **** right off.
What I expect them to do is adjust the queue system to integrate small enough groups with the solo queue. Not exactly rocket science.
And a functional group queue might just (surprise surprise) just bring small groups back into quickplay.

#47 Taintickle

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:54 AM

When will we get UI scaling for higher resolutions?

#48 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:31 AM

View PostWinter VII, on 27 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Not that this matters, but new players coming to the game and seeing lack of support from the devs doesn't make us want to invest into a game when other F2P games with real studios like DE actually listen to their community. After reading the forums for a few weeks there is some great input from community members and players that would elevate this game to a whole new level. Seeing PGI constantly ignore the feedback and suggestions even when it would require minimal effort is really sad...

Heh....you should have been here in 2016 for even more epic PGI hubris, tone-deafness, and outright neglect.

#49 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:08 AM

View PostBelmenel, on 29 January 2020 - 02:33 AM, said:

Faction play is time intensive, and mech restrictive. As soon as I can bring my viper/supernova into a round with my brothers king crab, and only have to play a single match, that'll be a legit answer. Otherwise, take that excuse and **** right off.
What I expect them to do is adjust the queue system to integrate small enough groups with the solo queue. Not exactly rocket science.
And a functional group queue might just (surprise surprise) just bring small groups back into quickplay.

An average FP match takes no more than 5 minutes to find and 20 minutes to play (often less depending on mode). Not that huge of a time investment. The idea of allowing groups into solo que has been discussed plenty and it's a terrible idea. Groups of strong players will be wiping the floor with players like you (and pretty much everyone else), and in a month solo qp will be as dead as group que.

#50 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:01 AM

It was stupid to expect a lot of changes in MWO (right) after MW5 reliase, so - thanks for the patch, I hope we will see roadmaps for MWO again...

#51 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:06 AM

IT IS ALIVE ! ! !

O
M
G

#52 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 29 January 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

It was stupid to expect a lot of changes in MWO (right) after MW5 reliase, so - thanks for the patch, I hope we will see roadmaps for MWO again...

PGI: This is awkward...

that was all we planned to update for this year

#53 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:13 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 28 January 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

There's a faction leaderboard?

People are playing faction play?

#54 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

View PostWild_Alaskan, on 29 January 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

People are playing faction play?

For Steiner, yes.

And anti-clan, yes.

And now you know ^_^

#55 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

I haven't played many online games, much less come back to if I leave. This is one of those two. The other game is quite different and hasn't updated in forever...the sad part is more updates would have saved the game... I had my wallet ready along with many others. But even in its nearly dead state, got to test out so many ship designs...anyway...

The good news is for this game a patch was released just a day ago, meaning the game, although slowed, is not dead, and still gets some attention. Games tend to die much faster when updates cease for too long or when confidence is lost.

I had left MWO because of 3 things... 1) Game performance (fps) was starting to get worse making it harder to actually do any good in a match. 2) Flamers used to not have ghost heat...but when you go past 4, it adds way more than before, thus I had to retire the 15 flamer direwolf...which sounds OP, but even with shutting down 3 mechs at once, since flamers don't damage very well, it balanced out... 3) Aside from FPS, there is this crashing issue that pops up now and then, usually happening while I am in a vital match.

Why I'm back...curiousity...to see if they had added anything new, and I did see a few new mechs, and also realized some more weapon combos to test, on top of thinking of new designs I didn't think of before. There is enough in this game to keep you trying out new combos, much like the other game in question, the advantage here is that this game still gets updates.

Some Notes: Would like to see Arrow V, possibly other weapons too. Most weapons seem really balanced now, with the exception of IS LRMS which are weaker than clan due to the 180m range thing, but still useful at times, Snub-nose PPC has quite abit of heat produced for such a low range, although not terrible. Flamers stay probably the most messed up weapon...Honestly, I wish it was back to the way it was when this game started on the flamers(would make for less code). I understand and it makes sense to cause the flamers to produce more heat the longer they are used, but even regular weapons, though heat producing, do not go infinitely up like the flamers do, so while flamers do run hotter and should, they should cap out at a point.

Example: 1 flamer on a locust, yeah... it might still overheat, but on an 100 ton assault with 50 heat sinks, should never overheat with just 1 flamer which it will...

I like the faction mode more now, much easier to get a match, I haven't had to wait too long. Still gonna be playing for awhile longer.

#56 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 January 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

In fairness, most Forumwarriors hardly even play the game and just come here to whine, b*tch and moan about PGI's percieved lack of interest in what the playerbase says.

They literally just launched MW5 LAST MONTH, are working constantly to bugfix it and don't have a massive company of hundreds of people. the fact there even IS a MWO patch means they've been paying attention to us.

Swear to god, only place I've ever seen a saltier forum than MWO's is the League of Legends one.

Fairly sure most of us play extremely regularly...

And, in case you have not noticed, there has not really been a patch/update for 9 months... Not LAST MONTH... NINE Months.

The stuff that was deployed was already in the pipeline so it arrived based on their inhouse deployment lifecycle etc.

If you think this patch constitues "paying attention" to the playerbase then you are one very confused individual.

View Posttee5, on 28 January 2020 - 04:45 AM, said:

Äh no. The heat bug can come at anytime. Has nothing to do with a side-torso loss. The heat of your mech only goes very slowly down. Had the heat-bug once in a Summoner with dual PPC which is one of the coolest mechs. Two shots and I was nearly at overheat, and it took like 1 minute to get the heat down.

I am astonished that you never heard of that. Normally you know everything.

I do know, and you're reading what I said incorrectly.

The torso heat spike was touted, by Chris, to be part of the fix for the heatbug.

It didn't fix it - which was the whole point of what I said.

#57 GrimmigerPetz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:50 AM

Wait a sec. If I remember correctly there wasnt a heatbug before they implemented the heatspike mechanic to nerf clan mechs. But didnt they change something to the heatspike after introduction?

#58 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:43 AM

View PostGrimmigerPetz, on 30 January 2020 - 04:50 AM, said:

Wait a sec. If I remember correctly there wasnt a heatbug before they implemented the heatspike mechanic to nerf clan mechs. But didnt they change something to the heatspike after introduction?

There was a heatbug before. They said the new mechanic was to stop it, and not just a nerf to Cxl and LFE, but it totally didn't, and it totally was

#59 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

View PostGrimmigerPetz, on 30 January 2020 - 04:50 AM, said:

Easily 12 months prior.

Heat bug / desync issue appeared in 2017. It even featured in the World Champs at the time.

The heatpike, which affects IS mechs as well not just Clan, came much later. Around 9-12 months off the top of my head. Maybe slightly more.

#60 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

View PostWinter VII, on 27 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Not that this matters, but new players coming to the game and seeing lack of support from the devs doesn't make us want to invest into a game when other F2P games with real studios like DE actually listen to their community.

That last bit, that I made bold, that made me laugh. Not to get off topic but as a former Warframe player I can attest DE doesn't listen to anyone but DE. They do whatever they feel like and they haven't done anything major it improve the game or fix it in years. They drifted so far away from what the game was that its not even salvageable at this juncture and people should look elsewhere for entertainment. MWO is at the very least still salvageable if PGI bothers to fix things, which they might still do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users