Are "campers" The New "lurmers"?

146 replies to this topic

#141 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

I love how there is an assumption that there are only 2 types of teams in fp, scary 12 mans of comp level players and full teams of poor innocent tier 5 baby seals dropping solo, and nothing in between, and 12 mans never meet other 12 mans and baby seal teams never meet other baby seal teams. Oh no, it's always 12 guys trying their best to ruin the game for everyone standing knee deep in baby seal blood

#142 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:34 AM

They really should change the name to Crywarrior.

#143 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:50 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 07 March 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

I love how there is an assumption that there are only 2 types of teams in fp, scary 12 mans of comp level players and full teams of poor innocent tier 5 baby seals dropping solo, and nothing in between, and 12 mans never meet other 12 mans and baby seal teams never meet other baby seal teams. Oh no, it's always 12 guys trying their best to ruin the game for everyone standing knee deep in baby seal blood

Remember when groups were actively avoiding each other to stomp pugs, Pepperridge Farm remembers.

Supposedly this also happens in the comp queue with some teams avoiding each other, can't say fo sho tho, I don't partake.

#144 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 07 March 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

Remember when groups were actively avoiding each other to stomp pugs, Pepperridge Farm remembers.

There are still a few groups like that, but generally they struggle even against pug teams, there's also groups actively hunting other groups, and a whole lot of crap in the middle, lots of 2-5mans, etc.

It's just what I see a lot of times is people recognize like 2-3 names/tags on the other team, and if they are losing they right away go "well thats obviously a 12 man over there" (cause how could I possibly be losing to something other than a 12man), while in reality it's like a 4man, 3man, 3 solo cadets, and 2 strong veteran solos

#145 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:42 PM

There isn't a whole lot of 12-man stompy left in FP.

On siege if I play in a group more than 4 people I won't play defense. Defense on most maps is easier and offers pretty distinct advantages.

Historically I've played more IS FP than clan FP, but there are big groups of units who only play the IS techbase that are bad that I go out of my way to avoid playing with. So I'm currently trending towards having done more clan than IS drops.

#146 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:00 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 07 March 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

Supposedly this also happens in the comp queue with some teams avoiding each other, can't say fo sho tho, I don't partake.

Posted Image

#147 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:21 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 07 March 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's just what I see a lot of times is people recognize like 2-3 names/tags on the other team, and if they are losing they right away go "well thats obviously a 12 man over there" (cause how could I possibly be losing to something other than a 12man), while in reality it's like a 4man, 3man, 3 solo cadets, and 2 strong veteran solos

Came from a different thread, saw this and remembered how I dropped in then-CW with guys on TS a while back. There was about six of us, some guys from the unit that owned the TS room, my own unitless self, then some guys from other units showed up, and all of a sudden we now had a full 12-man on comms with absolutely no way to tell from inside the game, because some guys were in different units, others were not in units at all and we were all in different Clans. So yes, it was what I called then a Blakist stealth 12-man. Of course the game population was very different back then, and it is highly unlikely now, just goes to show that such a thing is indeed possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users